mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I looked at the "Blues" thread. Some interesting things being discussed in there that are a tad over my head.

Let me summarize for you:

Boner heads like what they have and think it is the best because they have it.

Intelligent guys want something other than a stupid opinion.

Blues Boners not capable of providing anything, so they resort to more opinionated nonsense while showing how little they know about stereo stuff along the way.

Real information is asked for well knowing the answer already....amusing the boners don't.

How it ends? Information is never given, everyone thinks the subjective guys are stupid and the drivers suck.

Really too bad as this is their opportunity to really promote the drivers the right way...assuming they are worth even a small percentage of their price. :(

I re-read mine about once a year. I usually forget more than I remember though.

The math doesn't really scare me much. I'm an Electronics Tech for the gov't so I have a basic understanding of what's involved and decent math skills. I've been slacking big time on learning more so I can start up working on Home Theater and Car Audio again. I'd like to make more informed purchases this time around with a plan I can successfully execute.

M5 by chance do you have some more useful links for reading on building a front stage? I read ALOT last night, but I still have a little confusion and Im not finding it in the SEARCH BAR!

must have missed the news, what vehicular did sean end up getting?

Obviously by the looks for it Sean is sick! I am waiting to bother him with more front stage questions though, but I figured he may be more of a D!ck while sick LMAO! I dont know that Im quite ready for a thread just yet though.....Did some good reading today though! Front stage has a ton of info to read/understand before even trying to start putting something together, damn all I can say is Sq guys have a ton of patience if they are setting things up via active processors eqs etc!!

Thanks Sean! I don't want to drive up to Dulles because its ~2 hours in good traffic and once I get to Minneapolis, I drive 2 hours south to Winona.

Looks like flights are 450-500 for RIC to MSP. Guess I'll just have to suck it up a spend ze monies. bull.gif

Shit I spend well over that going from Pheonix to Buffalo, NY. Sometimes close to 1200 for me and the wife.

And thats CHEAP compaire to Tucson and an extra 2 hrs on the drive time.

J

Thanks Sean! I don't want to drive up to Dulles because its ~2 hours in good traffic and once I get to Minneapolis, I drive 2 hours south to Winona.

Looks like flights are 450-500 for RIC to MSP. Guess I'll just have to suck it up a spend ze monies. bull.gif

Shit I spend well over that going from Pheonix to Buffalo, NY. Sometimes close to 1200 for me and the wife.

J

this would be in my car..

for one way driving

http://www.costtodrive.com/trip.php?start=phoenix+arizona+&end=buffalo+Ny&car_type=&mpg=23&gpt=16&year=2011&make=Ford++&model=23,16,Mustang&fuel=Regular&city=19&highway=31&cmb=23

J

this would be in my car..

for one way driving

http://www.costtodrive.com/trip.php?start=phoenix+arizona+&end=buffalo+Ny&car_type=&mpg=23&gpt=16&year=2011&make=Ford++&model=23,16,Mustang&fuel=Regular&city=19&highway=31&cmb=23

A few problems with this

1) I actually live in Sierra Vista, AZ which is about 3 hrs south of Pheonix

2) I hate wasting leave days driving across country. At 2 days each way thats 4 days of leave wasted to drive. I have better uses for that time.

3) I drive a 2006 Nissan Xterra SE. MPG's arent so great in that.

Good thinking though!!!

:)

J

For those of you not scared of germs I dare you to drink some raw chicken juice...or just pour it on your salad. You'll come back and change your tune.

You got me there.... Not going to try that.

makes sense,

I usually use that site to gauge the aprox time/amount of gas to travel somewhere.

For those of you not scared of germs I dare you to drink some raw chicken juice...or just pour it on your salad. You'll come back and change your tune.

Am I scared of germs? No, but will I take reasonable precautions, good practices, etc? Yep, I sure will.

Then don't cut chix on wood

even if I keep my wood boards in good condition and oiled and then wash after?

I have always used wood for everything. I only started using plastic for the wife. Can you cut any meat on wood?

500x_nimitz_car_carrier.jpg

To help sailors with a shift of its home base from California to Washington, the U.S.S. Nimitiz aircraft carrier's hauling more than 400 private vehicles... inside, on its huge main deck.

neat

Just hope it does not roll over like the cargo ship that squished hundreds of Mazda's.

Or the box of M3's that got tipped right when the new style was released. :Doh:

Well ordering two new .45's

Gotta love deployments.

J

Gotta love deployments.

J

Nice! I'm actually selling my .45

Gotta love deployments.

J

Nice! I'm actually selling my .45

Getting a Para-Ordinance 1911 .45, 5 mags, night sights, custom 'paint', ambidexterous safetys and a S&W M&P edition .45 with 3 mags, night sights, ambidexterous safetys, custom engraving both deployment pistols.

Under 1300 for both.

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center scientists have created a new material that is ten times blacker than the blackest black paint in the world.

blacker than the blackest black…times infinity!

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center scientists have created a new material that is ten times blacker than the blackest black paint in the world.

blacker than the blackest black…times infinity!

Are they calling it Wesley Snipes??

J

You got me there.... Not going to try that.

To clarify, I am not scared of germs either. I cut as much as possible on wood for 2 reasons. 1 it is faster and the little extra bonus reason is that it is better on your knives.

All fish, poultry and usually meat gets taken down on a liner. Someone asked for a link before, I don't usually buy these here but these work just fine:

http://compare.ebay.com/like/220440919903?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=179991139039&crlp=1_263602_304662&UA=%3F*F%3F&GUID=2ba1d21a12c0a0e203e7cf67ff9e9b59&itemid=220440919903&ff4=263602_304662

M5 by chance do you have some more useful links for reading on building a front stage? I read ALOT last night, but I still have a little confusion and Im not finding it in the SEARCH BAR!

I don't really remember when I read those threads, someone else going through the same toils might have better suggestions.

makes sense,

I usually use that site to gauge the aprox time/amount of gas to travel somewhere.

Does not include wear and tear and depreciation which greatly change things. I think the government has the depreciation/wear/gas rate set at around $0.55/mile right now which is based on average cars. Don't fool yourself too much that you are saving vs flying.

Am I scared of germs? No, but will I take reasonable precautions, good practices, etc? Yep, I sure will.

Then don't cut chix on wood

even if I keep my wood boards in good condition and oiled and then wash after?

I have always used wood for everything. I only started using plastic for the wife. Can you cut any meat on wood?

Can? Yes, should you? No. Just throw a liner on top of it :) Worth the $2