mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The reason it has so many pieces is they wanted to burn it on their laser out of stainless. Hence the stacking of parts.

The load cell I spec'd out is kinda cool too. It is a LoadStar Sensors one, with a USB plug and play interface, hadn't seen that.

'Hop Top!

Most posting I've done in here in a while.

I am going to get new tires today for the Yamaha Grizzly. I am going to buy the ITP XTR mudlite radials. They outta be sickly.

ITP_Mud_Lite_XTR_ATV_Tires_detail.jpg?1235103080

NEM you still around?

Still here. Just been busy as hell with traveling and getting this remodel completed.

And making me feel lazy in the process

I get the feeling you are very busy most of the time and not lazy at all :)

Doing force vs distance would even get you better information. :)

NEM you still around?

Still here. Just been busy as hell with traveling and getting this remodel completed.

Okay, but I have serious projects I want to get done and I hate doing any of them in summer.

I hate projects in the summer because it's too hot or I want to be outside.

I hate projects in the winter because it's too cold and I can't open the windows.

NEM you still around?

Okay, but I have serious projects I want to get done and I hate doing any of them in summer.

That is how I feel also. I will spend the rest of the summer building a shed for the father in law and working on the Haunt. My new mask should be here at some point also. Vacation is a couple of months away so I am alright. If you are wondering, I will be wearing this mask from PA to SC advertising for the Haunt.

Doing force vs distance would even get you better information. :)

That it would, going to have to look into that.

Oversampling in the time domain, but only storing based on the distance domain while keeping peaks within those regions will really give some information on what is happening. The classic mistake most engineers make when looking at forces is not grabbing the real transients which can be huge compared to the less dynamic numbers.

You could use an lvdt or if you needed to be cheap even a string pot. Unimeasure makes some that are really affordable and the owner Tom Peterson is a great guy. All of the acquisition systems I cited before would do this easily as well.

Matt, so how much of the corn sugar and nectar should I consume post ride?

Maltodextrin? 60 grams

and 30 grams of protein from nectar. (should be a scoop and a half)

lol, have to go look. I just ordered whatever you linked :P

Awesome I think I linked dextrose. Either way start with 60 grams sugar and 30 grams of protein.

2:1 carb to protein. See how it feels. You're a pretty in touch with your body kinda guy. From there you can fine tune the ratio or amounts. You're so tall I wouldn't be shocked if you could slam more with no problems.

If you have questions ask away, I'll do all I can to help you troubleshoot or fine tune. You will see some big results just from adding this though. And of course you know to stay hydrated.

One word of advice is that these fast digesting sugars and proteins will make your body kick into over drive, so you may be ravenous 30 min after you're done pedaling and have slammed the drink. Avoid Fatty food for an hour as it will slow down your bodies over drive.

Ha. Just tried it, figured it be sweet as hell but wasn't.

Clarification. Nectar - one scoop 26gram protein. I assume that I just make it around 30g's by adding a quarter scoop or so.

Dextrose. 1.25tsp for 4g. 60g = 6.25tbsp which amusingly is almost what it was in weight.

ie, I weighed the contents. A heaping scoop of the Nectar was around 30g and 6 heaping tbsp of Dextrose around 60g. Didn't know if you meant by weight or by calculation of contents. Considering they were close I just rolled with it.

**assumed you meant by contents btw**

Oversampling in the time domain, but only storing based on the distance domain while keeping peaks within those regions will really give some information on what is happening. The classic mistake most engineers make when looking at forces is not grabbing the real transients which can be huge compared to the less dynamic numbers.

I realize it is massive oversampling, but with only a force measurement I'm not sure how else to do it. I'm going to talk to him today about running load/stroke on it just so we can have values and something to relate them too. Thinking about it now I realize that we are going to need displacement on this, no other way to do it correctly.

I am going to get new tires today for the Yamaha Grizzly. I am going to buy the ITP XTR mudlite radials. They outta be sickly.

ITP_Mud_Lite_XTR_ATV_Tires_detail.jpg?1235103080

What size? I have those exact tires on my brute force 27x(9,11)x14. They are a very good mud/trail tire. I'm really hoping to go to a 26" Maxxis Bighorn though, because the brute is so tall, and then I can put a lowering kit on it

Ha. Just tried it, figured it be sweet as hell but wasn't.

Clarification. Nectar - one scoop 26gram protein. I assume that I just make it around 30g's by adding a quarter scoop or so.

Dextrose. 1.25tsp for 4g. 60g = 6.25tbsp which amusingly is almost what it was in weight.

ie, I weighed the contents. A heaping scoop of the Nectar was around 30g and 6 heaping tbsp of Dextrose around 60g. Didn't know if you meant by weight or by calculation of contents. Considering they were close I just rolled with it.

**assumed you meant by contents btw**

You did gud! Only looking for nutrient content (in grams) not actual product weight. Sounds like you were definately close enough for hand grenades and protein shakes.

:fing34:

Dextrose isn't much for sweentess. Doesn't add too much at all in flavor, fruictose is WAY higher. Dextrose should be nearly exact in nutrient as it is in mass. The only aditives to it are probably to stop clumping.

What nectar flavor did you get?

NutriTOP

BTW did you try it after pedaling or just a little sampler to see if you can stomach it?

1270136267641.jpg

1271889998318.jpg

Hey, you said you were not hungry... why are you drolling :puzzled:

the pizza looks good but the steak is a lil too pink for me. Ill have it medium

LOL!

looks too done for me.

That is medium

That is medium

well damn i guess ill have it medium well then, i gotta have just a little pink in the middle but still juicy. Cant have my steak all gooey.

Edited by wutang512