mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I speed like hell in Western KS, the cops are dumb and easy to spot. I wouldn't have expected a 76 in a 70 though, that is ridiculous.

I've been pulled over for 71 in a 65 before.

Did you get a ticket? Was it after bar close?

Either way it is Fitarded.

I got pulled over for doing 76 in a 50 and got cited for doing 70 does that count? lol

Did get pulled over once for 35 in a 30 cop let me go though, but I think it was only because I had a girl in the car.

Back on the healthy binge again... atleast as much as I can be

Did you get a ticket? Was it after bar close?

Written warning, and it was at like 5pm.

Hey Tom: You remember Erica? *the chick with the miniskirt and boots saturday night* I mentioned I'm going to the drag races on thursday, she got all excited and now I'm taking her to the drags, she is cool as shit. :)

The only other time I've been pulled over for speeding is 75 in a 65, turns out the insurance was out of date too.

Last time I was pulled over was suspicion of DUI and out of date tags, also insurance was out of date...

Everything is kept current just don't get the new forms in the vehicle... reoccuring trend maybe?

Never had to pay a fine for anything though. :)

So does anyone have any tips as what to do and not to do at the drag races for etiquette and what not?

:woot: racing. Just make sure to be prepared before getting in line. Nobody likes the dude who is in the way. Also triple check for leaks, they will piss people off as well.

What are you running?

Oh, and sold the Cajun yesterday. Took her for a wet test and was shocked at how quick she was out of the hole and how responsive. Makes the new Ranger seem a bit sluggish...until the midrange where the 250xs really lays the smack down. I think I am going to re-prop the Ranger after driving the two yesterday though. A bit more out of gun is better for my lake in particular since the speed limit is 40...it obviously won't matter whether the boat can only do 72 or 77.

So does anyone have any tips as what to do and not to do at the drag races for etiquette and what not?

Really depends on how strict your track is. Every evening they have a full crew of officials here to keep everyone safe ... which means everyone on the track is in long pants, you can't run your A/C. Don't drive through the water box unless you're running race tires or slicks. Figure out how to pre-stage and stage properly and you're set.

Run multiple passes and keep that b!tch WOT. You'll improve after a few runs.

No open toe shoes, full pants, no a/c, windows up. Like Steve said, no waterbox if you don't have the required tires, then stage & go. You'll have an inspection prior to running as well.

One last pic

bilsmallfi9.jpg

Funny they always say the two happiest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I don't feel that way at all. I'd like to keep both, but obviously that makes no sense. I would actually say yesterday was sad, it made me feel like I should have taken the boat out some so far this year.

The new one has SO much more fishing space though. :)

Don't know why I didn't take a side by side.

No open toe shoes, full pants, no a/c, windows up. Like Steve said, no waterbox if you don't have the required tires, then stage & go. You'll have an inspection prior to running as well.

Pretty much all that, and remember that everything will pass by too fast. You'll be leaving the tech inspection and the next thing you know you'll be picking up your time and you won't remember how well you reacted to the light :)

Also if your on street tires Just give the tires a little spin. A few rotations but not even enough to smoke them at all just to clean them off. You'll see other people roasting down there street tires, don't go out for drinks with them later because they can't afford it after all the new tires

Don't know why I didn't take a side by side.

I need to do that with The Z and Old Blue before we get rid of her

Sean, I'm running a '96 Seville SLS. It has the 275hp/300tq Northstar V8, FWD platform in it. Traction control will stay on unless I can figure out how to turn it off and get it to start in first gear (with off it'll start in second). As far as I know there are no leaks to piss anyone off either.

Pretty much all that, and remember that everything will pass by too fast. You'll be leaving the tech inspection and the next thing you know you'll be picking up your time and you won't remember how well you reacted to the light :)

Also if your on street tires Just give the tires a little spin. A few rotations but not even enough to smoke them at all just to clean them off. You'll see other people roasting down there street tires, don't go out for drinks with them later because they can't afford it after all the new tires

Sounds good guys, thanks for the info. :)

Sold my old boat today. When it rains it pours, been for sale for three weeks but had three offers today. The last two kept trying to up the price at the end they were $200 over what I was asking. I still kept my word and sold it to the first guy though. Too bad as it could have paid for dinner. 4 of us, sushi and $340 later...at the cheapest place in town. :Doh:

Where did you go?