mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Good news is, its not ringworm

bad news is, its poison ivy

Good news is, its not ringworm

bad news is, its poison ivy

Well at least we know you weren't rolling a round in feces, just poison ivy!

:drink40:

I don't think I've ever had poison ivy, ran through some Stinging nettle once, that was just as about as painful as rubbing fiberglass on your legs.

Anyone ever have their iPods attempt to catch fire?

It sucks.

Anyone ever have their iPods attempt to catch fire?

Several people; there might be a lawsuit or two floating around if memory serves

Now I'm on a search for people with older iPods.

As for some reason, my radio won't charge the newer ones. :(

Random Question: traction bars on a rear coil sprung link suspension: useful or a waste of time and money?

Useful!

Why ? Especially in a well designed link system.

No shit. I can't even figure out how they'd work in this instance.

That was my reaction; here are Lakewood's offerings

These are for listed for '64-'77 GM's

1y4sug.jpg

These are listed for '78-87 GM's

35hjrbb.jpg

These are listed for '79-'95 Mustangs/Capris

2aevxo2.jpg

Competition Engineering sells similar kits as well :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled:

I understand their theory, but the trailing arms are already locating the axle and controlling wrap, so I see no need for the traction bars.

I don't know what instance you are thinking of, but they add strength and support when you have a lifted vehicle OR are offroading or racing (any kind). I don't know what you plan on doing.

I want this, just not lifted quite as high

33468160003_large.jpg

I love love love the excursions and think a 4wd slightly lifted one would be sweet but the wheels kill that one for me

Yeah I see where you are coming from with this, they are a little much. I just want a lifted black excursion with a 6.0 (personal reasons on the 6.0). This is the perfect year and everything though.

Random Question: traction bars on a rear coil sprung link suspension: useful or a waste of time and money?

Useful!

1y4sug.jpg

35hjrbb.jpg

2aevxo2.jpg

Competition Engineering sells similar kits as well :puzzled: :puzzled: :puzzled:

I understand their theory, but the trailing arms are already locating the axle and controlling wrap, so I see no need for the traction bars.

I don't know what instance you are thinking of, but they add strength and support when you have a lifted vehicle OR are offroading or racing (any kind). I don't know what you plan on doing.

How so? You are locating and controlling the axle with the link system. How is the traction bar installed as shown in the photos going to help?

If you have enough distortion in the system to make them work, the initial design is piss poor and the bars are nothing but a band aid for a weak design.

Let's take the Fox platform Mustang for instance, since the bars are available for them. 4 link opposed rear end. The upper links are great, but stamped steel and prone to flex. A simpled piece of steel welded between the stampings increases their tortional rigidty tenfold. The lowers are also stamped and weak, but the aftermarket has produced simple cheap replacements made of DOM. Along with a stiffer durometer bushing or heim joints, the axle stays were it needs to. The traction bar would provide no aid in this instance or any other link system. Leaf springs are a different story.

In a complete 180 from last week's performance, KU upset Georgia Tech today. Wow. That was a fun game to watch!

Caribou coffee is some good stuff! Just ordered more.

Penn State is sure getting the shit kicked out of them.

Maryland was up 45-0 at the half. :)

Spent the day building a rickity moving porch (on air bags) and hanging dinning room furniture from the ceiling in the upside down room. Good day of work for sure.

Maryland was up 45-0 at the half. :)

Penn State has a fig fat 0

I spent the day setting up and testing concrete that we poured yesterday.

http://www.nightfrights.net/ghostbust.html

Have one of these coming this week. It will read the rules of the Haunt before people enter the rising staircase.

Useful!

How so? You are locating and controlling the axle with the link system. How is the traction bar installed as shown in the photos going to help?

If you have enough distortion in the system to make them work, the initial design is piss poor and the bars are nothing but a band aid for a weak design.

Took the words out of my mouth !