mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Sooo...pressure brake bleeders (read: Motive Products Power Bleeder), yay or nay?

make sure you get one that seals the pressurized air off from the break fluid

Something like this then?

Sooo...pressure brake bleeders (read: Motive Products Power Bleeder), yay or nay?

I don't know about your car Peng, but to properly bleed the brakes on a newer Cadillac you need a Tech2 programmer.

Good Morning Everyone.:wavey5: Vacation was good. NOTHING like 2 weeks away from life.

I don't know about your car Peng, but to properly bleed the brakes on a newer Cadillac you need a Tech2 programmer.

Yeah it depends on which ABS system the car has

From what I'm reading, you just have to apply more pressure on those certain ABS systems to activate the ABS check valves?

No you don't. That's just to bleed the ABS pump. All vehicles with computer controlled ABS will need the pump bled this way. You can still bleed each individual caliper as you would in any normal hydraulic system.

Best and cheapest way to bleed your brakes is how it's been done since their inception. Only way I would ever use a pressure-assist is if I were doing it alone several times a day.

They won't custom fit you for free, not what I asked. But you should go to a shop that can as they will understand fit when putting you on a stock bike. If you go in at $500 they won't take you seriously though as no one who works in the bike shop will even think that is a bike. As for wasting their time, use the bike shop that you "waste" their time for all your service and they will be fine. They have nearly NO margin on bikes, but make serious dough on parts, service, and accessories. I buy all my accessories local, but would never buy a bike that way. Even flat out told bike shops that and they appreciate the honesty, understand and agree. Of course if you have no fit experience you cannot do it on your own, thus why I want you to be fit by someone who knows a shit before we find you a bike for <$600 used that will work for you.

That sucks if these guys have no margin on bikes. When I bought my road bike I did buy all my extras from them but everything was installed free and my 300 mile service was free as well.

Yep, terrible margin. Last years models are usually sold at cost.

Add up the price of a Deore LX Crank, XT Rear/front derailleur, XT brakeset, LX hubs, LX pedals and then find a used bike that already has them :)

If it makes you feel better, then go spend $50 on a tune up.

Terrible time of year up here for me to shop for you.

I would try a non-Trek, non-Giant frame as well. Not sure what you have for dealers, but you picked brands with very similar geometries riding something completely different would be logical. you also only rode Chinese bikes btw.

Since we're on the subject of brakes...pad suggestions? We've always just thrown Wagners on our trucks since, well, they're trucks...Akebono? Hawk? ATE? Ramalamadingdong? Give Peace a Chance?

And no, the E55 won't be seeing a racetrack of any kind :lol:

Getting ready for the last night of the Haunt, hope we are busy.

Why last, nem?

We are only open every Friday and Saturday in October.

My cousin was in an accident on his motorcycle about a month ago. Some dude with a '95 Impala on 24" rims turned right into him, actually hit them twice, and threw him and his gf off his bike then drove off. Luckily he was riding with several other people so they called the cops/ambulance. My cousin had severe road rash and his gf ended up with two broken arms and several other problems, including actually stopping breathing for a bit after the accident while the ambulance was on the way. Just as the cops got there, the guy that hit them drove back to the scene. My cousin was mad as hell and went up to the dudes in the car on a rampage and broke their mirror and actually tried to fight them. He said the dude had his window down but tried to roll it up as my cousin was reaching in, but my cousin pushed the window back down and still lunged in. Cops pulled him away to restrain him.

Anyways, my cousin and his gf each spent about a week in the hospital recovering, during which time they racked up over $300,000 in medical bills. The other guy had only minimal insurance which only covers up to $15,000 per person, so my cousin and his gf are only getting 1/10th of their medical bills paid by the insurance. Now the hospital has a lien out against my cousin because of the bill, so he is financially handcuffed. Such bullshit. The other guy is a 30 year old loser still living with his parents. No doubt he spent the only $5,000 he ever made in his life on those rims, so there's no way he can pay the rest of the medical bills. Even if my cousin took him to court (which I think he is), he owns nothing so there's no way to get any money out of him. What a shitty-ass situation.

There needs to be some clause in either his motorcycle insurance or the other guy's insurance that if the accident isn't your fault, your medical bills will be paid by either your or his insurance (preferably his).

Since we're on the subject of brakes...pad suggestions? We've always just thrown Wagners on our trucks since, well, they're trucks...Akebono? Hawk? ATE? Ramalamadingdong? Give Peace a Chance?

Do you drive aggressive? *assumes yes*

Axxis Deluxe pads are sweet. Hardly any dust, good stopping performance and street use doesn't make them noisy.