mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

WASHINGTON — Democrats launched a drive at both ends of the Capitol on Wednesday to strip the insurance industry of its decades-old exemption from federal antitrust laws, part of an increasingly bare-knuckled struggle over landmark health care legislation sought by President Barack Obama.

:peepwall:

Was able to get a good polish and wax in before sunset on the sled.

What no pictures?

Ran out of light. :(

"Come on whos coming with me, whos coming with me man!"

to see SAW 6 Friday

Not me, I don't like scary movies.

not me

i think its stupid that they are continuing that movie

<--has no idea what it is, nor does he care

Won't be a long drive from Columbia. Some college poon there, not the best but better than uber small town USA.

WASHINGTON — Democrats launched a drive at both ends of the Capitol on Wednesday to strip the insurance industry of its decades-old exemption from federal antitrust laws, part of an increasingly bare-knuckled struggle over landmark health care legislation sought by President Barack Obama.

:peepwall:

I think it is grandstanding.

"Come on whos coming with me, whos coming with me man!"

to see SAW 6 Friday

Not me, I don't like scary movies.

not me

i think its stupid that they are continuing that movie

<--has no idea what it is, nor does he care

Flashbacks from Saw IV reveal the earliest roots of the series, presenting John Kramer as a successful civil engineer and devoted husband to his wife Jill Tuck, who opened a rehab clinic for drug addicts. Jill lost her baby due to the unwitting actions of a drug addict named Cecil, who fled the scene. John grieved over the loss of his child and distanced himself from his friends and his wife.

John and Jill eventually drifted apart and divorced. After this turn of events, John found himself trapped by his own complacency, until he was diagnosed with inoperable cancer. Extremely bitter over his squandered life, John began observing the lives of others and became even more depressed as he saw those around him squandering the gift of life that he had just been denied. After surviving a suicide attempt where he drove his car off a cliff, John was "reborn", and nurtured the idea that the only way for someone to change is for them to change themselves. He designed a test for Cecil and decided to use the rest of his existence to design more of these "tests" as a form of "rehabilitation" that would change the world "one person at a time". John was soon given the name "Jigsaw Killer" (or "Jigsaw"), so named because he removed a puzzle-piece-shaped chunk of flesh from those who do not escape his traps. John himself states that this name was given to him by the media, and that the cut piece of flesh was meant to represent that these victims were each missing something, what he called the "survival instinct".

Few of Jigsaw's victims are able to survive his brutal tests, which are often ironically symbolic representations of the problems in the victim's life and require them to undergo severe physical or psychological torture to escape.

In Saw V, Lieutenant Mark Hoffman's ties with John are revealed in a series of flashbacks during the film. Hoffman's sister is murdered by her boyfriend, Seth Baxter. Seth is arrested; however, a technicality allowed him to be released, and Hoffman, feeling Seth had not served the full capacity of his sentence, kills him in an inescapable trap designed to look like one of Jigsaw's, laying the blame on him. Jigsaw then kidnaps Hoffman and blackmails him into becoming his apprentice in his "rehabilitation" methods, though eventually Hoffman would become a willing apprentice.

The first surviving victim, Amanda Young, views Jigsaw as a hero who ultimately changed her life for the better. Amanda, upon Jigsaw's request, agrees to become his protégé.

In Saw, Jigsaw has chained the man who diagnosed his cancer, Dr. Lawrence Gordon, in a dilapidated industrial washroom with Adam Faulkner, a photographer who has been tailing the doctor to prove he had been cheating on his wife. Lawrence has instructions to kill Adam in six hours, or else his wife and daughter will be killed. Meanwhile, detectives David Tapp and Steven Sing, who suspect Lawrence of being Jigsaw, follow a trail of clues from other Jigsaw traps. Eventually, Lawrence saws his own foot off in order to escape, leaving Adam to die alone. Flashbacks from later films show that Amanda later returned and suffocated Adam as a "mercy killing"; it would be the first time she deliberately intervened during a test and killed someone.

Saw II begins with the police tracking a severely weakened Jigsaw to his latest lair. However, another test is in place, as he and Amanda have kidnapped the son of Detective Eric Matthews and trapped him and a group of seven convicts, previously framed by Matthews, in a house that is slowly being filled with sarin gas, with Amanda Young among them. He will trade Daniel Matthews' life for Detective Matthews' time, conversing with him until the game is concluded. Matthews loses his patience and assaults Jigsaw, forcing Jigsaw to take him to the house, only to discover that the video feed from inside the house had been pre-recorded, the events actually taking place much earlier; Matthews' son was locked in a safe in Jigsaw's warehouse, being kept alive with an oxygen tank. Matthews is knocked unconscious by a masked figure and wakes up imprisoned in the bathroom from Saw, which is part of the foundation of the house. Amanda reveals herself to Eric as Jigsaw's protégé before leaving him to die. In the next two movies, Matthews manages to escape the bathroom by breaking his foot. He confronts and beats Amanda, demanding to know where his son is. Amanda fights him off and leaves him for dead. An unknown figure later drags Eric to a prison cell, keeping him for a future game.

The events of Saw III and IV occur concurrently. Saw III begins with Jigsaw, weakened and near death, confined to a makeshift hospital bed. Amanda has taken over his work, designing traps of her own; however, these traps are inescapable, as Amanda is convinced that Jigsaw's traps have no effect and that people don't change. A kidnapped doctor is forced to keep Jigsaw alive while another test is performed on Jeff, a man obsessed with vengeance against the drunk driver who killed his son. Jigsaw, unwilling to allow "a murderer" to continue his legacy, designs a test for Amanda as well; she ultimately fails, and it results in the deaths of both Jigsaw and Amanda. Saw IV, meanwhile, revolves around tests meant for Officer Rigg, which are overseen by Hoffman. Rigg fails his test, resulting in the death of Eric Matthews. Rigg is left to bleed to death by Hoffman, who later discovers the bodies of Jigsaw and Amanda. When an autopsy is performed on Jigsaw, a cassette tape coated in wax is found in his stomach; the tape informs Hoffman that he is wrong to think that it is all over just because Jigsaw is dead, and he should not expect to go untested.

The events of V show one of Hoffman's first solo tests, five people connected together by different roles in a disastrous fire that killed several others are put into four interconnected tests of teamwork, killing off one person in each trap. The two remaining test subjects realize at the final trap that each previous trap was meant to be completed by each of the five people doing a small part, rather than killing one person per trap. With this, the two work together and barely manage to escape from the series of traps, though it is currently unclear as to whether or not they survived afterwards. Meanwhile, Hoffman has set up Peter Strahm to appear to be Jigsaw's accomplice, while Strahm pursues Hoffman and is eventually killed due to the inability to follow Hoffman's rules, leaving Hoffman free to continue Jigsaw's "work".

As I said, don't care. Didn't read the note Peng.

Nope, I was just curious wtf was in smallville MO so I googled it and found the town website company directory, short list. :D

ya, no kidding, I think if this happens, I'd just live in Columbia and commute the 20 miles

I just can't see you living in a small Missouri town Tom... Living in Columbia would be quite a bit more exciting, halfway between K.C. and St. Louis too.

Columbia would probably be culture shock enough, Centralia would be twilight-zone-esque

rocked my interview today, they want me to come to SC next week :D

downsides: they don't sell very exciting products and I'd have to spend 6 months in Centralia, MO, population 3770

Hubble Power Systems?

yeah lol, you've heard of them?

No shit?! They make a ton of electrical stuff. I use Hubbell shit every day.

cool, seem like good products/service?

GREAT products! Very well engineered and built. Can't say much for service as we get everything through a distributor, so. . .

I use their light sensors exclusively in all my stores. All my switches and recepts get replaced with Hubbell if needed. I literally have used thousands of their products since high school.

that's really good to hear :)

Won't be a long drive from Columbia. Some college poon there, not the best but better than uber small town USA.

fo sho, my best friend from HS went to Mizzou so he could inform me of the local poon hot spots

rocked my interview today, they want me to come to SC next week :D

downsides: they don't sell very exciting products and I'd have to spend 6 months in Centralia, MO, population 3770

Ick, Missouri.

Was able to get a good polish and wax in before sunset on the sled.

What no pictures?

Ran out of light. :(

Do you get enough snow to ride localy or do you travel to ride?

Nope, I was just curious wtf was in smallville MO so I googled it and found the town website company directory, short list. :D

ya, no kidding, I think if this happens, I'd just live in Columbia and commute the 20 miles

I just can't see you living in a small Missouri town Tom... Living in Columbia would be quite a bit more exciting, halfway between K.C. and St. Louis too.

Columbia would probably be culture shock enough, Centralia would be twilight-zone-esque

Columbia is a std college town.

On a plane, in my flippy floppies on

The wife will not let me wear mine anymore, she says it is too cold. :(

Goin home, maybe even for 3 weeks striaght too!!

probably colder where I live

probably colder where I live

I am sure it is. I am getting over the rotton flu.

Fucking MSP finish redoing the damn runway!!!!

Plane is late again and I am already on it