mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Man I haven't had much time to get on here the last couple weeks. Only spottingly at lunch at work, but I don't want to come into the IHOP there.

Might get sucked in?

Man I haven't had much time to get on here the last couple weeks. Only spottingly at lunch at work, but I don't want to come into the IHOP there.

Everyone at my work LOVES reading the IHOP with me.tongue.gif

Muscle car fans and collectors take note - make sure to put June 19th down on your schedule. That's the day that RM Auctions has set to schedule off a private muscle car collection in San Diego, and more than 80 fine examples of American iron will be looking for new homes.

The auction will be highlighted by some of the performance icons of the muscle car era including an ultra rare 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 Convertible, a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang and a pair of 1969 Camaro Z28s. The best part? All of the cars will be offered at no reserve.

RM AUCTIONS

Sitting in the garage doing some remodel planning, enjoying a beer, and surfing the net.

I notice this big white, faded, pitted, but now clean snowmobile trailer. Two challenges, neither of which I have ever dealt with before.

1) Faded fiberglass -- I normally keep my shit protected, this obviously was not. So far in a quick search I found something called vert glass, but there has to be something more logical.

2) Pitted dirty aluminum -- again, not sure how it could get like this and sitting covered in snow & salt it doesn't bother me, but since I washed and scrubbed it yesterday it does now. Obviously preventative is the key, but I just bought it this year so I get to restore first.

Help.

Gel coat should buff just like paint.

You're screwed on the aluminum. Best you can do is clean with a mild acid to remove the oxidation, then polish and wax. No way to remove the pitting without filling. If it's really bad, you could use some bondo then paint it.

Pitting isn't the biggest problem with the aluminum, it is covered with deposits. Regrettably it is an extrusion though so it isn't smooth. Polish and waxing won't be fun.

Don't know what the deposits are, so I can't help you on removing them. Perhaps a power washer? The rest will apply though. Personally, I'd clean it, then paint it. Hell of a lot less elbow grease.

Get some hammered metal Rustoleum. It dries to a very hard enamel and hides quite a bit of imperfections. I love the stuff.

I did powerwash it first :P

Not sure what it is either. I should probably dig around on some snowmobile forums as I am sure it is a combination of salt, mud, and water. Painting would be a bitch unless I really took it apart. I will some day when I need to replace the decking, but probably not this summer.

Thanks for the advice.

Muscle car fans and collectors take note - make sure to put June 19th down on your schedule. That's the day that RM Auctions has set to schedule off a private muscle car collection in San Diego, and more than 80 fine examples of American iron will be looking for new homes.

The auction will be highlighted by some of the performance icons of the muscle car era including an ultra rare 1969 Chevrolet Corvette L88, a 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle LS6 Convertible, a 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge, a 1970 Boss 429 Mustang and a pair of 1969 Camaro Z28s. The best part? All of the cars will be offered at no reserve.

RM AUCTIONS

They have an Olympic Gold Corvette! Its not a Chevelle, but I :wub: the Olympic Gold color and its pretty uncommon.

RM AUCTIONS

I wish.huh.gif I would take the 429 BOSS Mustang in a heartbeat, not to mention just drooling on the rest.wub.gif

oh and picked up some Flor de Cana 7; we'll see if its as good as Sean says it is ;)

It's the bee's knees. It's one of the best mixers for fruity drinks.

SO much better than Capt. :)

Better with coke, better on the rocks, and way better with fruit.

Finally moving furniture back in

TV is too small for the layout we have though

not sure if that's a good thing or not

:brick:

Fixing the electrical system after the fire is going to be fun :(

IMG_7306.jpg

Couldn't get the whole harness out today. Stil debating on fix vs change it completely.

I say replace everything :lol:

Fixing the electrical system after the fire is going to be fun sad.gif

IMG_7306.jpg

Couldn't get the whole harness out today. Stil debating on fix vs change it completely.

If you can afford to replace, then thats always quicker. I Personally like working on electrical, SO depending on the logistics of fixing I might just get to repairing.

time VS. money I guess.

Boss 429 for me too please.

WITH TURBOZ!

500+ HP in a 3,000 lb. car ain't enough?

700 HP or it ain't shit, amirite

Nice ninja edit Peng :P

Fixing the electrical system after the fire is going to be fun sad.gif

IMG_7306.jpg

If you can afford to replace, then thats always quicker. I Personally like working on electrical, SO depending on the logistics of fixing I might just get to repairing.

time VS. money I guess.

Maybe after it's all out it'll look easier to fix.

Seems like the us harness is different. If that's true, fixing is my only option.

700 HP or it ain't shit, amirite

:D

I just like turboZ Even if it only gave me an extra 50 horse powa it must be done. It's my little way of energy conservation

Nice ninja edit Peng :P

thank you :P that comment was actually meant for another response on another forum...although it did fit nicely in there, I must say :lol:

personally I love fast sedans. Much more practical than a sports car and just as fast...

one car I've been thinking on and off (mostly off after finding the E55) about building is a 64-65 Falcon sedan or station wagon; just a few little tweaks/modifications and you've basically got a Corolla sized car with upwards of 400 hp ^_^

actually that sounds like fun project...get a Falcon Wagon, give it a nice set of discs (preferably 12" max), a pro touring suspension, hog out the 289 to 306 or 317 or 331, drive the snot outta it..

A guy in a spanking new white E63, pulled along side of me on the way home on I95 last night. Gave me the thumbs up, and romped on it. I did not flinch as I know 469hp always beats 240ish. ;)

:roflmao: