mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

and the R32 holds its value. Stupid effing car. I would get a GTI for the wife and an R32 for me and pimp that power plant until it was a fire breather.

The Golf-R is supposed to surpass the R32.

IT guys got me a SSD in my work computer, under 13 seconds to fully load AutoCad 2011, or 18 seconds to load Solidworks 2010.

What brand and model?

Not a clue, 256gig is all I know, the IT folks ordered a whole bunch and got one for me, but knowing who they are, they didn't get the bottom of the barrel items. :)

Okay I reset the dsp, and still no luck.

Originally i did tweeters on out1,2 and woofers on out3,4. Then figured since out1,2 and out3,4 are already grouped together for the delay/gain/rms page, it made more sense to do out1 left tweeter, out2, left woofer, out3 right tweeter, out4 right woofer. Although it shouldn't really matter since you can switch tabs and edit any driver.

Even if I mixed up the rca inputs on the amp, that would mean balancing to the left would yield some speaker to play, and to the right to do the same, even if it's flipped, or partial (tweeter, but not woofer).

So as of right now if I got 15 to the L, it sounds the same as 0, and 15 to the R kills all sound.

if I mute input 1 or input 2 on the input gain tab, then all sound is muted.

i thought i remember there being some problem similar to this on another forum. might have been a problem with the plug-in. doubt i'll find the thread.. probably buried in someone's build log.

might be worth opening a thread on the minidsp forum, seems like they responds to problems quickly.

Our country needs a leader with a huuuuuuge wang.

oh so that's why we elected the black guy.. gotcha :)

I just got my 2 new gfx cards in today. Trying to figure out if I should go 4 core hyperthreaded Ivy Bridge, or the 6 core hyperthreaded Sandy Bridge - E. I have to do more reading on socket type and the future for them. Also what will provide me better through put for sending info to the GFX cards. Less channels on PCI Xpres 3 or more on xpres 3.

But then I will be doing an SSD raid. Have one smaller one to house windows and then run a couple 250's maybe, or less striped.

My old machine was built to be a server, so it will go to my wife to watch Streaming TV on the LCD in the living room and serve all the media.

i haven't followed this stuff in a while. my pc is about 3 years old now. i regret not selling or parting it out after winning it.

still runs games close to maxed out at 2048x1152.

this is what they did with $2500 in fall 09

http://www.tomshardw...g-amd,2415.html

shame they didn't go with an i7 but i cant be too picky, haha

edit: alittle info on new cpu's

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

seems like ivy bridge is the way to go if your running multi gpu's

Edited by lithium

IT guys got me a SSD in my work computer, under 13 seconds to fully load AutoCad 2011, or 18 seconds to load Solidworks 2010.

What brand and model?

Not a clue, 256gig is all I know, the IT folks ordered a whole bunch and got one for me, but knowing who they are, they didn't get the bottom of the barrel items. smile.png

That's exactly why I am asking. One does not order a bunch of SSDs without knowing some stuff. :)

Originally i did tweeters on out1,2 and woofers on out3,4. Then figured since out1,2 and out3,4 are already grouped together for the delay/gain/rms page, it made more sense to do out1 left tweeter, out2, left woofer, out3 right tweeter, out4 right woofer. Although it shouldn't really matter since you can switch tabs and edit any driver.

Even if I mixed up the rca inputs on the amp, that would mean balancing to the left would yield some speaker to play, and to the right to do the same, even if it's flipped, or partial (tweeter, but not woofer).

So as of right now if I got 15 to the L, it sounds the same as 0, and 15 to the R kills all sound.

i thought i remember there being some problem similar to this on another forum. might have been a problem with the plug-in. doubt i'll find the thread.. probably buried in someone's build log.

might be worth opening a thread on the minidsp forum, seems like they responds to problems quickly.

Yeah I posted earlier, and one person asked about the mixer settings, but im pretty sure that requires the mixer plugin which I don't have.

What brand and model?

Not a clue, 256gig is all I know, the IT folks ordered a whole bunch and got one for me, but knowing who they are, they didn't get the bottom of the barrel items. smile.png

That's exactly why I am asking. One does not order a bunch of SSDs without knowing some stuff. :)

Only 2 controlers that I know of One is more in tune with compressed data and the other is more for uncompressed. Im not sure if this has changed but im fairly certain it is.

Interesting. The position I applied for I was told my resume was too light for and they weren't interested a week ago. Got a call back yesterday saying I am one of the top 6 finalists for the position....and I haven't even interviewed yet. That happens tomorrow.

Too light, what do they mean by that?

Good luck!

I didn't fulfill their requirements. Actually none of them, lol

They aren't grouped like you are reading it, look again...

They aren't grouped like you are reading it, look again...

By default, Input 1 goes to Output 1&3, while input 2 goes to channel 2&4.

Just read that in the manual. So right now I have it mixed up, but that would still mean that muting input 1 would mute left tweeter and right tweeter, and the woofers would still play, and they do not.

It's raining now, so not trying anything until it dies down.

I just got my 2 new gfx cards in today. Trying to figure out if I should go 4 core hyperthreaded Ivy Bridge, or the 6 core hyperthreaded Sandy Bridge - E. I have to do more reading on socket type and the future for them. Also what will provide me better through put for sending info to the GFX cards. Less channels on PCI Xpres 3 or more on xpres 3.

But then I will be doing an SSD raid. Have one smaller one to house windows and then run a couple 250's maybe, or less striped.

My old machine was built to be a server, so it will go to my wife to watch Streaming TV on the LCD in the living room and serve all the media.

i haven't followed this stuff in a while. my pc is about 3 years old now. i regret not selling or parting it out after winning it.

still runs games close to maxed out at 2048x1152.

this is what they did with $2500 in fall 09

http://www.tomshardw...g-amd,2415.html

shame they didn't go with an i7 but i cant be too picky, haha

edit: alittle info on new cpu's

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-4.html

seems like ivy bridge is the way to go if your running multi gpu's

I love toms hardware. IB looks to be the way to go... but 12 logic cores are kinda nifty.

Mattress saleslady refused to budge from MSRP for the mattress. Dafuq? Never seen that happen before.

Edited by Penguin4x4

Mattress saleslady refused to budge from MSRP for the mattress. Dafuq? Never seen that happen before.

Wrong store.

Went next door (literally) and the price dropped $1200. Imagine that.

See? It does pay for me to go mattress shopping with you.

Cleared the unit.

I tried:

input 1 (left) = output 1,3 1=left tweeter 3=left woofer

input 2 (right) = output 2,4 2=right tweeter 4=right woofer

and it's still doing the same thing.

With the balance set to zero:

input 1 selected, music on both sides.

input 2 selected, music on both sides.

input 1 selected, muted = no sound at all

input 2 selected, muted = no sound at all

With the balance set all the way to the left:

input 1 selected, music on both sides.

input 1 selected, muted = no sound at all.

Edited by stefanhinote