mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

I'm getting the wifey warmed up to me either completely redoing my truck completely or in the comming year getting the new 6.2 f150 svt.

It's not a E63, but about the same cost new that the E would be after a few years used. I'm nervous to get a first gen engine though.

:(

I change my mind and flip back and forth more than Favre. LOLZ

the new Raptor? If you do end up getting a Raptor you better not pussy foot around in it...remember reading about it in either Peterson's or Four Wheeler, they thrashed the piss out of one and it just begged for more...good to see OEM's churning out capable 4x4's from the showroom floor...

Now if only Dodge had put the Cummins in the Power Wagon...

Yeah the new one. With the 6.2 when it comes out. I have been reading and I think that engine will be AMAZING.

500HP, locking rear AND front diffs, 35" BFG A/T's, insane articulation, sounds like fun to me :lol:

wasn't it 400 hp and 400 tq? 500 sounds fine though too.

I think it would be great snuggled up with some turbos too.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/f150raptor/

as much as I love that an OEM is making a capable performance vehicle, some parts of that truck are just fucking ugly

most specifically the grill

so for the past few days i have been battling the stratus

it will have new...

inner/outer tie rods, upper ball joint, lower control arm with a new ball joint because you can't fucking press the stock one out...new wheel bearing and new sway bar links. Need new sway bar bushings but fuck it, it's a stratus with 170k!

If you're doing the inner tie-rods, you might as well replace the rack as well. Chrysler's are notorious for the racks going bad (chipped or misaligned teeth on the steering gear), and the labor it takes to get at the inner rods, you might as well do the rack while you're at it.

as much as I love that an OEM is making a capable performance vehicle, some parts of that truck are just fucking ugly

I agree.

This past spring I was looking at getting an Adrenalin Explorer. I just saw one today, and in person, it's just a gawdy ass truck.

Matt, you would have been in heaven the other night. Teh woman and I went to a hot pot party from one of here Chinese friends, room full of about a dozen Asian women and some damn good spicy food.

the food alone could put me there

amusingly I made chinese tonight myself

Her friend had went home and brought back some seasonings and what not, no idea what I ate, but good shit.

If they made it in an actual Explorer I'd definitely be into one, pisses me off.

Anyone ever use a U-haul tow dolly?

a few times, never had any problems though i wouldn't want to use it for a long time (just didn't look like anyone took great care of it)

Her friend had went home and brought back some seasonings and what not, no idea what I ate, but good shit.

I could go for some asian, though I'm really hoping my next adventure will put me in the middle east

I agree.

This past spring I was looking at getting an Adrenalin Explorer. I just saw one today, and in person, it's just a gawdy ass truck.

for some reason, I really like the look of the raptor. I can't really tell you why as I agree the grill screams boy racer styles. I think the black plastic grill is tacky, however can be easily replaced. Aside from that I think the new f150, 250 etc in general is the best looking pick up.

the new SHO is a nice vehicle also. I really think it's a cool style.

i didn't know how big that pick up was. It's 9 inches higher, but it really didnt look like it from the pictures, but it's also 7 inches wider.

That's why it has those gay little lights. It's required for trucks that big wide....

:drools:

I have no ideal when i became a truck loving country guy. I've always been a 2 door light go fast fanatic....

Nick. I believe you had a question a couple pages back about my long distance relationship. Its working out as well as it can being 2hrs apart, but good news is that she is moving back up here. :D

Its definitely not something I would do for just a fling, but I would much rather do this than not do it at all. It sucks not being able to see each other whenever but it works. I'm sure its not for everyone, but 40min away wouldn't bother me in the least bit.

Glad to hear she's moving back, I'm sure that relieves some stress and makes it more enjoyable for you (well, unless you like being able to get rid of her for a week :) ). I'd like it anyways. But thanks for the input. I'm not the fling type, so that's good according to your thoughts.

I agree.

I also am not big on the huge front ends of the newer Ford trucks. I'm hoping they start toning it back down a bit. I don't know anybody who says they like it, so hopefully Ford receives this feedback and uses it.

Anyone ever use a U-haul tow dolly?

I rented one once, but my car was too low to fit on it so I never actually used it.

I keep meaning to go drive one

vikings packers game atracted the largest cable tv audience ever.

so sayeth ESPN.

I agree.

I also am not big on the huge front ends of the newer Ford trucks. I'm hoping they start toning it back down a bit. I don't know anybody who says they like it, so hopefully Ford receives this feedback and uses it.

The new front end does look insanely wide. Almost wrong. For some reason though it makes me think of the '20s-'40s. Everything extra sturdy looking and bold. Almost in the same vein as the chrystler 300s.

It looks much more appropriate on the 250s IMHO, but the style fits me.

everything but the cheep looking plastic raptor FORD grill.

I bet a brush guard or ligh bar would fix that right up though.

I am very interested, but I have no chance on one.

Night, I need to get to bed also.

I am very interested, but I have no chance on one.

?? They'll easily let you drive one. Shit I've driven all sorts of things for the fuck of it that you'd expect them to filter.

I should, but Wild power play with 3min left down by 1.

The last minute win for the Vikes last week, the big win this week, the Twinkies beating Detroit, now the Wild have to do somethin'. Shit they've won the last 7 home openers, I'd love to see them take this one.

Tied!!

From being down by 3 to even up. Ah yeah!