mrray13

Welcome to the IHoP

.....and I'm out!

Good night one and all!

It was a good night, ended the drought. I guess that means I have a gf now.

way to go slugger!

grats.

Haha. Easily the loudest girl I've ever been with. I was like wow, the neighbors are probably awake now. Even the ones in the next apartment building.

Did she make you her boyfriend beforehand? Last time I did this, fucking her didn't make us BF/GF, but if you're cool with it. .

That's sort of what I was thinking. A piece of ass is a piece of ass, calling it your own requires a bit of a conversation. Either way, nice work.

Anyone ever bought new CPU hardware (MBoard, Proc, Ram, Video Card) and managed to not reformat but use the current installation of windows? I would imagine that I'd have to remove all hardware from the Device Manager in safe mode before switching but it would surely save me enough time to where I might actually upgrade my pc....and potentially even this week. :)

Hey guys Im looking into buying some handtools for myself for the holiday season, just wondering what brands people run and or prefer.

Looking into:

circular saw, table saw, router, drill and probably a trim saw

Boise State vs. TCU, should be good

you're wasting a lot of the animal then :P

We use every bit of meat.

Hey guys Im looking into buying some handtools for myself for the holiday season, just wondering what brands people run and or prefer.

Looking into:

I wouldn't call a table saw a hand tool, lol. Not too many entry level choices.

The $100 Makita Circ saw I have has been awesome, for Routers I'd go with P-C or Bosch (unless you get the big Hitachi). As for drills, I like them cordless and bought the Ridgid exclusively since when the batteries die you get a new drill. Lifetime warranty ftw.

This game is crap so far, the Vikes need to step it up.

This game is crap so far, the Vikes need to step it up.

Agreed. This is shit. And I'm sick of hearing how good Favre is week after week. He's good but enought is enbough

Looking into:

For drills, I have a Makita 18v Li-Ion. GReat drills. Don't skimp on a drill. I have a 18v craftsman and it was junk.

As for the rest of that, I have no idea. I couldn't tell you what we have at work.

Looking into:

I wouldn't call a table saw a hand tool, lol. Not too many entry level choices.

The $100 Makita Circ saw I have has been awesome, for Routers I'd go with P-C or Bosch (unless you get the big Hitachi). As for drills, I like them cordless and bought the Ridgid exclusively since when the batteries die you get a new drill. Lifetime warranty ftw.

Sean is right, a table saw is not a hand tool, nor should a little hobby one even be considered in my opinion. For a table saw you are going to be looking to spend anywhere between 500$ at the low end all the way up to about 7,000$.

Get a good circular saw, guides, and a straight edge. Good saw brands are along the lines of Makita, Milwaukee, etc. *Not Ryobi or Skill*

For a guide, use something like this. Make/find a cut table to support your pieces, pay attention to what you are doing and it'll serve your purpose just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/E-Emerson-Tool-T-50-50-Inch/dp/B0000DYVA9/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1260153627&sr=1-8

Routers, Porter Cable, Bosch and Ridgid are the ways I would go. Router bits that are going to be used with any frequency, get quality carbide ones, don't cheap out on the low end ones, they are not worth.

Often overlooked quality blades and router bits (READ: FREUD), along with drill bits, don't get the cheapo gimicky ones, pay money for quality HSS bits if you are planning on actually using them and not just tearing the shit out of things. Also, wear fricking hearing protection when using power tools, yes, they are loud.

Looking into:

For drills, I have a Makita 18v Li-Ion. GReat drills. Don't skimp on a drill. I have a 18v craftsman and it was junk.

As for the rest of that, I have no idea. I couldn't tell you what we have at work.

I run Milwaukee cordless tools, but we use Craftsman at work and at home and they are pretty decent drills for the price. They put up with a lot of abuse and keep on going with admirable performance.

Always get a drill with a 1/2" chuck, look the other way from 3/8" chucks.

Thanks for the tool recommendations and after doing some research I will just make my own table or stands so yeah a table saw is out the picture.

Just picked me up some ground buffalo and venison from the meat market the other day. Cant wait to try the buffalo!

Don't cook it much as it will dry out. Best served med rare to rare :)

If you do burgers you can put a pat of butter on the patty when cooking. I do that with turkey burgers sometimes.

OHM NOM NOM NOM

a pat, lol. Deen queen you are

Used the buffalo in a meatloaf tonight with a little hamburger and sausage. Looks good. Smells good. I'll see if it tastes good.

Thinking of venison burgers next week.

Yup, it tasted real good. It is a subtle flavor that I like a lot! Going to experiment a little more now but just wishing it wasnt $7 a pound!

Or maybe a spicy chili with venison?

Thanks for the tool recommendations and after doing some research I will just make my own table or stands so yeah a table saw is out the picture.

When I get the space for it, I plan to get one of those 10" ryobi table saws and build a longer and wider table around it. The saw itself is only $114 from the Depot so you could put it together real nice and sturdy for $200 which is very cheap considering how much the bigger ones are. Just a though J.

Just picked me up some ground buffalo and venison from the meat market the other day. Cant wait to try the buffalo!

Don't cook it much as it will dry out. Best served med rare to rare :)

If you do burgers you can put a pat of butter on the patty when cooking. I do that with turkey burgers sometimes.

OHM NOM NOM NOM

a pat, lol. Deen queen you are

My wife knows she's the competition.

J, the Depot also has a Ryobi 18 volt drill/skillsaw combo for $49. Awesome deal and I already got one. Love it.

.....and I'm out!

Good night one and all!

It was a good night, ended the drought. I guess that means I have a gf now.

way to go slugger!

grats.

Haha. Easily the loudest girl I've ever been with. I was like wow, the neighbors are probably awake now. Even the ones in the next apartment building.

fucking A right. That's the way you break a dry spell!

Think I am going to go shave. I hate shaving, especially after a week of not.

X2!

I'm going on 2 weeks. I have this spot on my neck where hair grows in a whorled pattern naturaly. It looks like Katrina on a radar map.

Do you know how messed up that is to shave? It's insanity.

Looking into:

Ryan2 is the table say guy.

Is trim saw a hand saw or circle saw? I'm looking at the dewalt hypoid drive for a hand saw. It's a bit over the top, but I want my hand saw to do what I should with a big table saw. I don't have room to get the cabinet saw I want.

Cordless drill? Makita. I have had one for a while now and every family member I know owns a cordless makita drill and no other kind. I have played with dewalt rigid craftsman, all of them. The Makita I have is the bomb.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___US355&hs=VG&q=makita+cordless+drill&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=3568171774070676213&ei=v3gcS4q2CI7cNsuq8YMB&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=7&ved=0CEQQ8gIwBg#

^---I payed way less than that 240 price BTW.

I have a table stand with a router and a hand router. I really like my craftsman router, but in hindsight I would get one with more grunt. 3+ HP or so is a good place to start. Mine is a good budget peice though. And ya know what, this link kinda confirms what I think. Good for the price. (I got mine on some kinda sale though)

http://www.consumersearch.com/router-reviews/sears-craftsman-17543

When I get the space for it, I plan to get one of those 10" ryobi table saws and build a longer and wider table around it. The saw itself is only $114 from the Depot so you could put it together real nice and sturdy for $200 which is very cheap considering how much the bigger ones are. Just a though J.

I wouldn't go with a table saw like that unless it's just for construction and small jobs. I went that rout and only found disapointment.

A quality table saw is so much more than a large table. A cheapo bench top 'table saw' with a big table around it isn't much at all.

I can not say this enough. On a table saw, save once, buy once. PERIOD Also, another necessary investment is a book, pamphlet, one on one time with a quality woodworker (not a neighborhood hack), or a class for learning how to properly use a table saw (or just woodshop). There is so much more one can do than cut a straight line with one.

I wouldn't go with a table saw like that unless it's just for construction and small jobs. I went that rout and only found disapointment.

What else would we be using them for when you can buy them so cheap?