mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Snake cakes make you fat and guns are at fault for killing people, it's not a direct correlation, but rather a general indication of the current trend to decrease personal responsibility.

Ones addictive other isn't. Although I couldn't agree more with the indication of the current bullshit trend.

I get your point about the addictive nature of snack foods, but I'm not sure that's the major cause of obesity. We enjoy so much leisure time and technology has improved entertainment so much that we live largely sedintary lifestyles. Increased fear of child molestation, single working or both working parents mean children are not playing outside like they used to. Most jobs these days require very little if any physical labor. You add all this up and cultural forces are hard at work "making" Americans obese. I didn't even point out the "food deserts" that many poor neighborhoods around the US face.

I strongly fight my Libertarian, pro-Malthus slant- don't do a damn thing and let the weak die, the human race will be better for it in the long run.

You related this to obesity not me. Laziness and lack of motivation is the major cause. Having access to a shitty ass diet doesn't help and feeds it completely.

Nice little read, I may just know this guy.

http://www.lockhaven...s.html?nav=5009

Great read, thanks Nem. There is a very big push coming from the Federal gov to revamp education- they're called Common Core standards and are designed to better prepare American students for college and careers. I still like Japan's model where high school is not required, instead middle school students who don't test well enough enter technical training and prepare for careers in skilled labor, but we'll never do that here.

Most of Europe is similar to Japan.

Actually stupidity causes it. Americans ideas of running from fat and embracing sugar is sickening.

damn, you guys are really boring. spice up your lives. live a little. let go and give in

So this "fun" you are talking about is staying at home, getting drunk and then posting youtube vids ?

Ducati%20M600.jpg

Apparently the 600cc version is docile and it is regarded as a good beginner bike. I've seen a couple running around town but always thought they were only 900+cc versions.

damn, you guys are really boring. spice up your lives. live a little. let go and give in

So this "fun" you are talking about is staying at home, getting drunk and then posting youtube vids ?

Confused me so I looked it up, now I understand

spice

   [spahys] Show IPA ,noun, verb, spiced, spic·ing.

noun

1. Sitting at home alone getting shit faced and listening to crappy music.

2. Disregard for all sound quality and having everything be digitally compressed

3. Posting stupid drunk comments in an effort to share ones drunken feelings

4. Watching Youtube drunk and alone and not understanding why others don't have the same sentiments you do

I figure that if I sell the backhoe I would get out of debt and have part of the payment for a Ducati Monster.

HMMMMMM

Confused me so I looked it up, now I understand

spice

   [spahys] Show IPA ,noun, verb, spiced, spic·ing.

noun

1. Sitting at home alone getting shit faced and listening to crappy music.

2. Disregard for all sound quality and having everything be digitally compressed

3. Posting stupid drunk comments in an effort to share ones drunken feelings

4. Watching Youtube drunk and alone and not understanding why others don't have the same sentiments you do

now your getting it!,

sooo.. your gonna need to go get some MD 20/20 and check back in an hour,.... post how spiced your feeling then.... off you go!:D

A zener allows a backfeed if the voltages are too high. The rectifier should handle the AC. there should be no backfeed after the rectifier converts it to DC, unless the output voltage is skewed by a bad rectifier.

And without a zener it'll surely back feed.

I realize somehow I am making this impossible for you to help....but it ISN'T on purpose, lol.

Take an AC feed that is regulated to 12v AC. Run it into two things:

1) Rectifier

2) 2 wire LED Tail Light & Brake Light

Take output of the Rectifier (through brake handle) and connect it to:

Idea is that the LED works as a diode (half bridge rectifier) and runs at 12/2=6v (peak) * .7 (RMS) = 4.2V DC for a Running light

When you apply brake lever, it kicks the 12v DC onto the same line as the half bridge rectified AC. Providing another 12v DC to the line making the light brighter as a brake light than a tail light.

My concern is that the AC output that is going to the tail light will back feed into the rectifier since it is wired in parallel thus destroying the rectifier. If the output of the rectifier has a zener diode that can reject 12v AC then it is no problem. If it doesn't then I buy a new rectifier.

My assumption is that the rectifier is idiot proof since it is on a snowmobile, but not sure that I want to test it with a $40 oops.

This solution requires absolutely no re-wiring or adjustments. The other option of course is to use the rectifier output for the taillight and build a voltage divider to make it less power before the brake light is applied. This is way more work than just changing the connection of one wire that happens to already be in the right connector...

Is that more clear?

Problem is paralleling DC & AC after the rectifier and maybe then damaging it.

I see where you are coming from now. Does the LED have a Zener incorporated into it? It would seem to me that it should, if it is intended to function this way

It's my understanding that LED's in nature do exactly that. Of course the input will be paralleled before the LED so it still may backfeed into the rectifier.

My question is somewhat loaded as I understand the circuit pretty well, but have no idea how to test what I hope is actually there.

I hear you. The only way I can think of telling if it is protected is if your DMM has a diode test on it. I know my Fluke 87 does, but it is almost 20 years old. Not sure if the new 87 still incorporates this.

Aside from running the vehicle andf testing outputs, I am not sure how to suggest you test it.

Edited by lithium

That is so cool!

IMG_20121116_144851.jpg

IMG_20121116_144842.jpg

A zener allows a backfeed if the voltages are too high. The rectifier should handle the AC. there should be no backfeed after the rectifier converts it to DC, unless the output voltage is skewed by a bad rectifier.

And without a zener it'll surely back feed.

I realize somehow I am making this impossible for you to help....but it ISN'T on purpose, lol.

Take an AC feed that is regulated to 12v AC. Run it into two things:

1) Rectifier

Take output of the Rectifier (through brake handle) and connect it to:

Idea is that the LED works as a diode (half bridge rectifier) and runs at 12/2=6v (peak) * .7 (RMS) = 4.2V DC for a Running light

When you apply brake lever, it kicks the 12v DC onto the same line as the half bridge rectified AC. Providing another 12v DC to the line making the light brighter as a brake light than a tail light.

My concern is that the AC output that is going to the tail light will back feed into the rectifier since it is wired in parallel thus destroying the rectifier. If the output of the rectifier has a zener diode that can reject 12v AC then it is no problem. If it doesn't then I buy a new rectifier.

My assumption is that the rectifier is idiot proof since it is on a snowmobile, but not sure that I want to test it with a $40 oops.

This solution requires absolutely no re-wiring or adjustments. The other option of course is to use the rectifier output for the taillight and build a voltage divider to make it less power before the brake light is applied. This is way more work than just changing the connection of one wire that happens to already be in the right connector...

Is that more clear?

Problem is paralleling DC & AC after the rectifier and maybe then damaging it.

I see where you are coming from now. Does the LED have a Zener incorporated into it? It would seem to me that it should, if it is intended to function this way

It's my understanding that LED's in nature do exactly that. Of course the input will be paralleled before the LED so it still may backfeed into the rectifier.

My question is somewhat loaded as I understand the circuit pretty well, but have no idea how to test what I hope is actually there.

I hear you. The only way I can think of telling if it is protected is if your DMM has a diode test on it. I know my Fluke 87 does, but it is almost 20 years old. Not sure if the new 87 still incorporates this.

Aside from running the vehicle andf testing outputs, I am not sure how to suggest you test it.

Thank you :) Pretty sure my Fluke has it as well. Never once even occurred to me to look though. :Doh:

Sitting at the Chicago airport. The 4 hour layover has been no where near as fun as I had hoped...

I didn't want to chance leaving the airport. Though it felt like I had forever.

Deere was awesome. My interview went awesome except in my first session my phone was on vibrate and my damn mom called me. Of the few people that KNEW about my interview she decided that was the perfect time to "check up on me".

Deere is a pretty rich company too. Great benefits and lots of opportunity within the company. Hope my little mishap doesn't hurt too bad. The interviewer did write it down... :/

When necessary they start their own divisions to provide benefits. Which building were you in?

We interviewed in the crown building and toured the world head quarters

I didn't think you brought your mom since she called. :D