mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

The Lexus install has begin. What a headache already. Have a epicenter 150 to tie into the factory stereo...Located the factory sub for signal but its duel 2ohm so am trying to get to factory amp and get signal before amp. Trolled the net for an hr and couldn't find an answer to what wires... Something about a digital signal. So am thinking unhook factory sub and just use one 2 ohm leg for signal. What do you guys think? Other question... Am doing big3 and works best to go from battery to alt and alt to amp. I don't see why that wouldn't work but would like input from someone?

I would hook it at the battery. The alt will have too much demand if you hook it right at the alt. It is best to feed from the reserve of the battery, and allow the ECU to make it's calculations based on the battery readings. In many cases there are inductive probes inline on the feed wires from the battery to the alt. So it is best to avoid linking downstream of the battery.

Thanks Seth. The run of wire I had was only long enough to reach from the alt to the amp. I guess I'll have to splice and add a few feet.

I have wired the power for the fuse box directly to the alt with aftermarket wiring harnesses (painless wiring) as the directions called for it.But was on non computerized vehicles. Makes sence with the ECU.

My Honda ECU shuts the alt off at the strangest times... Usually right after a burp?

6234650_700b.jpg Edited by stefanhinote

goyou.gif

I finally bought a 3M painting mask, to use when I lay fiberglass and sand. The fit is excellent, can't wait to test it out today when sanding :D

So it seems when I get back I should have 90% of what I need for my Mac Mini CarPC setup, bought my USB touch screen, IR repeater, misc. cords, and the power inverter just now. Only 300~$ deep.. Not bad at all.

Mac ? A Mac ? Did you hit your head or something ?

I myself am not a huge fan of Mac, but for the size, price, and the compatibility it's hard to beat. I got one for less than 120 shipped with a 250gb hdd, bt, and wifi.

I have actually thought about doing something similar in the RX8.

I finally bought a 3M painting mask, to use when I lay fiberglass and sand. The fit is excellent, can't wait to test it out today when sanding :D/>

Should be sweet for cutting and routering MDF too!

Am doing big3 and works best to go from battery to alt and alt to amp. I don't see why that wouldn't work but would like input from someone?

I would hook it at the battery. The alt will have too much demand if you hook it right at the alt. It is best to feed from the reserve of the battery, and allow the ECU to make it's calculations based on the battery readings. In many cases there are inductive probes inline on the feed wires from the battery to the alt. So it is best to avoid linking downstream of the battery.

But he is doing the big 3 so I can't see any difference if connected to either.

I finally bought a 3M painting mask, to use when I lay fiberglass and sand. The fit is excellent, can't wait to test it out today when sanding biggrin.png/>

Should be sweet for cutting and routering MDF too!

Thank God for dust collectors on the router. I can router in closed spaces and barely make any dust. I've been using the dust collector for almost 2 years now :)

Today I've cut some MDF, sanded a box and had a small gas leak on the moped. My nose couldn't detect anything through the mask. And it also doesn't steam up my glasses, which is the most important thing.

All in all, a well spent $45

Am doing big3 and works best to go from battery to alt and alt to amp. I don't see why that wouldn't work but would like input from someone?

I thought the same thing with the big three.

The inductive probes read current. If you pull amplifier current from a charging stud on an alt it pulls reserve current to the alt through the inductive probe.

Burp your system and amp clamp the power wire to the amp. Next, burp the system and run the amp clamp between the alt and battery. Get back to me with the results wink.png. Even running the big 3 you have the current load increased exponentially through the main alt feed if you attach the amp power to the alternator on the factory line. You can almost think of battery reserve as a shock absorber.

I am no car audio guru but you REALLY want to amp it off the battery.

There is a 10 round magazine limit being pushed right now...... I'm going to take a moment from my normal insanity to make you guys aware.

I'm passing this web link on to all my friends at SSA, or an email to your congressmen, senators, and the prez to say no to ANY form of an increase in gun control. This isn't something I coppied and pasted from some other website. I also wrote this to my friends. I know many don't want guns around. Then make your voice heard, and use the link too if you wish. But I do think that the people who may love the 2nd amendment might need more help with finding out who, and how to email the people who matter the fastest. This is a good starts.

The first meeting of 2013 has an amendment to our constitution on it to ban magazines past 10 rounds. This means not only can you not buy them, but you won't be able to sell them, trade them, or give them. Once you die the gov takes them and disposes of them most likely. We have a fiscal cliff, we have healthcare issues, a huge war going on and the government is just using emotions from the shootings to make it's move. This is why this vote got pushed to the first meeting in 2013 even though it most certainly isn't in order of what came first in line. It is a ratification of the fabric that our country is built on. Even if you don't happen to believe in the 2nd amendment the action happening so quickly is impure at best and sinister at worst. It's praying on people when they hurt, and on the mentally unstable.

I don't care to argue the fact the FBI, ATF and many other 3 letter .gov groups have discussed that no amount of gun control will stop gun violence. And even that no guns will not reduce violent crime or the livability of said violent crime. What is sad is that this is being pushed through with brute force while people hurt, because when people are thinking clearly they may not feel that this law will do any good. They want a safety blanket. Shame on the government to take advantage of those who are mourning.

Fight as hard as when the 1st amendment was under attack. SOPA, RIAA, any of the other issues that the last SEVERAL administrations have pushed down onto us should fall just as this should.

Please send this like to anyone you like. I would ask you don't forward but write your own thoughts to the people you send this to. If you want to use what I said, do so, but don't give me credit. Be polite, be civil, but make sure that they understand if they vote for gun control, they will never ever get your vote again, and those that will fight to keep the 2nd amendment will garner every vote and dollar of fund raising that you give.

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/mail/?alertid=61046526&type=ML

This is one of the most well put statistical peices I have seen. I don't know this guys agenda, but this little video is really good.

Edited by dem beats

I like guns a lot. and I shoot a lot. All of my guns together are worth more than my home and vehicles combined. I personally dont see the need for a magazine that large. Even when hunting most states have a maximum of around 5 rounds. And if you need a magazine that big there better be a lot of people after you or you just don't need the gun in the first place.

The govnmt shouldn't make it illegal purely for the fact that all the people doing wrong are breaking the law anyway. If they want it bad enough they will get it.

I do however believe that the government should mandate that in order to purchase a gun you must recieve a consealed weapons permit and/or have a hunter's saftey course. Either of which can be obtained over a weekend of training.

You know I get what your saying Quentin, but the right to own guns has nothing to do with sport shooting or hunting. Those are just bi-products.

I see a reason for owning a magazine that large the same way I see owning a pick up truck, or car than can go faster than the speed limit. Not needed, but in no way should it ever be questioned that we should be allowed to own it.

A gun owners safety course makes sense. It would be really hard to enforce. And how do you define an age limit? You can be 16 and fly a plane under certain circumstances. You can be any age as far as I know if a liscenced person is there to take the controls ASAP..... I kind of like the idea of everyone going through a safety course. Maybe make it free to all citizens. Since it is one of our rights and not something that can be taken away unless we commit a crime that negates our rights.

The limit the .gov puts on guns only limits those that follow the law. Plain and simple. Since criminals don't follow laws, they are taking away the "right to defend against tyranny", to steal some big words, from the law abiding citizen.

That is all.

When you run out of criminals, the gov makes laws to make all men criminals. See my sig.

:-)

I agree. Just because I don't see the need doesn't mean I want the government to control it.

I got my hunter safety card on 09/09/95 (yes I still keep it in my pocket) so I just turned 11 years old. I got my concealed weapons pemit on 8/19/2009. If an 11 year old can be legally competant to handle a gun I don't see it being too hard for an adult doing it. Just look around at how many knukle heads you see every day. Do you really want them walking into a walmart and buying a Mosberg just because they have no prior record. We live in a world of Jersey Shore and the Kardashians, unfortunately we have the average joe walking the streets to thank for that, the same knuckle heads that see a AK youtube video and run and buy one bc they think its cool.

Those same knuckleheads can buy a 55 gallon drum of deisel with no background check, and can rent a car with no checks either.

That would cost less than a gun and a couple bullets and hurts many many many many more.

Again, I love the idea that we can stop gun violence. But I don't see how that can happen by any amount of checking. We might be able to reduce it with those things, but it will only turn the person who want's to hurt to another form of doing it.

The worse school tragedy was a gut who didn't get voted for and bombed a school in the turn of the century. IIRC.

We all have our own point of view, and I don't want to argue finite details. What I am saying is that a small group of purchasable politicians taking away actual rights from the framework of our nation is stupid. Especially in the wake of something that is so emotional. That is all.

I know itll never stop vilolence. I'd just hope it'll help the ignorant people from hurting themselves. I do a lot of work outside the U.S. and most of the "bad" places never have theft and such. Know why? Because eveyone's packing. Same reason why violence isnt as bad in the country. Yea the guy in the city might have a gun, but you can be be damn certain the redneck definantly has one.