mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

At the same time, the biggest misconception in cars seem to be that Honda's are reliable. All of my friends who have ever owned one have been screwed by repairs.

While untrue years ago, this is definitely true over the last 10 or 15 years. We have been making a lot of money off them lately.

The sx-wifey's civic didn't give us any problems. Then again, there was nothing to break.

does anyone else ever notice that people with escalades or Cadillac or tahoes are not very good at picking screen names, and more then offten its LACON24s or ladeon28s or tahoe on 29s or shitforbrainson42s

Is best.

Makes me want to get a hoe!

#hoproblems

does anyone else ever notice that people with escalades or Cadillac or tahoes are not very good at picking screen names, and more then offten its LACON24s or ladeon28s or tahoe on 29s or shitforbrainson42s

Is best.

Makes me want to get a hoe!

#hoproblems

If you own a tahoe that would be correct.

Interesting. The position I applied for I was told my resume was too light for and they weren't interested a week ago. Got a call back yesterday saying I am one of the top 6 finalists for the position....and I haven't even interviewed yet. That happens tomorrow.

boss.jpg

Did you end up going with that resume, or the condensed four page one? :P

Weekend? As in days without work?

What the heck is that?

It's called well earned and deserved time off.

J

Sickening that in this country, it is the first holiday in nearly 2 months, followed by another 2 month drought. Haha, not like I take days off anyway. Doh.gif

You should see how many holidays we have here...

Okay I reset the dsp, and still no luck.

Originally i did tweeters on out1,2 and woofers on out3,4. Then figured since out1,2 and out3,4 are already grouped together for the delay/gain/rms page, it made more sense to do out1 left tweeter, out2, left woofer, out3 right tweeter, out4 right woofer. Although it shouldn't really matter since you can switch tabs and edit any driver.

Even if I mixed up the rca inputs on the amp, that would mean balancing to the left would yield some speaker to play, and to the right to do the same, even if it's flipped, or partial (tweeter, but not woofer).

So as of right now if I got 15 to the L, it sounds the same as 0, and 15 to the R kills all sound.

if I mute input 1 or input 2 on the input gain tab, then all sound is muted.

Edited by stefanhinote

Interesting. The position I applied for I was told my resume was too light for and they weren't interested a week ago. Got a call back yesterday saying I am one of the top 6 finalists for the position....and I haven't even interviewed yet. That happens tomorrow.

Good luck !

Not at all what I meant by issues. I was referring to things you think are not right or could be better. My list gets huge in a GM and not so much so in other cars.

I guess it is all really a perspective thing. I look at the vehicles everyone here thinks are so great and I think "what a pile of shit". But I get to work on these cars. I see them with hundreds of thousands of miles on them, and I see the associated repair bills and maintenance costs. I see how they hold up, how well they are really engineered, and how those "cheap looking" plastic interiors hold up when compared to their wrapped brethren.

I drive all Buick cars, and Nissan trucks. I don't want the high costs associated with bullshit cars that look pretty, but are substantive crap. I don't want to have to come home only to fix my cars, and if I have to, I want it to be easy. [/rant]

The wrapped cars require some pre-thought before purchase. The cheapest 2 cars I've ever owned for maintenance were both M type BMW's.

And of course right now I get to drive something work leases for me and picks up the service. I only pay for repairs & tires, but the certified bumper to bumper takes care of everything but the tires.

As for the substantive crap, I'm curious what tops your list.

The biggest BS on the road? VW/Audi. One of the biggest disappointments from my perspective is Infinity.

I can see the Silverado being a burner. They suffer high cost failures, like fuel pumps and cats, older models had issues with water pumps and intake manifolds. I have seen some that eat distributors like they were candy. While I generally prefer GM, I wouldn't own a Chevy V8 truck, unless it was a big block. I am not really a truck fan myself though. I hate working on them, I hate driving them, and they are all pieces of shit. Fords have got to be the worst. Their 3 valve head issues, and coil failures are a nightmare. Camshafts locking up, timing chains falling apart, GEM module failures, rear ends coming apart. I would rather eat Pamela Anderson's blown out hepatitis loaded ass then own a Ford truck.

Euros are general junk from a wrench's perspective. Failure rates today are through the roof. Stupid shit like MAF boots falling apart, and they cost a fortune. All their rubber is awful (now we know why Chrysler has so many issues with EVAP hoses falling apart!), and their diagnostic strategy is retarded. The information they offer us is a joke. Their guided fault finding is an insult to a real technician's intelligence, and it leads to the wrong conclusion 50% of the time. Note to German engineers, not everyone working on a car has an education level equivalent to your second grader! Their electronics are horrible, with constant MAF failures, and big ticket items like drive by wire throttle body failures all the time.

As a general rule I find most vehicles to be disappointments. I love getting into G35s and seeing the entire interior falling apart around me. You paid what for this POS? But I am a cynic.

Totally understand how you feel coming from your POV. I have always loved VW's, would love a AWD Golf-R, but I cannot subject myself to the cheap materials, along with horrible reliability. So maybe VW is a good car to lease, as in unload it at 40k before everything falls to crap.

Well..... I cannot say I completely agree. The fit and finishbof the golf or jetta is better than every GM comparable IMHO. Locally the volkswagen community is huge. So I can get a mechanic to instal performance parts cheeper than I could just buy parts on anything comparable.

It is an isolated thing but I know I could own and fix a golf and pim p it out for less than the GM or ford alternatives. But again I just know the right audi/volkswagen people.

Jon Stewart's coverage of the RNC this week is fucking hilarious

Jon Stewart's coverage of the RNC this week is fucking hilarious

YOU'RE THE NEWS! YOU ARE!

i laughed out loud at that resume it fit him so well, and i could see him handing it over,

IT guys got me a SSD in my work computer, under 13 seconds to fully load AutoCad 2011, or 18 seconds to load Solidworks 2010.

IT guys got me a SSD in my work computer, under 13 seconds to fully load AutoCad 2011, or 18 seconds to load Solidworks 2010.

What brand and model?

Weekend? As in days without work?

What the heck is that?

It's called well earned and deserved time off.

J

Sickening that in this country, it is the first holiday in nearly 2 months, followed by another 2 month drought. Haha, not like I take days off anyway. Doh.gif

You should see how many holidays we have here...

Norway/Sweden/Finland all have many more holidays then the USA, they have much higher productivity rate than American workers and they have much greater scholastic scores and longer life span.......

I just got my 2 new gfx cards in today. Trying to figure out if I should go 4 core hyperthreaded Ivy Bridge, or the 6 core hyperthreaded Sandy Bridge - E. I have to do more reading on socket type and the future for them. Also what will provide me better through put for sending info to the GFX cards. Less channels on PCI Xpres 3 or more on xpres 3.

But then I will be doing an SSD raid. Have one smaller one to house windows and then run a couple 250's maybe, or less striped.

My old machine was built to be a server, so it will go to my wife to watch Streaming TV on the LCD in the living room and serve all the media.

Not at all what I meant by issues. I was referring to things you think are not right or could be better. My list gets huge in a GM and not so much so in other cars.

I guess it is all really a perspective thing. I look at the vehicles everyone here thinks are so great and I think "what a pile of shit". But I get to work on these cars. I see them with hundreds of thousands of miles on them, and I see the associated repair bills and maintenance costs. I see how they hold up, how well they are really engineered, and how those "cheap looking" plastic interiors hold up when compared to their wrapped brethren.

I drive all Buick cars, and Nissan trucks. I don't want the high costs associated with bullshit cars that look pretty, but are substantive crap. I don't want to have to come home only to fix my cars, and if I have to, I want it to be easy. [/rant]

The wrapped cars require some pre-thought before purchase. The cheapest 2 cars I've ever owned for maintenance were both M type BMW's.

And of course right now I get to drive something work leases for me and picks up the service. I only pay for repairs & tires, but the certified bumper to bumper takes care of everything but the tires.

As for the substantive crap, I'm curious what tops your list.

The biggest BS on the road? VW/Audi. One of the biggest disappointments from my perspective is Infinity.

I can see the Silverado being a burner. They suffer high cost failures, like fuel pumps and cats, older models had issues with water pumps and intake manifolds. I have seen some that eat distributors like they were candy. While I generally prefer GM, I wouldn't own a Chevy V8 truck, unless it was a big block. I am not really a truck fan myself though. I hate working on them, I hate driving them, and they are all pieces of shit. Fords have got to be the worst. Their 3 valve head issues, and coil failures are a nightmare. Camshafts locking up, timing chains falling apart, GEM module failures, rear ends coming apart. I would rather eat Pamela Anderson's blown out hepatitis loaded ass then own a Ford truck.

Euros are general junk from a wrench's perspective. Failure rates today are through the roof. Stupid shit like MAF boots falling apart, and they cost a fortune. All their rubber is awful (now we know why Chrysler has so many issues with EVAP hoses falling apart!), and their diagnostic strategy is retarded. The information they offer us is a joke. Their guided fault finding is an insult to a real technician's intelligence, and it leads to the wrong conclusion 50% of the time. Note to German engineers, not everyone working on a car has an education level equivalent to your second grader! Their electronics are horrible, with constant MAF failures, and big ticket items like drive by wire throttle body failures all the time.

As a general rule I find most vehicles to be disappointments. I love getting into G35s and seeing the entire interior falling apart around me. You paid what for this POS? But I am a cynic.

Totally understand how you feel coming from your POV. I have always loved VW's, would love a AWD Golf-R, but I cannot subject myself to the cheap materials, along with horrible reliability. So maybe VW is a good car to lease, as in unload it at 40k before everything falls to crap.

Well..... I cannot say I completely agree. The fit and finishbof the golf or jetta is better than every GM comparable IMHO. Locally the volkswagen community is huge. So I can get a mechanic to instal performance parts cheeper than I could just buy parts on anything comparable.

It is an isolated thing but I know I could own and fix a golf and pim p it out for less than the GM or ford alternatives. But again I just know the right audi/volkswagen people.

I never said anything about fit or finish. ;) Just about some of the materials and reliability. ;)

I know you didn't. I was just addressing that for me since the fit and finish is better and "I know a guy" the materials/parts/labor make the golf one of my prime choices for smaller FWD vehicles. If I could afford to get rid of her cobalt I would in a heart beat.

and the R32 holds its value. Stupid effing car. I would get a GTI for the wife and an R32 for me and pimp that power plant until it was a fire breather.

I know you didn't. I was just addressing that for me since the fit and finish is better and "I know a guy" the materials/parts/labor make the golf one of my prime choices for smaller FWD vehicles. If I could afford to get rid of her cobalt I would in a heart beat.

Oh yeah, their interiors are excellent in that regard. :)

cc.jpg Edited by bigjon