mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Those same knuckleheads can buy a 55 gallon drum of deisel with no background check, and can rent a car with no checks either.

Purchasing more than 25 pounds of ammonium nitrate based fertilizer requires federal screening prior to sale, however.

Those same knuckleheads can buy a 55 gallon drum of deisel with no background check, and can rent a car with no checks either.

Purchasing more than 25 pounds of ammonium nitrate based fertilizer requires federal screening prior to sale, however.

Sure. But ammonium nitrate is just one way to skin a cat.

And you know just as much as I do that the internet knows much much much better ways.

polystyrene, ball bearings, and gasoline...

magnesium powder too, if you're feeling like a bastard...

I forget you are in Texas and will be your own country soon. I gotta watch what I say here in the land of the north.

new sub from dayton. looks nice

http://www.parts-exp...ign=email010313

Sure does.

Attractive, but curious as to why they use only a 2 layer, 2.5" coil. Large enclosure suggestions for the car audio crowd.

Sure does.

Attractive, but curious as to why they use only a 2 layer, 2.5" coil. Large enclosure suggestions for the car audio crowd.

I'm guessing due to the Chinese factory, ots parts. Do they make any drivers in the US anymore aside from the Titanics?

Then again, even the Titanics have ots chinese parts.

Sure does.

I'm guessing due to the Chinese factory, ots parts. Do they make any drivers in the US anymore aside from the Titanics?

Good question, those are still my favorite PE driver, then again I have not heard them all. The HF's are nice to my ears. ;)

Am doing big3 and works best to go from battery to alt and alt to amp. I don't see why that wouldn't work but would like input from someone?

I would hook it at the battery. The alt will have too much demand if you hook it right at the alt. It is best to feed from the reserve of the battery, and allow the ECU to make it's calculations based on the battery readings. In many cases there are inductive probes inline on the feed wires from the battery to the alt. So it is best to avoid linking downstream of the battery.

But he is doing the big 3 so I can't see any difference if connected to either.

The inductive probes read current. If you pull amplifier current from a charging stud on an alt it pulls reserve current to the alt through the inductive probe.

Burp your system and amp clamp the power wire to the amp. Next, burp the system and run the amp clamp between the alt and battery. Get back to me with the results wink.png. Even running the big 3 you have the current load increased exponentially through the main alt feed if you attach the amp power to the alternator on the factory line. You can almost think of battery reserve as a shock absorber.

I still can't understand how with the proper gauge and length wires done for the big 3, there will be a difference between connecting to the battery or the alternator. How will there be any difference when it's like one big continuous wire and it's just either of the sources connected first then second? With the big 3 added to the picture I see it as a singular wire that all the power is passing through. Both the alternator and the battery are on that wire. At which end you attach the wire that goes into your amp is no different than the other. If you connect to the battery it's just like you used an extension that connects to the alternator.

Am doing big3 and works best to go from battery to alt and alt to amp. I don't see why that wouldn't work but would like input from someone?

I would hook it at the battery. The alt will have too much demand if you hook it right at the alt. It is best to feed from the reserve of the battery, and allow the ECU to make it's calculations based on the battery readings. In many cases there are inductive probes inline on the feed wires from the battery to the alt. So it is best to avoid linking downstream of the battery.

But he is doing the big 3 so I can't see any difference if connected to either.

The inductive probes read current. If you pull amplifier current from a charging stud on an alt it pulls reserve current to the alt through the inductive probe.

Burp your system and amp clamp the power wire to the amp. Next, burp the system and run the amp clamp between the alt and battery. Get back to me with the results wink.png. Even running the big 3 you have the current load increased exponentially through the main alt feed if you attach the amp power to the alternator on the factory line. You can almost think of battery reserve as a shock absorber.

I still can't understand how with the proper gauge and length wires done for the big 3, there will be a difference between connecting to the battery or the alternator. How will there be any difference when it's like one big continuous wire and it's just either of the sources connected first then second? With the big 3 added to the picture I see it as a singular wire that all the power is passing through. Both the alternator and the battery are on that wire. At which end you attach the wire that goes into your amp is no different than the other. If you connect to the battery it's just like you used an extension that connects to the alternator.

The battery acts as a buffer/filter if you will. It will keep voltage and current steady. It can suuplt instant current as needed, where as if you hook it directly to the alt, you are asking the alt to do this job. The alt will then ramp up current and keep it there.

Ask yourself why the manufacturers hook there fuse panels to the battery versus the alt.

The dislike option is back!

:woot: I can neg everything you post.

JK. :P

I turned it back on in a trial period.

woot.gif I can neg everything you post.

JK. tongue.png

I deserve it.

Please bring back high resolution avatars.

If closing my finger in the door was not bad enough, today I smashed my thumb in the door and blood went everywhere. Not the best start to the work day.

yeah now the young bucks will run around mad at me and marking everything i say negitive even if its not poor advice or rude..... 16K used to mark everything i said negitive just because.. he was mad at me

yeah now the young bucks will run around mad at me and marking everything i say negitive even if its not poor advice or rude..... 16K used to mark everything i said negitive just because.. he was mad at me

That's what I'm looking forward to! :P

Yes!

Yes!