mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Bleh, bottomed out the rli today. Twice :(

Didn't pay attention and all of the sudden, coil hits the backplate.

Fuck.

Got the new burp box for the xxx in. Peaking 1-2hz higher and 0.2db lower, only have one battery compared to two and it isn't competely airtight.

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

watch your ass at Arizona watering holes...

I know not of this +/-

It is the default rep system with the new software. I have not really mentioned it to people, and if it is abused I will yank it. I will spend more time on it soon to set it up a little better on the back end. :)

A new study by RL Polk & Co. shows that the kind of car you drive is tied to the state you live in, and whether that state is traditionally Republican or Democrat-leaning. The study shows that 36 of the 50 United States tie closely to political lines. Red states (Republican) typically buy domestic, while blue states (Democrat) typically skew import.

In states where Democrats won three of the past four elections, imports consist of as much as 60% of the market, while Republican strongholds favor domestics by up to 74%. The paradigm changes slightly in traditionally Democrat states that also produce a lot of cars and trucks. States like Wisconsin and Michigan still prefer domestic products. The three states that have been split over the past four elections also prefer domestic vehicles.

Karl Malden, one of Hollywood's strongest and most versatile supporting actors, who won an Oscar playing his Broadway-originated role as Mitch in "A Streetcar Named Desire," died today. He was 97.

Malden starred in the 1970s TV series "The Streets of San Francisco" and was the longtime American Express traveler's-check spokesman, warning travelers to not leave home without it. He died of natural causes at his home in Brentwood, said his daughter Mila Doerner.

while I'm on the subject, who's making the best plasmas nowadays...

motherfucker, on tv's

Does anyone know where i can get a wiring harness (simple plug actually) for a sony wega? It's the plug that the lamp plugs into, i'm going to half ass it so i can have TV for now but i'd like to do it properly as well. I'll try to get a pic up later if anyone has access to sony parts.

ANy price: Pioneer Kuro

Budget: Panasonic

its good to see Panasonic is still making great plasmas...

I really want to turn off the little plus/minus in the corner of every post. It blocks text on my work machine. I hope at home on the wide screen it looks better.

It doesn't get in the way for me and I'm running a 19" widescreen. Haven't noticed it in the way on my laptop though either.

+/- where?

it's right above the reply button on every post. No problem on the lappy or m home PC it looks like. Just work.

yet another reason to quit my job

I am thinking maybe this x2 with my maelstroms in it.

With my QSC amp they should see about ~1000 watts each perhaps.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1093893

My only fear is then using a HPF at ~10hz, how much I would loose in the <10hz range. It's that or maybe sealed with some processing. I think I would much rather have more power to them at that point though so I could boost the bottom like a madman.

Amusingly I ran into that thread...yesterday. :P I have a wood project in my bathroom and want to have my sub for the living room planned so I can do them both at the same time. Way faster to do two very related projects than two separate ones : )

The original easy button was playing down to 5 hz :o

I am thinking this might be the way to go since my amp will only be pushing 1000 watts. I will need a HPF for under ~10hz, but how much do you think I will loose?

I'm having trouble deciding between running the pair of mael-x's in dual vented or dual sealed....

I don't see why that is even a question, modeling shows sealed to be the way to go. I have no practical experience with the driver nor have I done any research on it. Just grabbed the T/S and slapped them into WinISD. Output above 50Hz is within a dB at 1kW and by 20Hz the sealed box is 10dB closer to flat (only 2db off). Of course both compared without room gain.

I am lost with winISD. thank you for modeling that. I'm suprised the sealed does so well.

Thanks again.

I am thinking maybe this x2 with my maelstroms in it.

With my QSC amp they should see about ~1000 watts each perhaps.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1093893

My only fear is then using a HPF at ~10hz, how much I would loose in the <10hz range. It's that or maybe sealed with some processing. I think I would much rather have more power to them at that point though so I could boost the bottom like a madman.

Amusingly I ran into that thread...yesterday. :P I have a wood project in my bathroom and want to have my sub for the living room planned so I can do them both at the same time. Way faster to do two very related projects than two separate ones : )

What will your living room sub be for equipment?

I have a D4 Rlp 12" and D2 IXL 12". Not sure on space yet, but it looks like 7.5cubes (EXTERNAL) is about the max. I have no amp yet, but will be using a plate amp. Now you see why I modelled a sealed Mael-X as I was comparing it to what I have and with the lack of processing on my stereo sealed also has its advantages.

This is for my living room, not my home theater room. Down there I will have much more cone area :D

I wish I had a more ideal HT situation. I would love to run all hand built theater speakers with a sub on every chan.

I think the two 18's will probably shake my foundation actually.

ANy price: Pioneer Kuro

Budget: Panasonic

the kuro is something else.

sister went ahead and just bought some crap Magnavox from Target, impatient as hell that woman is...

for tv's I have 2 sharp aquos. I'm a really big fan especially at the price I paid. They do pretty damn good in my living room and bedroom.

52" on both.

snagged them and 1 matching aquos BRD player for under 3k including the mounts.

I nearly lost it on my boss today.

When I work, I feel my job is to make my boss look like the best of the best. I want them to be top dog because of me. Today, I'm the only person who shows up this morning, so I handle all the shit that needs to be done.

5 hours later, without giving any time to work on my customer call backs or paperwork she asks why I wasn't helping clear out emails. I had already done 60% of them while on the phones, and the other people who had their phones off did the rest, between several other people. She even sent me a thank you and pat on the back email earlier saying how I got shit done this morning, then later to be knocked down. Either I was doing good earlier or I wasn't. Don't give praise then slap me down. In fact if you can't figure out how to act in an apropriate manner I don't want your praise. I told her I thought she was pretty out of line coming at me as it was a repremand and this behavior comes from her way too often. I get a response "lets discuss". As I'm the only person under her making the numbers and doing extra projects for her, you would think she may have some sense to behave in a manner that her role demands. Pretty dangerous game considering if I went up to the director or VP and showed them her shoddy comunication, and lazy responces I would probably have a new boss.

SO worthless.

/rant

.... I think.

My office drives me to drink.

diet coke and sailor jerry to the rescue!

The Arizona Senate has given final approval to a bill that would allow people with concealed weapons permits to carry a gun into a business that serves alcohol.

The 19-8 vote completes legislative action on the bill and sends it to Republican Gov. Jan Brewer. She has not said whether she will sign it, but she has long been a supporter of gun rights.

The measure has pitted powerful groups representing gun and bar owners against each other, sparking a debate about whether guns and alcohol can coexist without bloodshed.

watch your ass at Arizona watering holes...

Yeah I read that too. That sounds brilliant.

Time to pack for the camping trip. Supposed to be great weather, highs 80-85 and lows 60-65.

Made out this huge list of stuff to take. I'm not totally confident it will all fit in the Explorer. In fact, I'm about 40% confident. I could just take my fishing pole, tackle box, and Rambo knife and say screw everything else. That stuff will fit for sure.

The gf got her 2001 Escape on Monday, I'll see it for the first time when I pick her up tomorrow. She says it has a leaky seal, probably crankshaft seal, otherwise runs good. something like 120k miles, $4k.

She had to have an early model not only because of the budget but because it has to have the shifter on the column. Why anybody would think a column shifter is better than floor or console-mounted is beyond me. But a lot of her logic is.......different.

Its definitely still 100+ out here. Was outside practicing tennis for the last 2 hours.

My buddy is trying to get back into his prime so he can play club level at UT next year and he also is going to be a tennis coach so coaches me as well. Win Win

Its definitely still 100+ out here. Was outside practicing tennis for the last 2 hours.

My buddy is trying to get back into his prime so he can play club level at UT next year and he also is going to be a tennis coach so coaches me as well. Win Win

kool u put that battery on the trickle charge?