mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

am I the only one who has had bad experiences with euro/pillow tops?

What was the problem?

http://www.kingsdown.com/default_kd.aspx

I have been sleeping on this for about 7 years now.

I sleep on one too. My roomate does, there is one in my spare bedroom. Another old roomate got one too. 2 friends got one from me also, and then their parents did. 2/3 of the guys who I sold beds with do too.

Sweet, glad to hear that. Did you sell them before?

I sold quite a bit..... maybe 15% of my sales(by volume) were from their product. That says a lot as their price isn't the lowest. I believed in what they made when I was selling beds.

Do you still feel the same way about them?

posting simply so all of the recent topics are last responded to by me :)

SSA be slow today. There's a half hour spread in my posting times.

gallery_532_465_140372.jpg

What was the problem?

Between the half dozen pillowtops we've had, all of them had them had the same problem: the pillowtop itself stopped springing back. So basically instead of being flat there's a bunch of craters in the pillowtop. Not the mattress itself, just the pillowtop.

She almost made it across the big balls.

Wipe Out if you are wondering.

I called directv today wanting to upgrade 2 of my receivers to the hd receivers. I have been with them for 9 years now and they still want to charge me $99 each, but will give me a free hd dvr. Go figure.

I don't want a dvr, I just want to upgrade my other 2 receivers. So if I want a $200 unit it is free, but if I want 2 $99 units I have to pay for it. Go figure, its not like I am trying to get more. I told her to forget it and she offered me free HBO for not being able to help me out. I told her to keep it because if I want to watch a movie I can download it.

Hell, you can buy one for that much.

What was the problem?

Between the half dozen pillowtops we've had, all of them had them had the same problem: the pillowtop itself stopped springing back. So basically instead of being flat there's a bunch of craters in the pillowtop. Not the mattress itself, just the pillowtop.

I am having this problem now and it's not even a year old. I am not happy about it either.

which is the major reason my parents went with a 100% latex mattress the last time they bought one; mighty damned good too, no craters/holes

memory foam toppers actually work rather well, but if your mattress is old (8 years or older) you might as well save up and get a new one

Budget wise I don't get it, but maybe you've seen toppers that are a better deal.

Warning on mattress shopping. No reason really to ever pay more than 30-35% of retail MSRP. Just bought Aidan a new Twin XL that retailed for $589 for $167.

Hmmm, I suppose I need to take the little lady and go mattress shopping.

We gotta do the same when we get home.

Sean, how do you get the price dropped so much? Every place I go seems to want MSRP or maybe 100 less.

J

That's absurd. Normally I ask how much and the answer is normally $5k, but I can get you a better price. How much? $2k. Ouch, too much. Okay $1500

Easiest sales people to negotiate with ever IMO.

Peng has it wrong though, it is because they are crappy that they give you one for 2/3 off

I'd guess so.

$300-500 for a queen isn't enough.

which is the major reason my parents went with a 100% latex mattress the last time they bought one; mighty damned good too, no craters/holes

I hate latex mattresses. God awful to sleep on.

Any of you guys know anything about mattress toppers? Looking to get one for the bed and have no clue what to look for/stay away from.

Didn't think they did squat. Why not a new mattress if you are having troubles?

I was thinking along the same lines. To me, they are really only useful when the mattress can not be changed. (i.e. Dorm) or I guess if you were in a money pinch

Fuck that, I brought my own mattress to the dorm and put their shit in storage. No fucking way.

Man i LOVE my mattress in the dorm. I wish i could take it to my house!

memory foam toppers actually work rather well, but if your mattress is old (8 years or older) you might as well save up and get a new one

Budget wise I don't get it, but maybe you've seen toppers that are a better deal.

Warning on mattress shopping. No reason really to ever pay more than 30-35% of retail MSRP. Just bought Aidan a new Twin XL that retailed for $589 for $167.

Hmmm, I suppose I need to take the little lady and go mattress shopping.

We gotta do the same when we get home.

Sean, how do you get the price dropped so much? Every place I go seems to want MSRP or maybe 100 less.

J

That's absurd. Normally I ask how much and the answer is normally $5k, but I can get you a better price. How much? $2k. Ouch, too much. Okay $1500

Easiest sales people to negotiate with ever IMO.

I gotta do more research this time. Then again this time around I have $$$ I can spend and time to look.

J

So I am still waiting for pictures from Transworld Haunt Convention. You would think that with all these smart phones my crew has they would not make me wait to see all the new things! I sent them all a message to get off of FB and either post some vid and pictures or send them to me!

I sleep on one too. My roomate does, there is one in my spare bedroom. Another old roomate got one too. 2 friends got one from me also, and then their parents did. 2/3 of the guys who I sold beds with do too.

I sold quite a bit..... maybe 15% of my sales(by volume) were from their product. That says a lot as their price isn't the lowest. I believed in what they made when I was selling beds.

I honestly don't know the new line up. I would look at them first if I was shopping again though.

What was the problem?

Other than cosmetically was there a problem?

I honestly don't know the new line up. I would look at them first if I was shopping again though.

Are you still happy with your bed? I love mine, helps with joint pain nicely.