mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Wait a minute, I thought the sun rise's in the east SO that means its later there not earlier.

REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH

As far as investing, as someone who made a fortune in the 90s in the stock market and lost a fat wad in the early 2000s I can tell you one thing... don't ever take anyone else's advice. Everyone is so quick to tell you to do this and do that, but if it really were making them money, I am not sure they would be telling you much about it. Do the smart thing and get dialed in with a financial adviser. They can sit down with you and develop a plan that will work best for you with your specific goals in mind. But you really need to get on the stick with it. Retirement isn't far away for any of us... time flies.

As for me, when I am ready it will be golden. Sell my rental houses and my house, take all my money and buy a villa in Italy... 10 years to go and i am on the right track.

I agree with most of this, but I have to ask, if you get a financial planner, aren't you taking somebody else's advice? Just playing devil's advocate here. I'm not saying don't get one, I sure as hell believe a majority of the people in this nation need one (or really, needed one several years ago). But with that said, I think you'd agree that there are several guidelines to investing in a general sense. But if somebody has a stock tip I'd be leery. A few months ago my brother told me that his wife had heard from her dad who was told by his broker that a stock was the next big thing and was ready to explode. And this guy had "never lost money on a stock he bought." First off I find that impossible to believe. Second of all, he probably bought the stock a month or two ago, so it was old news by then and the excitement was already priced in. Sure enough, I looked and the stock had quadrupled in the last 6 months and I was like no thanks. It hasn't turned out to be a typical pump and dump, though, as the price is just above where he bought it 6 months ago I think. But nothing to write home about and some really bad news just came out last week that makes me even more leery and glad I didn't get in. So I think the bottom line is just to not sip everybody else's koolaid. Make sure and do your own analysis, and remember that you'll get some wrong. Harvard grad economists can't agree on where the economy will go from here, and they can't both be right. Just be patient.

Yeah, it is taking someone else's advice, but really these people know how to invest wisely. They aren't going to tell you to buy this stock, they are going to lead you in a direction of intelligent investing... Actually, I think dem said it very well:

And double yes to having a financial advisor. They will keep your head out of the clouds and out of your own a$$.

Help you invest passionately, but without emotional baggage and make sure you have stability in the end. There is NO get rich quick scheme. It doesn't exist. Hard hard hard work and not spending cash all over the place is a huge key and will rocket you towards being wealthy though.

Most people entering investments tend to expect they will hit it big all at once. Oftentimes when we start to see our first few investments become big gainers we tend to think our investing is invincible, and sooner or later something is going to bring us back to earth really fast.

Yeah, the guy who "never loses money on a stock he bought" isn't the guy who is still working and spreading the wealth. He is sitting on Grand Cayman getting a hummer from the local honey with a Mai Tai in his hand. And like you said, usually by the time a real tip trickles down that ship has long since sailed. In the stock market minutes can make a difference. I have an example...

Back in 99, maybe 2000, I got a tip on a company called Digital Lightwave (DIGL). I went ahead and bought it one morning for something like $12 a share. It shot up the same day to about $90 a share. In the time it took me to call my broker and get it traded it dropped back to about $84, and it cost me thousands of dollars. Of course, i still made thousands, but i could have made a lot more.

But trades like that don't happen often. People tend to either think you are full of shit that never happens, or the expect it to happen every time. This is where financial advisers can help out the young investor. They will help reel you in and keep you on a steady course of investing that meets your goals, rather then an emotional rollercoaster of wild, uncontrolled investments.

Hearing everyone's advice about finances makes me wish I could be more stable for awhile. This moving every few years shit is for the birds. I really dont want a rental house in AZ while I reside back in NY. Or vice versa. Paying someone else to 'landlord' for me just doesnt make alot of sense. Especially if I buy a 200k house and have to get a 30yr morgage.

As a landlord myself I can tell you it is not smart to buy a $200,000 house to rent out. People renting out big houses are not usually there for long. I have a big house like that I rent out and 3 smaller houses in not so nice neighborhoods. The big house was my last house, and rather then selling it we decided to rent it out. We found that it sits vacant and rolls over more then the others. People renting these houses are usually those who have had an issue in their main home, such as a fire or whatnot, that requires them to be out of their house for a few months, or people building houses in that area and wanting their kids to warm to the schools before hand, etc. They are just very temporary renters. The smaller houses rent quickly, as they are cheap, and they are in areas where the average renter can't afford to move real quick, you know first and last months and paying for a moving truck is a struggle.

Yeah, maybe it seems cold renting to people who simply can't afford to leave, but it is business.

Hearing everyone's advice about finances makes me wish I could be more stable for awhile. This moving every few years shit is for the birds. I really dont want a rental house in AZ while I reside back in NY. Or vice versa. Paying someone else to 'landlord' for me just doesnt make alot of sense. Especially if I buy a 200k house and have to get a 30yr morgage.

As a landlord myself I can tell you it is not smart to buy a $200,000 house to rent out. People renting out big houses are not usually there for long. I have a big house like that I rent out and 3 smaller houses in not so nice neighborhoods. The big house was my last house, and rather then selling it we decided to rent it out. We found that it sits vacant and rolls over more then the others. People renting these houses are usually those who have had an issue in their main home, such as a fire or whatnot, that requires them to be out of their house for a few months, or people building houses in that area and wanting their kids to warm to the schools before hand, etc. They are just very temporary renters. The smaller houses rent quickly, as they are cheap, and they are in areas where the average renter can't afford to move real quick, you know first and last months and paying for a moving truck is a struggle.

Yeah, maybe it seems cold renting to people who simply can't afford to leave, but it is business.

And if you live in a college town you can make quite a sizeable sum of dough as a side business renting out small little houses :)

Well, I guess I'll try to fix the Exploder today since I can't find something else to buy.

thanks for all the advice. Like I said, I am hoarding money and trying to buy a house. I know this may take several years but so may finding the right one, mostly due to the SUPER infated prices everyone bought at here a few years ago. These people are just sitting in place so not to many available right now other than forclosures.

the funny thing is my dad owns a pawn bussiness that also pawns/buys/rents houses and buys cars. I couldn't imagine how many houses he owns just based off the ones I know about. He makes his money off other peoples misfortunes by having money to invest when the opportunity arises. YES he is a loan shark, the one time I tryed to borrow money he wanted 24% intrest from his own son.

Well, I guess I'll try to fix the Exploder today since I can't find something else to buy.

Whats wrong with that POS now?

Whats wrong with that POS now?

Fuel pump and 1-2 accumulator spring.

REACH OUT AND TOUCH FAITH

:suicide-santa:

pick up the receiver, I'll make you a believer...

So I have something similar to the link below in my truck to connect my Pioneer HU to my Droid

http://cgi.ebay.com/PIONEER-HEADUNIT-IP-BUS-3-5-mm-AUX-AUDIO-CABLE-/320549712761?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aa2407379#ht_1375wt_911

I run this into a Female to Female plug into a Male to 2 Female plug and finally 2 Male to Male cords that run up to my car dock and my center console (so I can plug other friends stuff in)

Problem is I have connection problems at the very first connection. If it's not just right it will not play the left audio. Which is really hard to keep perfect in a car audio environment.

I'm thinking about cutting off the male end and soldering on a new one that fits the plug better. Ideally it would be cool if I could cut the connection and make it split into two female connections as that would cut down on connections. If it all fails I could just try and buy a different cord from my pioneer to 3.5mm

500x_miatabusa_engine_in.jpg

Gentlemen! Behold! The MiataBusa!

and it uses the miata 5 speed

500x_smart_tank.jpg

How do I get into that?

Well obviously I don't, but how would someone who would fit in a normal smart car get in. Either way I need one.

*edit: with turbos

That was my first question too :lol:

Wait a minute, I thought the sun rise's in the east SO that means its later there not earlier.

Whoops. I is retard.

the funny thing is my dad owns a pawn bussiness that also pawns/buys/rents houses and buys cars. I couldn't imagine how many houses he owns just based off the ones I know about. He makes his money off other peoples misfortunes by having money to invest when the opportunity arises. YES he is a loan shark, the one time I tryed to borrow money he wanted 24% intrest from his own son.

Man, that's cold.

Most people entering investments tend to expect they will hit it big all at once. Oftentimes when we start to see our first few investments become big gainers we tend to think our investing is invincible, and sooner or later something is going to bring us back to earth really fast.

Yeah, the guy who "never loses money on a stock he bought" isn't the guy who is still working and spreading the wealth. He is sitting on Grand Cayman getting a hummer from the local honey with a Mai Tai in his hand. And like you said, usually by the time a real tip trickles down that ship has long since sailed. In the stock market minutes can make a difference. I have an example...

Back in 99, maybe 2000, I got a tip on a company called Digital Lightwave (DIGL). I went ahead and bought it one morning for something like $12 a share. It shot up the same day to about $90 a share. In the time it took me to call my broker and get it traded it dropped back to about $84, and it cost me thousands of dollars. Of course, i still made thousands, but i could have made a lot more.

But trades like that don't happen often. People tend to either think you are full of shit that never happens, or the expect it to happen every time. This is where financial advisers can help out the young investor. They will help reel you in and keep you on a steady course of investing that meets your goals, rather then an emotional rollercoaster of wild, uncontrolled investments.

That's a hell of a return in one day. My boss told me a similar story about his very first day of being in the stock market when he hit a jackpot and gained $2500 on a stock that he bought and sold that same day. I almost had a story like that. In the span of a week one of my stocks went up 1000%. But I was too excited to sell. I don't think it was a lot of greed, I just was naive about how fast it could fall back and I thought that with the good news that came out it would be sustained at that high level until more news came out and it would go up more, etc. I had only been in stocks for 6-8 months. Well in the next week it dropped as fast as it went up and I sold with the price "just" twice what I paid after I read up more and realized what was going on. Still a great return, but learned a lesson as well. It's just too bad that I'll likely never get to apply that knowledge because that kind of luck certainly doesn't happen often and probably won't for me ever again due to a change in investment strategy.

Wish we made enough to pay our help, but some of the big haunters told us we do too much.

What we do is provide food and beverages during the haunt season and then in November have a big party as a thank you. The volunteers who do a great job and show up every weekend get to travel with us to the conventions.

Looking for help, any takers?

http://www.hauntedho...house_7845.html

Wish I was closer, I would come for sure.

If you ever get out this way let me know, we will fix you up.