Mark LaFountain

The "X"con 12" prototype has arrived

a 40hz tuned enclosure would not have any positive effect on a woofer designed

for a non peaky SQ response...you would be missing out on all the musical detail

spending big cash on a good quality woofer just to throw it in a random

box is defiantely going in the wrong direction

Any new updates!? Been more than 5 days since the parts were SUPPOSED to arrive?!

Any new updates!? Been more than 5 days since the parts were SUPPOSED to arrive?!

Yah, I've heard word today that all parts should be in Tuesday of this coming week, then from there it's build time. Hopefully we'll have a handfull shipped out in 7 days from now :wacky:

just tell me where to send the money ill be waiting!

D2 please!

This is exactly why we are usually very hesitant to give any dates because there always seems to be a delay that is caused from something out of our control. :(

I know these will go out to the team guys and what not first but what is a general ETA for the general public. i wont hold you to it just want a guesstimate. thanks.

I know these will go out to the team guys and what not first but what is a general ETA for the general public. i wont hold you to it just want a guesstimate. thanks.

We are looking to have the first two units in Marks truck with-in a week. So looking to be going good by 2nd week of March, but once again, there are always delays etc. so that is not a concrete date. I know these are a long time in coming, but they have been through a number of versions and changes, plus with the totally custom motor, it really set the time-line longer then we had planned. The Xcon is meant to be different and original (as much as we can make it). In the end, we know the extra time and work is worth it. :)

i got my money for these bad boys ready!

just tell me when to send to get one 15 :)

We are looking to have the first two units in Marks truck with-in a week. So looking to be going good by 2nd week of March, but once again, there are always delays etc. so that is not a concrete date. I know these are a long time in coming, but they have been through a number of versions and changes, plus with the totally custom motor, it really set the time-line longer then we had planned. The Xcon is meant to be different and original (as much as we can make it). In the end, we know the extra time and work is worth it. :)

Sounds good to me i totally respect the fact of all the hard work you guys put into your products. Just knowing your getting a top notch quality product is worth the wait to me any day. Ill be looking forward to the results you get in his truck and hopefully ill be soon to follow with one 15 then two.

any time you want too send away. mark (at) soundsolutionsaudio.com works for paypal.

any time you want too send away. mark (at) soundsolutionsaudio.com works for paypal.

what if i do money order cause payapl takes out money its gay!

Any more news on the Xcons? Can't wait to see how the production models turn out!

Any more news on the Xcons? Can't wait to see how the production models turn out!

hopefully this week we'll have some subs to sell. :)

Has there been a price mentioned yet?

MAP Pricing on them will be

12" $379

15" $389

18" $399

+ shipping.

How would a xon compare to the OMEGA in terms of SPL, and Power.. Trying to pick either get the OMEGA or the xcon... Any one have any thoughts going gor 2 12"s for spl bass race..

I have a xxx-6500D going to the 2 12"s on 14.4v around 4500w 5000w at 1 ohm in a chevy 2500HD

Edited by RetroAudioInc

12" $379

15" $389

18" $399

+ shipping.

That's less than what I figured :clap: but I forgot about shipping :shrug:

12" $379

15" $389

18" $399

+ shipping.

That's less than what I figured :clap: but I forgot about shipping :shrug:

We pushed it down as low as we could take it. I know that going over that $400 mark is a deal breaker for a number of people. So to get this high end of an 18" driver for essentially 400 is a big deal. ;)

How would a xon compare to the OMEGA in terms of SPL, and Power.. Trying to pick either get the OMEGA or the xcon... Any one have any thoughts going gor 2 12"s for spl bass race..

I have a xxx-6500D going to the 2 12"s on 14.4v around 4500w 5000w at 1 ohm in a chevy 2500HD

If you want a cheap built sub, go with the Omega.

Now if you want quality, with great customer service go Xcon. ;)

Can the xcon take 2500w for bass race? I know there going to be good..

I kinda feel like I'm bothering you guys now lol. But how will these play the lows compared to the Icons?

I heard their supposed to be lowend beasts like the icons ;)

Can the xcon take 2500w for bass race? I know there going to be good..

I think thats a little on the high side for bass race, but we could allways build you a set that has a stiffer suspension if that fits your needs. Even then thats a bit on the high side though.

Would a stock xcon be able to take a 2000D or would that be too much power to handle?