mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

Anyone, every taken Logic in college?

Extra credit question I got:

In a certain place, all the inhabitants are either Knight or Knaves. Knights always tell the truth and Knaves tell the truth. You meet two inhabitants, A and B. B says: "both of us are Knaves." Determine weather A and B are Knights or Knaves. Explain your reasoning, And construct a derivation which 'mimics" your reasoning.

If Knights always tell the truth then A and B can't be Knights.

Knaves never tell the truth though, So both of them can't be Knaves. If I just could figure out how to set-up the truth-function table lol.

You missed the "never" from the original statement though and that made me think it's an easy answer.

My bad, I guess that would mess up the whole thing lol. I'm using those all one piece wipers, I actually took the ones off my Camry. Then put them on my f-150 because my Camry just sits in a garage at the moment.

Edited by patented17

Anyone, every taken Logic in college?

Extra credit question I got:

In a certain place, all the inhabitants are either Knight or Knaves. Knights always tell the truth and Knaves tell the truth. You meet two inhabitants, A and B. B says: "both of us are Knaves." Determine weather A and B are Knights or Knaves. Explain your reasoning, And construct a derivation which 'mimics" your reasoning.

If Knights always tell the truth then A and B can't be Knights.

Knaves never tell the truth though, So both of them can't be Knaves. If I just could figure out how to set-up the truth-function table lol.

B is a Knave and A is a Knight

Proof:

B's Statement can be written as, "A is a Knave and B is a Knave".

If B was a Knight he would have had to say he was so because Knights never lie, and if he did lie that would be a contradiction.

Therefore B is a Knave

Now, looking at the statement again that we know is false (because B is a Knave). We know that the second half of the statement is true so the first half must be false. (If the first half was true as well then the entire statement would be true contradicting the bases of being a Knave)

Therefore is A is not a Knave he must be a Knight

Therefore A is a Knight and B is a Knave

Q.E.D.

Haven't been up here in a while, ought to be fun.....except of course its raining here and gorgeous in mn

you completely picked the wrong time to leave.

Nice makes sense, now I just have to write it in Sentential logic.

Thanks amigo

Thanks for posting the question. It was a good way to start my morning since I have a Mathematics test today and the theories are logic based.

And for the monster drinker guy, switch to decent coffee. Even if it is drip(sorry Sean) you will be much better off and if you can't hang with the flavor of coffee put in some chocolaite sauce or what ever tickles you.

It's 1/74589752070th the price and won't ruin your teeth.

That being said I drink that canned crap myself. My work uses junk coffee and it's cut with aditives and it chews my stomach. Home ground beans and a coffee pot and you have all the stims you need.

I like coffee but am having to get over the after taste in my mouth. its really similar to smoking cigarettes in my opinion.

Home ground coffee is spectacular though. French press me a cup and I am zooming, and normally caffeine does not effect me.

Well, the only coffee I've ever tried was a double shot of espresso and I though that tasted horrible. I actually rarely drink Energy drinks, as I'm pretty active, and have no trouble getting up in the morning. I just need them sometimes for my "oh crap, I forgot about the test" or "large amount of homework due the next day" nights.

Nice work Ryan. Airbags are fucking loud.

Seriously sounded like a gunshot going off.

Found a nice 'bird, but alas, no money.

I've got a nice 'bird for yah :)

Well, the only coffee I've ever tried was a double shot of espresso and I though that tasted horrible. I actually rarely drink Energy drinks, as I'm pretty active, and have no trouble getting up in the morning. I just need them sometimes for my "oh crap, I forgot about the test" or "large amount of homework due the next day" nights.

Go to a gass station or coffee shop and just get a 32 ounce coffee. You will be WAY better off. And then you can controll the sugar.

As for not liking espresso.... you may have to leave SSA...

:D

I like coffee but am having to get over the after taste in my mouth. its really similar to smoking cigarettes in my opinion.

Home ground coffee is spectacular though. French press me a cup and I am zooming, and normally caffeine does not effect me.

coffee works on me better than damn no doze actually.

Coffee bleh

I just need them sometimes for my "oh crap, I forgot about the test" or "large amount of homework due the next day" nights.

get the sugar free variety next time, at least; your body will thank you later :lol:

Volkswagen is now the world's largest automaker

Coffee bleh

I just need them sometimes for my "oh crap, I forgot about the test" or "large amount of homework due the next day" nights.

get the sugar free variety next time, at least; your body will thank you later :lol:

True I always do sugar free.

when do i hit level 15? lol

Is there a level 15?

:tehe:

aftermarket turbo timers seem like such a waste of money...

*random ass thought*

so basically you remove the key, and if the EGT's are above certain level, the engine still runs

so what happens if you want to reenter the vehicle and the engine is still doing its cool down thing? turn off the engine (usually hitting the brake pedal serves as a kill switch) and turn it back on again or wait for it to cool down and turn off and turn it back on again or what?

seriosuly, no one want to take a crack at the turo noob? :noob:

Volkswagen is now the world's largest automaker

Must be all the Veyrons they are selling. ;)

Oh lord won't you buy me a mercedes benz 2008 E63 AMG please.

My friends all drive POS hand me down civics with stickers and craptastic old cars that they think muscle cars and they suck but they think they are the awesome & I must crush their fragile egos to make amends....

you deserve a smacking for that muscle car comment

but I digress