mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Goddamn today was a long yet I didnt do insane amount of work type day.

J

am I the only one who has had bad experiences with euro/pillow tops?

I'd guess so.

$300-500 for a queen isn't enough.

300-500 after haggling, I should say

$800 bucks sticker price should last about 5-6 years max. But the foam will be lower quality and you will see the depressions fast. How did the depressions in the pillowtop cause issues?

400 bucks every 5-6 years or 800 bucks every 10-12 works out about the same. As for the lower quality foam, see my above post. I dunno, maybe we're buying the wrong brands? So far we've had Restonic, Sealy, Serta, Stearn's & Foster, and King Koil. The pillowtops cratered, none of the tight tops nor the latex ones have :shrug:

Mine is 8 years old and feels like new. Was nearly $2k though, but also a Cal King. Near $6k retail.

I'm wating on light sabers.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine....

I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF PEOPLE WITH EYE CANDIES RUNNING THEIR MOUTHS.

Amazing numbers of idiots asking extremely stupid questions on here lately, it is frustrating.

Yogurt has taught you well.

Mine is 8 years old and feels like new. Was nearly $2k though, but also a Cal King. Near $6k retail.

Cal Kings are the toughest as they are almost always special order. However if a store has a Cal King in stock they sure as hell want it out of there and can get pretty agressive with pricing.

Assuming it's not a display model to show what a cal king looks like.

Cal Kings are the toughest as they are almost always special order. However if a store has a Cal King in stock they sure as hell want it out of there and can get pretty agressive with pricing.

We had to order ours. Tried out the King, but bought the Cal. At my height it is essential.

May the schwartz be with the both of you...

Ours is from one of the S's, don't remember but was the most comfortable to us. On the firmer side, but not ultra firm and has a big non-latex euro top. Last thing I want is to lay on latex.

May your schwartz be in a warm, wet place.

May your schwartz be in a warm, wet place.

hmmmmmm maybe later ;)

Ours is from one of the S's, don't remember but was the most comfortable to us. On the firmer side, but not ultra firm and has a big non-latex euro top. Last thing I want is to lay on latex.

Latex retains heat and makes you sweat!

Latex is good stuff in bedding. Lasts for ever and is soft. They can make quite a bit of variences in density too. It's a bit particular when they cook it up though.

Latex is good stuff in bedding. Lasts for ever and is soft. They can make quite a bit of variences in density too. It's a bit particular when they cook it up though.

Doesn't breath, dead killer for me.

Latex retains heat and makes you sweat!

Not really any more that other foam in the application of a mattress and all beds will have a buffer of dacron or some other similar product between you and the foam. If you go from a harder bed to a softer bed, you will invariably sweat more. It won't nesicarryly be due to heat retention though. A large portion of it will be from the fact you're getting better circulation. Same reason why serta patented the dimple up egg crate foam in mattresses. It helps increase circulation.

If you get more blood moving at night you will be a lot warmer. It also will probably get you deeper into sleep and the chemicals released from that will really heat you up too. Think of when young kids sleep, they just pour sweat out because they are growing.

Doesn't breath, dead killer for me.

Foam is foam is foam, and it's all open cell.

Visco elastic foam though is a PITA if your a hot sleaper. If you have high density memory foam it will take a LONG time to disepate heat. Thats pretty much due to the fact it's dense as all hell.

We got ours DIRT cheap. It was also cheaply made and the base sucked ass.............

Name brand this time around. I want shit that would last.

Sean mind finding out what brand and possibly model? We are going Cali King again and would like something GOOD. Wife like a decently firm no foam bed.

J

It seems the boss lady is approaching her spending limit at Transworld.

We got ours DIRT cheap. It was also cheaply made and the base sucked ass.............

Name brand this time around. I want shit that would last.

Sean mind finding out what brand and possibly model? We are going Cali King again and would like something GOOD. Wife like a decently firm no foam bed.

J

I'm not Sean, but I might be able to help.

Unless you are massively tall a cal king is a big waste, and it's much harder to find insane deals on.

And when you say firm I think you mean to say hard. The jargon firm is always thrown out there to describe the support from the coils in the mattress by people in the industry. You can have angel feathers to cussion the firmest most supporting coils though. There is no benefit to have a hard bed to support your body.

Hard is bad and soft is good. If you don't like a softer feel though, then it's not going to work for you. If you like a harder feel

Visco elastic foam though is a PITA if your a hot sleaper. If you have high density memory foam it will take a LONG time to disepate heat. Thats pretty much due to the fact it's dense as all hell.

Exactly what I was referring to. Been to hotels with it and fuck that

EVERYTHING for the cal king is expensive. The width of a normal king would be better than the length for you J. What you gain in one you lose in the other and ad $$$ 9" 590

On top. (Phone got stuck in #) mode

I agree Sean but can I make 2 points

1) The wife loves Cali King over regular. Why I dont know.

2) We already have 6 sets of VERY expensive (to us) Cali King sheets that didnt even get a full year of use before we had to leave.

J