mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

If you were going to Oahu for a week and wanted to go fishing, what would it be for. Let's say I am going next Wednesday :)

Wahoo ( ono ) , Yellow fin tuna ( ahi ) , Dolphin fish ( mahi mahi ), pacific blue marlin, striped marlin , hell there is so much there I don't think I could make up my mind lol :)

Well We put a bid in on a house on friday, hopefully we hear from the owners today.

Well We put a bid in on a house on friday, hopefully we hear from the owners today.

good luck!

If you were going to Oahu for a week and wanted to go fishing, what would it be for. Let's say I am going next Wednesday :)

Wahoo ( ono ) , Yellow fin tuna ( ahi ) , Dolphin fish ( mahi mahi ), pacific blue marlin, striped marlin , hell there is so much there I don't think I could make up my mind lol :)

That is my problem as well. I'd love to go bone fishing, but don't have a large fly rod nor am I sure that I should invest in a guide for them the first time out with something larger than a 6 wt.

I'd really like to go for what is biting the best, but also would prefer light tackle as I fish left hand retrieve and would like to at least bring my own reels...don't really want to pack rods though.

Are you right handed , but fish left handed ? :)

good luck!

thanks!

Pretty exciting.

Yep. I don't believe in passing my rod from hand to hand so that I can reel. I cast with my right and reel with my left.

good luck!

thanks!

Pretty exciting.

Congrats, where abouts?

Yep. I don't believe in passing my rod from hand to hand so that I can reel. I cast with my right and reel with my left.

I fish the same way, I'm right handed but fish left handed. I feel I can set the hook stronger with my right arm as opposed to my left. :)

and out got a test in the am :(

Hope you come back with a negative result.

more of a positive i guess lol

forgot some but did alright i hope

should be an 80 or so

and it was a history test :eek5wavey:

I fish the same way, I'm right handed but fish left handed. I feel I can set the hook stronger with my right arm as opposed to my left. :)

Reeling is definitely the part I want my less trained arm on. The only time when this wouldn't be the case is for fishing for fast things like Muskie as if they take the bait and run towards the boat you need to take up line fast, but that isn't anywhere near a strong enough argument for me to use a right hand retrieve reel ever. Hell I actually can't use one, it turns me into a huge noob.

Me too lol , hand me a right handed casting reel and I'm lost. Hand me a right handed spinning reel, and I'm taking it apart to switch it :)

:turkey: :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

Me too lol , hand me a right handed casting reel and I'm lost. Hand me a right handed spinning reel, and I'm taking it apart to switch it :)

I tried to show my neighbor how to fish his spook Saturday with his right hand retrieve baitcaster and found it easier to reel sideways with my lefthand backwards than to do it with my right. Getting it to walk was easy, getting it to retrieve in between steps was nearly impossible. I felt retarded.

to comment of me and mikes surf fishing

it sucked pretty much

caught wanna say 3 or 4 hard heads (catfish)

and one speckled trout

but at least we saw some pretty ladies down there :)

:woot: for teh females. I went and helped out a couple chicks get there truck out of the sand. and while I was helping 2 other guys tried to pull up and steal the show. After I let them try and look like dumbasses I hooked up and pulled them out effortlessly. he he (Chevy>>>Ford ;))

Teh Womenz.... ended up being jailbait... in Daddy's truck...

but... they were still hot :D

Oh and go figure. every stuck vehicle I saw this weekend was driven by a woman.

Me=Not Suprised

hellz yea it is.

Tom got to experience the BIB's. :)