mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

But hell, all you can drink beer and a game of poker is worth 5$. :)

But hell, all you can drink beer and a game of poker is worth 5$. :)

ummmmmmmmmmmm YEA

Good thing of drinking at a house close to yours... you can walk back.

Bad thing of drinking at a house close to yours... you have to navigate while drinking, 2 blocks away does not mean you are only walking two blocks...

haha similar to NYC, luckily I've been able to get myself home quickly and efficiently

my favorite diner/bar is what I'm going to miss most about this place

everyone is really chill and cool to talk to

bartender gives you free drinks

it;s awesome

XL BGE

or

Large BGE

Damnit.

If I go large, I can get it end of this month. If I go XL. I need to wait another month or so....

what do you need the XL for?

I cook for 20+ pretty regularly.

I can't take this anymore. I'm down to 136 fucking pounds! This is fucking ridiculous.

Can you take a weight gainer shake?

I certainly can, but doubt it will work. I think I'm steadily dwindling away.

I can't beleive that tool. I hate retarded salesmen and company reps.

Gah, want to go back to bed but can't. Oh well, time to find some clothes and head to work.

Actually, coffee is priority numero uno currently.

XL BGE

or

Large BGE

Damnit.

If I go large, I can get it end of this month. If I go XL. I need to wait another month or so....

what do you need the XL for?

I cook for 20+ pretty regularly.

20 is a lot of people, and unless I was smoking food for 20 personally I'd prefer to do that many on gas. Of course, when I grill I like to grill my side dishes and everything or at least cook it all outside.

coffee is brewing, now to find clothes.

Damn, left my good insulated coffee mug at work.

I usualy do ribs and a brisket. This will be my first real "smoker" though. The other thought I had is that I do so much grilling in the winter too that to just have one unit and have all that available insulatyion from the ceramic it would be the cats meow. I'll also smoke quite a bit of fish too I if I get my way. The W hates fish and the smell even more, so I usualy cook it outside no matter what.

For my Bday party 2 years ago I had over 35 people show up to eat, and more came in and out. Bacon wrapped scallops 3 racks of ribs, 2 briskets, dogs and burgers and some taters. I did this all on the middle sized webber... with a duct taped broken leg. The only problem.... I didn't party on my own BDAY! I was stuck at the grill. Oh well!

I had cocktail and we had some fire poi and fire dancing/eating. Twas awesome. I should do that again.

I can't take this anymore. I'm down to 136 fucking pounds! This is fucking ridiculous.

along with denim's reccomendation, what about upping your calorie count for what ya eat per day. 136 is not fucking healthy unless ur like 5'3 and female.

J

Yeah eat more!

Probably going to put on the level B suit today. Level A tomorrow. Kinda sucks, I wish I'd do the level A today since it's cooler. I'm going to fry in that thing tomorrow.

35445.jpg

along with denim's reccomendation, what about upping your calorie count for what ya eat per day. 136 is not fucking healthy unless ur like 5'3 and female.

J

My number one trick to helping the little guys gain more mass without really messing up your body by ODing on sugar and "bad" fat is to include heaping helpings of poly/mono unsaturated fats to your meals. Mix them with your weight gainer shakes if you want too.

I recomend udo's oil but you can just use fresh olive oil. About 2-3 tablespoons of UDO's in a shake. If you do olive oil, don't mix it in. It will change the flavor. Make sure you do not cook the oils BTW. It will add good for you fats, and has a crap load of calories. You will probably notice your hair and skin having less problems too. I swear by healthy fats, they did work wonders for me when I was smart and actualy used it.

I usualy do ribs and a brisket. This will be my first real "smoker" though. The other thought I had is that I do so much grilling in the winter too that to just have one unit and have all that available insulatyion from the ceramic it would be the cats meow. I'll also smoke quite a bit of fish too I if I get my way. The W hates fish and the smell even more, so I usualy cook it outside no matter what.

For my Bday party 2 years ago I had over 35 people show up to eat, and more came in and out. Bacon wrapped scallops 3 racks of ribs, 2 briskets, dogs and burgers and some taters. I did this all on the middle sized webber... with a duct taped broken leg. The only problem.... I didn't party on my own BDAY! I was stuck at the grill. Oh well!

I had cocktail and we had some fire poi and fire dancing/eating. Twas awesome. I should do that again.

I am of the opinion that a tool like the BGE is for you and not a group as most of your cooking won't be for 30. I'd compromise for the large group and not for myself.

But so I can at least be helpful.

2 recommendations for dealing with larger parties

Either pre-smoke the brisket and ribs and just heat them up on the grill. This is of course how restaurants do it unless you find one heck of a smoke shack.

The other option is seemingly more "fresh" to your guests. Smoke the items on the smoker for a few hours and finish them on the grill (or if you are lazy the oven). Once meat breaks the 100 degree point or so it has trouble absorbing more smoke. Part of the reason you don't get your meat to room temperature when smoking like you do when grilling. This allows the smoke to penetrate and actually make it BBQ without making it so difficult that you can't do enough for everyone. Considering your briskets will be in the 8hr range and ribs in the 4hr this gives you a nice window to partially smoke on the real deal and finish on the grill. My grill has little wimpy smoking trays that I will use to fool people when I personally need to do this.

Personally I'd rather have two normal BGE's than one XL.

I've been waiting for my 8k/year raise since June 1, but first I need my work appraisal. First I had to wait 3 weeks for my supervisor to get his ass in gear & get his part done. Now my manager is on holidays until the last week in August. Looks like I'll be waiting until September to get it.

Damn good thing it is going to be retroactive...

Personally I'd rather have two normal BGE's than one XL.

You read my mind.

I think you gave me a good enough reason to buy the large not XL, and then get a dedicated grill. I can't do gass yet as the grill needs to stay mobile as we still haven't settled on a deck and where to put it. Same with where the hot tub will go.

From food to some pretty complex audio tech I think I have utalized this place for more information in the past year or so than any other forum I have belonged too. SSA is a great place because of the people here. I have to thank Sean here, I have been inspirde to stretch outside my verry lazy norm by allot of ideas this guy has had.

I have a man crush on SSA in general :D

:hay::wub: