mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

bec1bc2c-7cdc-417f-a57b-bc126a349ac1.jpg

derp.jpg?w=450&h=300

679a528d-9213-4b42-8652-e41b9ca5d476.jpg

I want this:

129200624478093993.jpg

Eff me, 5 minutes after I post a for sale topic on flares, I get an order. I need to find a way to make these quicker.

Obviously you aren't charging enough :)

It's kind of an excuse for minor imperfections :peepwall:

Either way, I bought some gelcoat today and I'll experiment with that, hopefully reducing sanding time.

Would be awesome if the ebay auction for the Subaru air/water intercooler doesn't skyrocket.

Drove a 550i, XF-S, M5, MB E550, Lexus LS460 Sport, & v8 GS today. GOD are the Lexus teh boring. The GS is a complete piece of jap crap. The LS is quiet, but woopdefuckingdoo. If the XF-S were available in an R two years ago it is probably what I'd be buying although the standard supercharged version just doesn't quite do what the 550i will. The M5 pwns all, but perhaps is beyond what I'd deem as necessary.

Drove a 550i, XF-S, M5, MB E550, Lexus LS460 Sport, & v8 GS today. GOD are the Lexus teh boring. The GS is a complete piece of jap crap. The LS is quiet, but woopdefuckingdoo. If the XF-S were available in an R two years ago it is probably what I'd be buying although the standard supercharged version just doesn't quite do what the 550i will. The M5 pwns all, but perhaps is beyond what I'd deem as necessary.

the xf-s wasn't a blur machine? I had such high hopes on that one....

Speaking of newer cars, my brother and his wife are very close to buying a 2010 Toyota 4Runner. He told me they did last night, but then today he said it was just a credit check thing that they signed last night. Anybody know anything about these? I'm not super excited about it, but she has a Scion TC now so apparently she's into those types of things.

Other than being horribly stupid for buying a new car, no big deal. Sure the 4 Runner is fine.

He told me their price on it was like 33k, which I guess was only 500 over invoice, but I was like jeez that's still a lot. I'm not really sure why they wanted to buy new. He's never bought any new car in his life, so maybe that's why? I think she got hers new. I guess they'll find out how it goes.

WTF, I see the Red Lobster crabfest commercials on TV so I'm intrigued to go there. The gf and I drive 40 minutes to get to the nearest one and the menu and pricing is exactly the same. There are no additional dishes to accentuate crabfest. It's just marketing crap, probably to get rid of remaining fresh crab after the season is over or something (I'm not really sure when crab season actually is). What a crock. In addition, they were out of ALL fish. No salmon, tilapia, flounder, or any fresh fish of the day. So basically we go to choose from shrimp (which my gf doesn't like), lobster, or crab. We each get crab, she gets the king and I get snow and we split half and half. Now of course it was delicious and we went there for crab anyways, but I like their stuffed flounder and would have gotten that as well. And I thought there would actually be something special about crabfest. So we were a bit deliciously disappointed.

No such thing as fresh crab unless you are a fisherman. It starts to deteriorate REALLY, REALLY fast so it is always cooked and frozen asap. The best in fact is cooked and frozen on the boat. Bristol Bay FTMFW!!

Either way, you should NEVER eat at a Red Lobster, fucking terrible.

:shrug:, I don't mind it. And being in Kansas, where would I ever get anything fresh anyways? I can't just take trips to the coasts every month to get fresh stuff, nor will I go without. I have to make due with what I have. Plus this type of thing is all I've ever eaten, so I don't know any different. I buy seafood at the store obviously, but it's also obviously not fresh. And I had a gift card.

where in Kansas again? Manhattan? Topeka? Wichita? Lawrence?

12 gauge 00 buck :werd_msword:

20 gauge 2 buck works fine too

12 gauge up, 20 gauge down.

Don't worry about hand gun unless you want to shoot handguns for fun. 12 with 00 buck is the panultimate home protecter.

Not in the market for a shotgun right now.

I have really been wanting a handgun to shoot, and simply to start growing my collection of guns that is pretty small right now...

My plan is to get this gun, get my concealed handgun license, then get another smaller handgun to carry.

So im looking into the .357 and the .38 specials also a .45 maybe.

Thanks

Buying a gun is like buying clothes or a pair of shoes; if it ain't comfortable it ain't worth buying. You still in Beaumont? If so, check out Collector's Firearms sometime; they're on the corner of Fondren and Richmond, just north of Westpark. They've got plenty of models for you to "try on" :lol: 1911's, Sig's, Glock's, XD's, Beretta's, random military paraphernalia, you name it, they probably got it

Wonder if they still have those Prussian pickelhaubes in stock...

Bismarck_pickelhaube.jpg

visual reference of a pickelhaube

Lawrence

Story you guys might appreciate, speaking of guns:

On the radio the other day I heard a news story about a woman in..... Pennsylvania? I think, who walked into her apartment and two thugs followed her right in. One of them took her purse and the other one took her to the couch and held her down. The one with the purse just paced back and forth, asking the lady for her money. She didn't really have any, but they weren't buying it. Then the guy with the purse said ok, take her clothes off (as if they were going to rape her). At this point she got really freaked out about that possibility, so she said ok, give me my purse and I'll give you the money. Why the guy holding the purse didn't look in there already is beyond anybody's guess, I mean isn't that where people put their money? Anyways, it's a huge lucky thing that he didn't, because what they didn't know was that she had a concealed carry license and had a handgun in her purse. If the guy had looked in, he would have saw it and she may have been in real trouble. So the guy put the purse on the floor and the guy on the couch let her go and she crawled to it. She stuck her hand inside and before she even pulled her hand out she fired a shot through the bag and hit the standing guy, then pulled the gun out and shot the guy on the couch. One of the guys died, the other went to the hospital and I think was in serious condition.

Score a huge one for that lady.

Oldie but goodie:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dammit I suck at embedding.

Edited by denim
;)

Lawrence

I'm seeing a Mariscos on West 6th, a Pachamama's on Quail Creek Drive, and an Angler's Seafood House on Massachusetts that all seem to be pretty decent :lol:

can't seem to find any fresh fish mongers, however, there are some in Topeka and plenty in KC

Finding fresh seafood in West Texas or the Texas Panhandle, now that is a challenge.

sorry, I'll stop being a smart ass...for now :peepwall:

God dang it...

they got a bag of loot

God dang it...

they got a bag of loot

lol

:ohnoes9: they got my loot

Buying a gun is like buying clothes or a pair of shoes; if it ain't comfortable it ain't worth buying. You still in Beaumont? If so, check out Collector's Firearms sometime; they're on the corner of Fondren and Richmond, just north of Westpark. They've got plenty of models for you to "try on" :lol: 1911's, Sig's, Glock's, XD's, Beretta's, random military paraphernalia, you name it, they probably got it

ya there is a gun show coming up here in 2 weeks, so I plan on getting something there, I should have a pretty good selection to choose from :)