mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Ryan: I'm looking into fox body mustangs now... I'm curious as to what a price range would be for a 5.0, 5spd, hardtop, good paint/int would be... I don't want a convertible, nor any rust, at all. I'm just kinda curious as to what a price range would be if you could estimate it for me.

Depends on the year, model, mileage, etc. . . Just like any other vehicle. . . .

Surprisingly, for as many as they had built, they hold their value rather well. It's RARE as hell to find one without any mods, which is how I like them, but you can also find some modded rather well for very cheap. My advice if you want to find a good one is to look on the major Mustang forums. You know most of those people are passionate about their vehicles and have taken good care of them. Kinda like buying audio equipment here. If you need any help with anything, just ask.

Ryan: I'm looking into fox body mustangs now... I'm curious as to what a price range would be for a 5.0, 5spd, hardtop, good paint/int would be... I don't want a convertible, nor any rust, at all. I'm just kinda curious as to what a price range would be if you could estimate it for me.

$5k and under depending on condition

Off to measure strain :D

I'm sure your way of doing it is way cooler than what we do in my unbelievably boring Solid Mechanics labs

Are you laying gauges?

booooo Ford :P

You see the quality report? Ford passed Toyota this year at 93% and the Toy's in the 80's. GM couldn't even break into the 50's...

I've had Genesis - The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway stuck in my head all morning.

Guess it could be worse, not a bad album.

Thanks for the info about the 'stangs. :)

So I skipped one of my classes and went in to talk to a professor about my idear of building a rail gun can smasher. I've got it pretty well figured out now about how exactly to do it. To cut down down on the amount of current needed it is going to be air assisted in order to get the can moving, then energize the power supply to accelerate the can.

While talking about the rail gun idea, we got talking about trebuchets, we came up with the idea of building the worlds largest one as a College of Engineering project. It would be the coolest thing EVER done in the university. It would be 100' tall, roughly 120tons of steel, and hurl a car ~1000'.

Thats the summation of my past hour and a half of scheming with one of the professors. :D

Basically build a big f'ing structure to hurl big f'ing things a long ways.

Off to measure strain :D

I'm sure your way of doing it is way cooler than what we do in my unbelievably boring Solid Mechanics labs

Are you laying gauges?

I've help lay more than one or two gauges on concrete specimens. :)

While talking about the rail gun idea, we got talking about trebuchets, we came up with the idea of building the worlds largest one as a College of Engineering project. It would be the coolest thing EVER done in the university. It would be 100' tall, roughly 120tons of steel, and hurl a car ~1000'.

Bah, make one that you can transport on flatbed(s) and take it to Delaware for the Pumpkin Chunkin' next year :D

How about making a pumpkin rail gun launcher? Make a casing for it, have the casing come apart after leaving the barrel....

Whats the record for launching a pumpkin?

Whats the record for launching a pumpkin?

Pretty damn far...

I haven't been to that site in a couple years, Google "Delaware Pumpkin' Chunkin'" or something of that nature and I bet you'll find it...

The anything-goes classes use big breechloading air cannons that shoot specially grown pumpkins, they're round and white...

We've got enough PhD's, and PE's here to make a Trebuchet that would dominate all at that PunkinChunkin competition. :)

Well, get off your ass, Halloween's almost here...

:P

Damn, supposed to be studying for my Calc III, and what am I doing, rail guns, trebuchets, and PunkinChuckin...

Crap.

Time for class now though. :(

I'm suppose to be doing something for english but I'm on the forums too :(

ya the pumpkin chuckin stuff is sweet seen it like twice on tv, and the nuematic cannons are the best!

Everybody needs a crazy project though...like someday I want to build a pair of 833A amps, but I have a feeling I'd cause a fire or kill myself first :(

discrete mathematics homework is on the group email.

i'll play the "i've got no internet connection and my friends told me yesterday evening, at classes" routine :)

500V of B+ with the SV811's was one thing, 2500V-3000V for those is something different...:D

ya the pumpkin chuckin stuff is sweet seen it like twice on tv, and the nuematic cannons are the best!

i think it's pneumatic :)

500V of B+ with the SV811's was one thing, 2500V-3000V for those is something different...:D

Jim, are you planning to build an electric chair or something like that ?