mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

the sensors for the Stoker/Guru are thermocouples, aren't they?

Did you take the RR job?

My mom finally sold her reaturant. Its only been listed for a couple months. I know this is what is going to make mom happy, but I sure am going to miss eating out for free.

The typical metal coil thermometer are fairly inaccurate and need to be calibrated every so often, I love/prefer digital thermometers.

The typical digital thermometer are fairly inaccurate and need to be calibrated every so often, I love/prefer thermocouples.

Thermocouples are nice. Do they make controllers that have a meat probe, grill temp probe, and air temp probe so it can run it through an algorithm, give estimated cook time, and notify you when it has reached your desired temp?

Hey now guys :(

oh.. Thats what i meant by Digital Thermometers... i didn't know they were called thermocouples

Most digital thermometers are not thermocouples but a cheap resistor that is LESS accurate than most analog ones.

Yeah, thermistors can't hold a candle to a thermocouple

*gropes new Thermapen*

Exactly. :)

Yes :) That is why they are $35

My mom finally sold her reaturant. Its only been listed for a couple months. I know this is what is going to make mom happy, but I sure am going to miss eating out for free.

Congrats?

129140230392515353.jpg?w=500&h=667

I did the classic 80s tattoo the other day, its was a naked chic straddling a guitar. I put giant titts with big pink gum drop nipples.

500x_1987_ruf_ctr_yellowbird.jpg

964 apparently...good interpretation of KISS

So I'm cooking a steak dinner on Wed and looking for some tips.

I either have sirloins or ribeye in the freezer. Should I marinate them overnight?

I realized that I do not have a pit here, but could probably borrow one or pick up an Old Smokey. Last time I cooked steak I just seared it in a cast iron pot and finished it in the oven

any tips for side dishes. I was thinking a green like green beans and probably a starch.

May even consider getting a red wine as well (haven't bought wine in a while) considerations?

Thanks for any help, lets just say I'm trying to make it "perfect" ;)

How "cooked" is perfect to you and her?

How do you like your wine?

Green beans are easy to screw up depending on tastes. Personally I like mine still to have life, but some people like mush. How about you? .... and her?

Do you have a grill?

How "cooked" is perfect to you and her?

How do you like your wine?

Green beans are easy to screw up depending on tastes. Personally I like mine still to have life, but some people like mush. How about you? .... and her?

Do you have a grill?

For me, I would eat it as soon as you kill the cow if it was sanitary. For her... well, she doesn't like sushi. I'm guess shes a medium to medium-well kind.

I like my wine tasty. All I can tell you is I had a cabernet sauvignon over the thanksgiving break and I enjoyed it so I want to get some wine.

I like crispy green beans with flavor. She is going to like crispy green beans with flavor :)

No grill, but its obvious it is needed so I can get one. Can maybe borrow or would possibly consider buying an old smokey or something similar.

grill is the easiest place with the least clean up. Get it insanely hot. Sear them there. If you can't controll the heat well you could move them to the oven to finish them. I do a lot of pan searing for steaks, but it's only because I have been too lazy to start the BGE, and I have been trying to make pan gravey after every steak I make for practice. I can't do that from the grill.

Find out the wine you had at thanksgiving and purchase that. Then you can be sure it will be something you enjoy. Do you know if she likes reds? If not you may want to buy some white (with steak?? YUK!! but there is no accounting for others tastes). If you want to open her up to a red I really recomend A pigno noir. Le Gran Noir is a great one. It's cheep, tastey for the price, and really really low cost. It has a twisty top, it's odd to see it, but it's good.

I hate green beans. Steam or blanch quickly, toss with some dried cranberries and almonds. It's simple and elegant for the ladies. You can ice the beans if you want it cold too. I can't eat green beans hot, it's a weakness for me. :)

If you want to be baller tastic serve it with a baby greens salad opener, or a wedge salad. I have no idea why, but when I see a wedge salad I just think player tastic. :)

Any ideas for your desert.

o·pin·ion·at·ed/əˈpinyəˌnātid/Adjective: Conceitedly assertive and dogmatic in one's opinions

500x_1987_ruf_ctr_yellowbird.jpg

964 apparently...good interpretation of KISS

Ruf CTR Yellowbird; 470 HP, 2600 pounds soaking wet and damn it handles

"Thank you for calling the Department Of Workforce Services, your current wait time is less than 45 minutes. There are 57 callers ahead of you."

:suicide-santa:

Yes :) That is why they are $35

Also explains why Polder remote thermometers are only 20 bucks

"Thank you for calling the Department Of Workforce Services, your current wait time is less than 45 minutes. There are 57 callers ahead of you."

:suicide-santa:

LOLERSKATES!

I feel for you man.