F-150 Murphy

FORD CHEVY OR GMC?

I drive a Ford, but I'm not a raving Ford fan...it gets the job done, that's all I ask :)

ford is the most stable company.

Their products... As Jim said, get the job done. I have had more issues with GM and Chev, and they have cost more to fix when that time comes. There are some nice vehicles from both GM/chev brand.

Never have had any issues with either, except for the Dex Cool they put in the later model Chevy's. Stay on track with regularly scheduled maintenance and they'll usually run forever from my experience...

lincoln

General Motors. IMO most there vehicles look nicer than fords, especially the trucks. I would buy a 2000+ mustang though.

Plus I've grown up with GMs all my life..

Edited by Gearstix

well... i dont tow many fords... take it for whats its worth...

but i do tow ALOT of gm's ALOT! too many...

and many man with less then 5000 miles on them

i have even towed a few with under 100 miles.

:D

I would say ford is a bit less popular the further south you go. Here in MN almost every truck is a ford. Lost of mustangs, not so many vettes if we're talking flagship fast cars. Just from what I have seen. Half the family up here all own expeditions mercury SUVs or the Sable, etc.

More souther half all own GMC/chev.

A bit interesting... but I would say in my experience completely generalized based on no facts(uless you count economic stability) and verry influenced by my ford....

ford>GM

i agree... in the north it seems you see alot of fords... and the south IS CHEVY for sure lol...

my boss is a chevy man... blah blah blah.... for the past 2 months he has been driving a ranger:P cause he has 4 chevy personal cars and thay all were broke down lol.. i told him BUY A LINCOLN.

my ford could own your gmc:]

Thats because I have a 4 cylinder and you have a V6 or V8... and I don't care if your truck is faster than mine... my stereos gunna be louder than your wimply little kicker shallow 10.

I'm not going to argue whats better, because any forum no matter what its about has this discussion and it seems to be an all out brawl.

I am a Chevy guy but I am driving a Dodge Ram. I decided to buy the Dodge because it has a solid axle with coil springs up front. I used to do a lot of rock crawling in Arizona so it handled the abuse very well. The 360ci engine has quite a bit of pep to it as well.

IMG_4342.jpg

all cars will get the job done for the most part as long as u keep up the maintenace imo..

Ford and chevy vans have gotten my family to Louisiana and back to Indiana many a time.

I have a lincoln dad has a lincoln, brother had a jeep cherokee, my has a mercury village i think, girlfriend has a grand am/gran prix.

all of these btches have broke down at some point in time, lol

my tranny went out 2x, jeep needs new rods and crank, moms powe steering pump went, and girls fuel pump..... So I'm thinkin american cars might just be the problem, lol..

Have never owned a foreign car, but then again i like to work on cars too

my ford could own your gmc:]

Thats because I have a 4 cylinder and you have a V6 or V8... and I don't care if your truck is faster than mine... my stereos gunna be louder than your wimply little kicker shallow 10.

I'm not going to argue whats better, because any forum no matter what its about has this discussion and it seems to be an all out brawl.

i was playin bro and im getin a new kicker sub

When you're driving at dusk or dawn, look at all of the cars with a headlight out. I do this a lot, and this is no joke: Usually 4 out of 5 of them will be a GM vehicle less than 5-6 years old. I know you think, so what, it's a headlight. Well, initial quality covers the whole vehicle. If the headlight is out, who knows what else is not up to par.

I drive an Explorer.

When you're driving at dusk or dawn, look at all of the cars with a headlight out. I do this a lot, and this is no joke: Usually 4 out of 5 of them will be a GM vehicle less than 5-6 years old. I know you think, so what, it's a headlight. Well, initial quality covers the whole vehicle. If the headlight is out, who knows what else is not up to par.

I drive an Explorer.

You can find a flaw in everything if you look hard enough.

I drive an Explorer.

that indeed is no joke at all..... its the driving light one is always out.

and i can give you a list of stuff that goes bad on chevys... ready!

fuel pump. thats on on pick up trucks tahoes subs 20k-80k

no crank no start.. ECM must be re booted.

popping in the steering.... I cam shaft to steering gear must be replaced. also thay will need shims under coil springs 5k-for ever. thaoes pick ups subs

a/c blower motor wire shorts out, melts also restiors in the switch make the fan blow very very weak even on the highest setting...... 10-k 60k .... all thought the blower motor when working right blows HARD! very nice

a/c low pressure cut out and vacume trap door will shut the a/c off when it wants to.... always before 30k

clutch, 10-15k noise from tranny un explained

anit thieft, 80 miles - all miles anit thief must be replaced

duramax..... can not be left running like a normal diesel

pistions shattering block cracking and i have seen that on trucks from 65k -165 k and i have yet to see a dura max motor last over 175k....

bad battery within a year...

thats just a touch of the info i deal with on a day to day..... i will never own a chevy... i didnt wanna rag on them but yall made me..

ps.. i was raised a chevy boy........ and became a lincoln man.. at the age of 18.

I rarely see GMs with burnout lights.

I see alot of newer dodges with burnt out lights.. due to the lights turning on and off with the signals.

I drive an Explorer.

that indeed is no joke at all..... its the driving light one is always out.

and i can give you a list of stuff that goes bad on chevys... ready!

fuel pump. thats on on pick up trucks tahoes subs 20k-80k

no crank no start.. ECM must be re booted.

popping in the steering.... I cam shaft to steering gear must be replaced. also thay will need shims under coil springs 5k-for ever. thaoes pick ups subs

a/c blower motor wire shorts out, melts also restiors in the switch make the fan blow very very weak even on the highest setting...... 10-k 60k .... all thought the blower motor when working right blows HARD! very nice

a/c low pressure cut out and vacume trap door will shut the a/c off when it wants to.... always before 30k

clutch, 10-15k noise from tranny un explained

anit thieft, 80 miles - all miles anit thief must be replaced

duramax..... can not be left running like a normal diesel

pistions shattering block cracking and i have seen that on trucks from 65k -165 k and i have yet to see a dura max motor last over 175k....

bad battery within a year...

thats just a touch of the info i deal with on a day to day..... i will never own a chevy... i didnt wanna rag on them but yall made me..

ps.. i was raised a chevy boy........ and became a lincoln man.. at the age of 18.

yeah and i can rattle off just as many ford issues...

power windows don't like to roll up

hatch supports are broken and metal surrounding them is trashed.

loose steering

1500 for 4 cats

headlight buckets leak, cause constant blowouts

and on any given day, i see more fords towed then chevy or even dodges.

blah, blah, blah........

there really isn't mcuh difference. and right now, chevy owns the intial quality for trucks. even though my truck had to have new rotors at 5200 miles. it's the first time i've had to replace something on any of my new chevys. don't get me started on what had to be replaced on my 01 ram. POS!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: