mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

A guy in a spanking new white E63, pulled along side of me on the way home on I95 last night. Gave me the thumbs up, and romped on it. I did not flinch as I know 469hp always beats 240ish. ;)

Still on my list to drive one of those. Just hasn't been one for sale where I was when I had time to do it. Reminds me I need to clean up the pickup so I can list that shit for sale. Goodbye GM :)

Although if there were a Yukon SS I might be interested, I'd definitely prefer an SVT Expedition though but not enough to build my own. The chile turbo is just too damn expensive and the non-turbo can bite me.

Cobra expedition????? mMMmmmmm sounds smexy

A guy in a spanking new white E63, pulled along side of me on the way home on I95 last night. Gave me the thumbs up, and romped on it. I did not flinch as I know 469hp always beats 240ish. ;)

Still on my list to drive one of those. Just hasn't been one for sale where I was when I had time to do it. Reminds me I need to clean up the pickup so I can list that shit for sale. Goodbye GM :)

Although if there were a Yukon SS I might be interested, I'd definitely prefer an SVT Expedition though but not enough to build my own. The chile turbo is just too damn expensive and the non-turbo can bite me.

If I had a T-5, I would have had a chance, but I do not want to put that kind of psi on my engine, nor do I have the money for forced induction.

bought some banana and jalapeno pepper seedlings; we'll see how it goes...

homemade CFS and mashed taters...nomnomnom

Boss 429 for me too please.

WITH TURBOZ!

500+ HP in a 3,000 lb. car ain't enough?

a Boss 429 Mustang is probably in the 3800 lb range

That's pretty heavy. My 68 Galaxy was a hair over 3800lbs with some gas, a big block, and stereo in it.

the big ass Boss heads have to add some heft and Mustangs were starting to get a little portly around '70 (when the 429 was introduced, right?)

The Boss 429 was produced in 69 and 70. Actually, the heads were probably the lightest part of the engine as they were aluminum. I have yet to see any hemi head in cast-iron. You're about spot on on the weight though. Everything on the Boss was heavy duty, and literally heavier to handle the extra weight, although I think the GT500s of the era could rival them in weight in convertible form. They only built them so they could use the engine for Nascar racing. It just so happened they worked well for drag racing also.

The Boss 302 was also made in the same years although it was made for Trans Am homologation purposes. It had the canted valve heads (cleveland) and a unique block and suspension.

The Boss 351 ended the name in 1971 and it used the 351 Cleveland which also used the canted valve heads.

Not many people know, but Ford also produced the 427 in Hemi form as well. It's most commonly referred to as the "Cammer." It was their first engine to use an OHC orientation.

If that Eclipse deck is still up for grabs I'd be interested in that one Sean.

R3 bought that one. :P Sorry.

Yeah, and you can pick up those cammers for cheap right now :P

Just gotta love when a company leaves this forum only to start a new "Official" forum on another site! suicide-santa.gif

Just gotta love when a company leaves this forum only to start a new "Official" forum on another site! suicide-santa.gif

Who would that be?

Going to start hanging drywall today :woot:

Found a sweet Lemond with an Ultegra component group and a Reynolds 853 steel frame in my size. I just hope the dude selling it gets back to me as I think it would be a great bike for me to ride for a year to see if I get serious enough about it to think custom. Or if not, just something to ride.

Tore up 10mi on 3 different frames yesterday. And yeah, I know 10 is nothing but considering its been years since I plopped on a bike it winded me up pretty good. That and peddling without clipless BLOWS.

Sweet, dude took my offer. Luckily I have cash from the motorcycle sale :Doh:

I played with an I-Pad in best buy the other day. They are cool but I definitely don't want to buy one, to heavy and hard to manipulate for long periods one handed.

zf-carbon-fiber-macpherson-strut.jpg

ZF's new carbon fiber MacPherson strut assembly w/ fiberglass spring

Have to drive 100mi to pick it up though. :captain:

damn bird keeps scratching against the window trying to get in for 2 days now

Boss 429 for me too please.

WITH TURBOZ!

500+ HP in a 3,000 lb. car ain't enough?

a Boss 429 Mustang is probably in the 3800 lb range

That's pretty heavy. My 68 Galaxy was a hair over 3800lbs with some gas, a big block, and stereo in it.

the big ass Boss heads have to add some heft and Mustangs were starting to get a little portly around '70 (when the 429 was introduced, right?)

The Boss 429 was produced in 69 and 70. Actually, the heads were probably the lightest part of the engine as they were aluminum. I have yet to see any hemi head in cast-iron. You're about spot on on the weight though. Everything on the Boss was heavy duty, and literally heavier to handle the extra weight, although I think the GT500s of the era could rival them in weight in convertible form. They only built them so they could use the engine for Nascar racing. It just so happened they worked well for drag racing also.

The Boss 302 was also made in the same years although it was made for Trans Am homologation purposes. It had the canted valve heads (cleveland) and a unique block and suspension.

The Boss 351 ended the name in 1971 and it used the 351 Cleveland which also used the canted valve heads.

Not many people know, but Ford also produced the 427 in Hemi form as well. It's most commonly referred to as the "Cammer." It was their first engine to use an OHC orientation.

I've always been attracted to a '70 Boss Mach 1, yellow with a black racing stripe :wub:

I had a step father growing up with a white '65 with a blue racing stripe, no clue what was in her though.

Who would that be?

DC I'm guessing?

It's coming for you, didn't you see "Birds"?

it probably is, actually its been bugging me since i think monday...looks like a baby finch

it probably is, actually its been bugging me since i think monday...looks like a baby finch

i can hear him scratching the windown right now......creepy :peepwall:

so glad it's finally starting to warm up around here!

A Michigan man will soon be tried for bio-terrorism because he is HIV-positive, and he bit his neighbor.