mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Good Luck to everybody looking for a job, if anybody is looking into a FQ company let me know.

just got back from the career fair... gave my resume to a few companies... **fingers crossed**

What are you looking for Mr. Trim.

at the present time, first choice would be aerospace industry, followed by any defense industry, and then followed by any engineering job I can get :P

You are in the right area then. :)

Do they actually send hiring managers to fairs or just some peon reference from the company? I know personally I wouldn't go, I'd have one of my employees do it for me.

morninTOp

Do you work for IOtech?

No. Have rep'd their biggest competitor in a previous life. NVH is not their strong suit.

If he wanted to get technical then he'd really get killed. He only deals in subjective though as that is all he knows. Exactly why I appreciate Don. When it was just a testing site we discussed multiple times teaming up together to discuss a test solution to really test the products, hell I even managed to secure a $750k lab to use for a few days. Problematically though it isn't trivial to repeat dampening tests in a scientific fashion and come up with a logical way to present the data otherwise it would be out there. If it were, I could tell you who would win but that might be easy to guess from the sig.

I've been meaning to ask (but never got around to it), but doesn't bedliner material/other thick undercoating material kill sheet metal rattling just as good as butyl mat? would seem easier, if not faster, approach with less elbow grease to me...

fridge is broke

someone drove in our front yard again

and I haven't even finished my breakfast

yup, lovely day ahead...

you know I could probably rig a weight sensor on the lawn, attach it to a turret; anything weighing more than a certain amount gets a couple dozen rounds of lead in their car...I'm thinking .223 just to be sporting, although .308 or .30-06 is sounding mighty tempting...

The bedliner will constrain some of the modes and shift the frequencies, but it has significantly less energy dissipation than a adhesive/butyl/aluminum layer.

Fucker sold the drill press out from under me :( So much for an appointment from the noob on CL.

Researching though, these popped up :)

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tls/1371079499.html

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/tls/1389381064.html

I'd like to see pics of the PM66 and why is it that this stuff is always way in the boondocks?

Undercoating will be better than bedliner in particular if it is an old style rubberized undercoating. Still not as effective, but a perfect solution for use on the underside of the vehicle.

Good luck. I have an interview on Friday and Monday.

good luck to you too buddy

Thanks. I have done a ton of those career fairs and I don't like them, at all.

I think they're kind of fun. I was scared shitless at the first one I went to, but now I see 'em as a challenge.

And since it's ASU there's a ton of hot chicks walking around :droolcup:

Well those are different then the ones I am used to. Gov't contractor, put on happy face, being pitch to sell myself, listen to them a little hand over the resume, say thank you, take a deep breath and take 5 steps to the left, repeat.

ick, does not sound enjoyable

just got back from the career fair... gave my resume to a few companies... **fingers crossed**

at the present time, first choice would be aerospace industry, followed by any defense industry, and then followed by any engineering job I can get :P

you mean area of the country?

Do they actually send hiring managers to fairs or just some peon reference from the company? I know personally I wouldn't go, I'd have one of my employees do it for me.

Some of the people I've talked to have referred to themselves as regional hiring managers or the like, but some really do seem like "peon references"

you mean area of the country?

Yep, AZ, NM, CA all sorts of Aero & Defense.

fridge is broke

someone drove in our front yard again

and I haven't even finished my breakfast

yup, lovely day ahead...

turns out it was just a major ice blockage in the freezer portion causing the fridge part to not get its cold air...phew...

The bedliner will constrain some of the modes and shift the frequencies, but it has significantly less energy dissipation than a adhesive/butyl/aluminum layer.

good to know

stick to butyl mat, closed cell foam, and MLV....got it...

*goes back to job searching*

Just had a conference call with Singapore and things don't look good.

Regrettably I think I "get" to close one of our businesses in the next couple weeks. :(

boo

I am sorry to hear that! Never fun.

I was always on store closing detail. Price shit for nothing and get people to walk out with product. What your doing will be 100000 times tougher.

Hell tom apply with KBR or something to go work over seas. Nothing liek 100k a year and it being tax for and either 1 30 day or 2 15 day paid vacations a year

A couple minutes after somebody says he's interrested in my hu I tell him the price and he instantly said he just bought one $100 cheaper. LOL

good to know

stick to butyl mat, closed cell foam, and MLV....got it...

*goes back to job searching*

Lead is better than MLV :P

Still haven't had time to do some more tests on the midrange enclosures :(