Sign in to follow this  
MKader17

What processing is available for Active 3-way?

I've always been a fan of getting an Alpine H701 with a W505, but I am scared that with the H701 being discontinued I may never find one. So I'd like to find some more options for what is available and capable of 3-way processing. Also would be nice to have a collaborative list here for those to reference to.

Can you even use the H701 with the W505? Last I heard you couldn't. Which is why I stuck with my W205.

Can you even use the H701 with the W505? Last I heard you couldn't. Which is why I stuck with my W205.

I've read about the w505 used with the H900..so I guess it could work..

Eclipse CD7200MKII has the capability built in. Subwoofer low pass, mid high pass, mid low pass, tweeter high pass. Selectable slopes and frequency. Only issue was no level control even on subwoofer.

Clarion DRZ9255 (or HX-D2, whatever you want to call it) can process 3-way + subwoofer. 4 competitors over here use it and they all had numerous problems with it :(

Audison Bit One

http://www.audison.eu/ looks to the best, by me that is,

If the info is not up yet on their web pages, I might be able to direct you to their extended manual. There are also, if your'e not only interested in the crossover bits, amps with processors integrated into them.

Clarion DRZ9255 (or HX-D2, whatever you want to call it) can process 3-way + subwoofer. 4 competitors over here use it and they all had numerous problems with it :(

A few DIYma guys think it is the end-all-be-all HU. I have not used it yet, but would be interested in trying it.

:( looks like things are not good for 3 way processing these days...

What about Car-puters, anyone know of there processing capabilities?

I do believe we forgot the RF 360.2. I've never used it, but by looking at the specs.. it's a good beginner processor

Curious... what kinda problems?

I do believe we forgot the RF 360.2. I've never used it, but by looking at the specs.. it's a good beginner processor

only 2way+

The main 3 way choices are: H701, P9, DRZ9255, Ural.

Curious... what kinda problems?

The cd eject/load mechanism. One of the 9255's had the mechanism replaced three times.

Kenwood Excelon decks have a good 3-way X-over built-in with total slope control and db (+) or (-) , @ least mine does (model KDC X-991) and i know @ least a few of the other models have it too but not sure on model #'s) however it has NO subsonic filter which is why I scooped up an AudioControl 3XS with several extra chips that is new in box even tho its old school, found it hidden away on a shelf @ a local pro-shop I hooked it up for all of 10 mins. then decided that since I have exactly 1/2 the power my subs want it was not needed and un-hooked it (dayum impulse shopping lol). now just trying to decide wheather to keep it or not. If ya need it I could be talked into parting with it.

I have an 360.2 im thinking about selling..currently its just collectin dust..i know its only 2 way but it still has an aux imput u can use for tweeters on the hp setting

What's wrong with the Bit One?

Car puter, I would guess it depends on what you make it to be able to process? I know a guy who put a Mac Mini in his car, can't really see any limits there, some build theirs from scratch, it is really up to you I would say.

Kenwood Excelon decks have a good 3-way X-over built-in with total slope control and db (+) or (-) , @ least mine does (model KDC X-991) and i know @ least a few of the other models have it too but not sure on model #'s) however it has NO subsonic filter which is why I scooped up an AudioControl 3XS with several extra chips that is new in box even tho its old school, found it hidden away on a shelf @ a local pro-shop I hooked it up for all of 10 mins. then decided that since I have exactly 1/2 the power my subs want it was not needed and un-hooked it (dayum impulse shopping lol). now just trying to decide wheather to keep it or not. If ya need it I could be talked into parting with it.

FAIL. The X-991 does NOT have the capability to do a 2 way so it OBVIOUSLY cannot do a 3 way. It only has high passes on its channels. :(

What's wrong with the Bit One?

Car puter, I would guess it depends on what you make it to be able to process? I know a guy who put a Mac Mini in his car, can't really see any limits there, some build theirs from scratch, it is really up to you I would say.

Expensive, requires off line setting with a PC or the funky remote thingee. For the same dough I'd much rather have an H701 and touchscreen.

Wow so I really missed my own thread

I have been doing a lot of researching. I'm worried a H701 will be hard to stumble across. I'm really warming up to the car PC. It would be something pretty damn cool and different. With that I have one of 2 options.

Audison Bit One - With the computer in the vehicle I would have all tuning options in the truck "on demand". The bit one has the volume/tuning remote.

Zapco Amps - This is probably one hella expensive option, but it would be cool.