mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

That's a terrible leash.

Just noticed your msn / aim Aaron: superfly. :P

086ce8fbe68ce9d48abe26de0617fa616c2e508c_m.jpg

I see what you did there.

1YnMs.jpg

that is the most bad ass dog leash i have ever seen and if i had a dog i would really want one!

1YnMs.jpg

that is the most bad ass dog leash i have ever seen and if i had a dog i would really want one!

i think it would be even better if it were used as a kid lease.

Edited by lithium

I had mini Tonka trucks...

They used to be built right on the lake :) Well okay, not quite right on the lake but less than a block away and the tower had great views of it. They got too big though and had to move.

1YnMs.jpg

i think it would be even better if it were used as a kid lease.

And now you know why I asked where to get one :D

I need a tail light, any ideas? Thought since you guys like pics I'd just post the thread I am about to post on the IQR Forum

***********************************************************************************************************************************

New owner of an 07 IQR. Looking for idea’s on a couple things. The sled is trail converted and will be ridden 95% of the time in the MN/WI flatlands. (details on the sled in the next post)

First thing I need is a tail light. The stock one is hidden by the Mountain Addiction gas can rack. Long term I’d like to install a larger hidden cooler in the tunnel and move the rack forward, but that is a next summer project. I’ve searched for threads on custom bumpers with LED’s or other similar configurations and haven’t come up with any good ideas. You guys have any?

IMG_0728_zpsd4d77967.jpg

IMG_0721_zpsc1dd8b7d.jpg

*Gas rack is mounted to an aluminum plate bolted to the tunnel*

I also need some plastic to make a vent. One of my vents is missing. Any ideas on what sort of thin black plastic I could use?

The Coolant Y coming off the motor was plugged, but leaks a bit onto the block. What is the best way to block off this second coolant path?

Details on the sled:

Drivetrain:

Carl’s 660HO: Original owner bought the sled new in 2007 along with a 600HO. 600HO was sent to Carl’s before installation. The cylinders and case's are fully ported and the sled runs on 87 octane pump gas. (440 was sold off with zero miles.)

~2500mi on 660 and chassis

40MM Carbs

Oil injection

Dyno Port Single Pipe/Can that is ceramic coated

Perc (Reverse)

Koso EGT's – set to flash at 1250

Digital Eng Temp Gauge

Carb Setup for MN (1000’): Main 380, Needle #3, Pilots 50, Fuel 1 turn out from sealed

Clutch setup: Maroon EPI 185/320, 10/62 EPI Belly Buster’s, Black/White Secondary 160/260, 62-42-36

Gearing: 21/41 with 74p chain

Shocks are stock 2007 with stock springs

Body:

11.5 Trail tank

Rox Hand Guards

Black C&A Razors

Brad's 1.5" Shortened Spindles

Studded Ripsaw 1.25”

Mountain Addiction track rack (2 1.3 gal gas cans)

Argyle wrap

Pictures as purchased:

Resampled_2011-11-18_12-03-01_64_zps96839236.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-18_11-53-51_367_zps45dfe688.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-18_12-02-36_790_zpsc4d77158.jpg

Pre-wrap:

IQr660_as_was_zpsa92e3acd.jpg

Current Projects:

Fly/Rox 5.5”-8.25” Riser (I’m 6’7” and 220lbs) – haven’t ordered cable extensions yet as the riser is in the mail

Sticker removal/clean up of tunnel

Storage additions: map bag, wps goggle bag, large clutch cover bag

Shocks are at Deycore being revalved for the trail, switching to 130# white springs

Scratchers being added

GPS/Phone mount

New tail light

I’m very open to anything else you guys would recommend that I do including cosmetic comments :)

Bummer is I actually prefer the white hood. Oh, well, once I polish up the tunnel, change the springs to white, yank the stickers, and get rid of the red hyfax it'll look a lot better.

clear gas cans?

IMG_0728_zpsd4d77967.jpg

Might have to spend my lunch money.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5aea17a30e

I want to know what you are eating for lunch!

I had to chuckle. Hope you are doing well today, bud.

I know Stefan and a few other's asked about my Tuesday. I got my request from the administrative review board. I will be allowed to stay in, and move forward towards medical retirement. Hopefully it won't take long, but I know how this process goes. Either way I am ready to deal with what I have to do.

One monkey off my back, and about four more to go.

Thanks for the support guys!!!

J

I guess I missed something. You can tell me to fuck off if you don't care to share (sometimes we like to keep our personal shit personal, and I can dig that) but I was wondering what happened?

I have been in some trouble because of certain habits I have/had, and my tendency to be a tad... aggressive is the word I'll use here. What I have read the past few days makes me believe you might have recently dealt with issues I have dealt with in the past. Alcohol, cocaine, and happy fists have gotten me in some trouble in the past. Fortunately for me I have found didtching the cocaine and buying better whiskey makes me more of a happy drunk.

Alcohol seems to be the common problem 'solver' for the moment being. Basically the run down of what has been going on is like this

-Un-certainty as to how I would be leaving the Army

-Watching my marriage fall apart

-Having other people step in to help with everything only to turn their backs for one reason or another

-Being put in a tough spot over trying to help two friends who split up because I helped the female side first since she reached out first

-Not knowing for certain where I want to move once I am out, just knowing it IS NOT back home

I have had substance issues in the past (LONG AGO) and I am doing what I have to to keep those demons gone, among other past issues. I am just finding it difficult to keep the past in the past, and the current issues are making it even more difficult. No I am not trying to be an 'emo' little bitch about it and cry like a 3 year old little girl with a skinned knee. At the same time, I am trying to vent out frustrations at the way things have turned out. I realize the boat I am in is due to situations I have allowed myself to be in and decisions I have made there of. I am not looking for sympathy. Every decision right or wrong in the long run, is one I have made on my own for my own reasons.

Now its just figuring out what all these decisions add up to, and where they will take me. It's part of the price a person pays for being a 'I wish I had not done this/that' instead of 'I wish I had taken that chance'.

J

Well, FWIW...

Not sure how long you have been in, but you need to worry about the military and their choice with dismissal, albeit medical, honorable, or dishonorable discharge. I feel that a huge issue with that is government is trying to keep cuts in with discharges. All I can say is, while I know you are not a religious man, I am, and I will be praying for the best.

Marriage is a difficult thing. It is born of emotion, and it ends or survives in emotion. I have been married twice. My first wife was killed by a drunk driver, and my second is still with me. We have been together for as long as most people here have been alive. But it is difficult. It is a very shaky relationship. But we have always tried to work on it. What the 2 of you decide to do is between the 2 of you. But a joke I heard, and one which rings true to marriage is: Do you know why the bride smiles as she is walking down the aisle? Because she knows she will never have to give another blowjob in her life. Marriage plays hell with a sex life. I know this is an issue with you. I have dealt with this for years, and in due time things iron themselves out. Is it worth it for you to deal with these times? That is up to you to decide. But the next broad will do the same. I promise you, pussy dries up with a ring. But eventually things work out.

People are cunts. I never place my trust or faith in anyone. It may make me seem bitter or angry or resentful, but it is a fact, and at my age I have no time for games. All you can do is be truthful. Be honest and respectful. Always remember that if someone fucks you once, they will fuck you again. Never give a person wiggle room, always stand firm. But always remember, everyone will fuck you if it is better for them to do so.

Who mattered most in that relationship? Who approached you first? She did, right? If he was your bro, I could see being there for him in his situation. But like I said above, be honest and respectful. She placed her trust in you, and you moved on her word. You were trusting, and respectful. Don't fuck the person you chose to side with. That person knows you are a respectful and trustworthy person. Good for you for standing your ground, and being man enough to stick to your guns. I'll trust you if you back me. Respect is the most honorable trait a person can have, and you didn't betray that. That is why I am proud to be a Buffalonian myself. We are all about respect.

I left Buffalo over 20 years ago. I am glad I did. I love my town, I loved my people... But it is a hole, bro. Move on. Find what you want out of life and decide on your locale from there. Do what will work best for you.

And the Admin board was because my Commander thought it was better to chapter out someone who has a known history of sleep issues (DEEP SLEEPER) who cannot seem to get that shit right all the time, than to allow him to Medically retire. Add in people perceiving my accent and gestures as an attitude (Predominately Italian, and from Buffalo, NY) and it adds up to being an issue.

Sad part is I have ALWAYS gotten along well with the Combat Arms (Field Artillery, Infantry, Rangers, Special Forces) guys like we were brothers from another mother. Get me with a group of Signal pussies, or shit there of, and I am fucked.

J

I am a dago from Buffalo too. Be who you are, and fuck anyone who doesn't like it. Be yourself, as long as it is not argumentative. I am all about "fuck you" (look at my hair, my beard, my attitude), but my superiors are my superiors. I got my ass whooped if I smarted off to my elders, and my superiors. But I was also taught to be me, and be in charge, if I am given the opportunity to do so.

Hopefully some of this is good advice. I have not had it fail me yet. But you are your own man with your own problems. Hopefully some of my words might be of some help, and hopefully you will advance in life because of one suggestion I offered here.

Prayers are with you, brother.

Ok let's see if I cover everything you said here.

First off thanks for the words of wisdom, encouragement and prayers. They mean a lot brother.

As for the relationship, she reached out first. She knew she needed someone to talk to. That's what I provided. He is working on trying to fix his issues and fix shit with her. He asked her to 'push me aside' so to speak while he does this. Reason being is he knows I am interested in her and have been for some time. She knows this too. Has a move been made? NO. Would it be made soon? Nope. But he's still nervous. Part of his nervousness is because he 'knows she can do better than me (him)' and such. I am not fucking either, because I REFUSE to choose sides. Its not my place.

With my marriage, its not just a lack of sex.Its lack of communication, lack of a desire to do a goddamn thing besides sit on her ass at home, lack of interest in anything besides work home, dinner and maybe a drink or two. Concert? NOPE. Movie? RARELY. It just turned into lil fights here and there and just got about sick of it. We talked about 'fixing' things but no real action on either part. Not to mention, for 'wanting to fix it' and three little words haven't been said for some time. It's just been down hill for some time, and I am sick of letting it drag me down with it.

As for my Medical Retirement, its an Honorable Discharge (guaranteed), I still get all earned benifits (VA Home Loan, VA Small Business Loan, etc) only uncertainty is the percentage of Disability from the Army, and the amount from VA. We have ball park guesses and if they are close, it should be a nice percentage just for my knee from the Army (about 20-25%, and then an additional 50% or so from the VA for a total of 70-75%. It still allows me to hold a job, but certainly helps with making certain the more important bills are always taken care of.

J

clear gas cans?

IMG_0728_zpsd4d77967.jpg

And clear gas too!

What about welding a bracket on the back bar behind the cans and mounting the light(s) onto the bar?

J

I have a three hour layover in Atlanta good thing my tab has built in 4G

Edited by Julian

Sean I too prefer the white, definitely the stickers need to go I like the white with black accents. POo

What about welding a bracket on the back bar behind the cans and mounting the light(s) onto the bar?

I haz no welder.

More concerned about what I can do tricky to make the light look cosmetic and what light it would be. Bolt on is nearly necessary.

I have a three hour layover in Atlanta good thing my tab has built in 4G

Atlanta has free wifi still don't they?

Hey J, hurry up and come get that therapy from a good friend already.biggrin.png

Argyle will stay this year, but perhaps not for next. Looking for another hood as selling mine would be better than altering it back.