mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Fixing the pc of one of the neighbours. Again.

I only need to make some free room on the windows partition but there's no floppy drive to use a boot disk. Hopefully I won't need to format and reinstall windows.

Seems like finding Entry Level Management/Management Trainee positions requiring 0-1 year experience are like finding a damned unicorn these days...grumble...*goes back to searching*

Isn't entry level management an oxymoron? If you have no experience I am not sure how you can manage.

I am a little pissed. The Dayton 1kW plate amps were $350 the last time I looked and now they are $450. At $350 it was nearly a no brainer, now I am not so sure. :(

are you against pro amps?

Not for my other subs, but this one I'd prefer a plate as it is for the living room not the theater room.

Makes sense

And I should add that I am an idiot and didn't run speaker wire to where the stereo is so the amp has to be next to the sub. The dumb part is that I thought I had. I ran a 16/4 and a 14/4, but in reality I ran two 16/2's :Doh: (the rear surrounds are right there as well)

Car show tomorrow night though. That means the roommates familys sixty six corvette is going to come out. It is mostly original too

Summer nats next week in MN. Josh's car has a reserved spot. Supposedly the paint is "done"

:stfu:

If I go there will be pics. I have been avoiding seeing cars I want lately as I can't afford the time to do what I need :(

Otherwise last week I may have gone and seen (and probably bought) this:

http://www.pim.net/TinMan.html

I did not know you were a pantera guy.

Can you fit in one, I don't think I have ever seen on in person.

I've been a Pantera guy since the mid 80's.

I don't fit in stock ones, but have sat in a few that I fit in no problems.

So my brother scared a big ass raccoon out of my garage last night. The coon was pissed and growled at him. I then proceeded to close the garage door.

And at 6am awoke to noises in the garage :Doh:

3 baby coons tore shit up including walking all over the M and the Audi. I really hope I don't have to make two insurance claims in a matter of weeks. I need to clean her up and see, but since I threw my back out earlier this week I am not going to.

Seems like finding Entry Level Management/Management Trainee positions requiring 0-1 year experience are like finding a damned unicorn these days...grumble...*goes back to searching*

Isn't entry level management an oxymoron? If you have no experience I am not sure how you can manage.

"Entry Level Management" is a blanket term for jobs that are (usually) at the lower-level management level

"Entry Level Management" is a blanket term for jobs that are (usually) at the lower-level management level

What sort of jobs fit that blanket term? This is a little far back for it to be my realm and my progression has been far from the standard linear one.

What sort of jobs fit that blanket term? This is a little far back for it to be my realm and my progression has been far from the standard linear one.

Depends on the company, however, supervisors and/or team leaders generally always fall under this category.

The typical corporate hierarchy, in descending order:

Three Levels of Management:

Top-level management: Corporate Wide Long-Term Decision Making; Corporate Strategic Decision Making

Middle management: Ensuring that the decisions made by top-level management, as well as their own department specific short term and long term decisions are carried out by lower management and the laborers

Lower management: Carrying out middle management and top-level management's decisions on a day to day basis; interacting with Foremen/Labor Supervisors on a day to day basis

Two Levels of Laborers:

Foremen/Labor Supervisor

Laborers/Hourly Workers

that is a very broad, very general template, some companies may have more layers, some may have fewer...

In military terms, the management in a company are the commissioned officers, the laborers are the enlisted recruits.

In military terms, the management in a company are the commissioned officers, the laborers are the enlisted recruits.

Its extremely similar, now that I think about it...

I realize what the term means, but was wondering what sort of companies have you manage what sort of people for that position ;) ie, what are you searching for other than the title.

ie, what are you searching for other than the title.

Not much...a paycheck that isn't 100% commission (tons of Sales Rep jobs out right now) would be a great starting point...now that I'm through with classes I can get around to spending all day looking for jobs, so that's a start in the right direction at least...heh...

I'm really not that much different than a whore at this point :P

And entry level is a Lieutenant.............Earns about the same as a laborer or in this case foreman who's been there 15 years, except the laborer knows more drunk and half asleep than the entry level does after spending 3 weeks studying...............its a fucking crock of shit

Fuck this stupid ass bitch. I'm so sick of everything being one-sided. WTF is a relationship in which only one person does anything.

And entry level is a Lieutenant.............Earns about the same as a laborer or in this case foreman who's been there 15 years, except the laborer knows more drunk and half asleep than the entry level does after spending 3 weeks studying....

Exactly :P

as long as we're talking Second Lieutenant, not First Lieutenant

EDIT: Or Ensign if its the Navy or Coast Guard

Or if I had a degree in a more technical field, Warrant Officer...

Okay I'm going to start looking into getting the parents fixed up on the home theater audio and get rid of the Blose. The parents finally got a new flat screen, a new TV stand and we are getting direct TV sometime this week. I realized that our home audio has a total of 12 2.5" speakers a blose passive radiator whatever and a RCA prebuilt subwoofer. It's time to dump this shit.

It looks to me that I can do 6-8ohm and have 5x100W@6ohms. I want to build them some nice towers first to get the ball rolling, then hopefully a center based off the towers, a sub, and if I'm really lucky some little surrounds to top it all off. Any particular projects that you guys have in mind? By the way i have a very tall cathedral ceiling in the house so the speakers have a lot of airspace to fill.

Back to page 1 we go!

Played Halo and Rainbow 6 last night with a friend. It's surprising how therapeutic shooting bad guys is after a breakup.

I agree. And sorry to hear about the break up.

I'm on the opposite side of your issue. Too much experience and no school.

I have a 5-7 years of experience, certifications, 3 degrees and 1/2 to a 4th, and a clearance and it is still not enough, or too much.

there is nothing that I hate more than hearing "too experienced" it infuriates me.