tahoexfixssd

94' Yukon Rebuild. 8 12" Fi SSD's

mmk so the time has come for the teardown! as much as it hurts me to destroy my own work, i have to do it! Next year it will be MUCHHH better. so the first plan is to rebuild the box. the plan is to keep the back, bottom, and sides. but do away with the front. i will add about 10 inches or so to the top oof the box with a 1 1/2 baffle board with flushed FI SSD woofers. the batterys and MA Audio amps will be displayed on the front of the box and all flushed in..the box will be ported out the back and tuned to 33 hz for dailly. and there will be a romovable plate on the port to raise the frequency to around 44 for competitions. and finally the inside will be glassed. if you dont already know here what my upgrade list is. (it has changed a bit from my last build page)

-(8 ) Fi SSD 12'' woofers

-(2) MA Audio HK802sx amps

-(4) Kinetik HC1800 batterys (maybee 2400 depending on size)

-300 amp Iraggi alt (maybe dual alt kit)

-Multiple runs of 0 guage

-MLA mod 15.3v

-Audiocontrol LineDriver

-Accele DTV tuner

-2 7" LCD screens?

-Shaved door handles

-5 horn 160 psi train horn.

so here we goo. time to rip everything out :spiteful:

recon0001.jpg

recon00001.jpg

recon001.jpg

so there is most of it taken out. the old TV tuner was taken out becasue of the 09 DTV bs.

And now...for the box...

recon1.jpg

hehehhahaha

recon01.jpg

recon2.jpg

first i drew out a line where i needed to cut along. the line running parallel to the front of the baffle board doesnt mean as the entire front will be taken off. it will be transfered to the bottom of the box.

recon3.jpg

recon4.jpg

recon5.jpg

recon6.jpg

recon7.jpg

recon8.jpg

recon9.jpg

recon10.jpg

recon11.jpg

thats all the remnants... lol i still have a bit more to cut out but i have to do that later when i get the windows taken out.

alrite so its been awhile since my last post and i have had some progress since so here it is.

recon14.jpg

recon12.jpg

recon13.jpg

damn its wierd seein it all bare like that haha.

Anyway so the new enclosure will be built on top of the old one. i saw no point in not using it since i sould have to rebuild somthing similar anyway. it will be about 10 inches higher though :D

recon15.jpg

made a template out of cardboard to see exactly what the sides had to be like before i started cuttin

recon17.jpg

recon18.jpg

recon19.jpg

recon20.jpg

lol ever had to rout outside in the dark, 15degree weather with 30mph winds? haha

recon21.jpg

recon23.jpg

recon22.jpg

recon24.jpg

recon25.jpg

recon26.jpg

recon29.jpg

so thats basicly the new baffle board. in this picture is isnt mounted and the sides still need to be trimmed off to contour the windows. as does the angle on the back.

102_1691.jpg

102_1693.jpg

I predrilled and countersunk all of the screws that connected the 2 baffles together then i filled them all in with body filler.

102_1694.jpg

and ther she is.. that 2x2 in there is just in there so the top doesnt sag until i get the perminant 2x4 supports in.

so next for the port... this took me foreverr to come up with and kept me awake at night. i had to design it to where the port would clear the woofers but also have enough area to achieve the frequency and have no port noise.. i had design help from a guy at a local shop. and here it is tuned around 33 hz.

102_1711.jpg

102_1732.jpg

102_1733.jpg

102_1736.jpg

102_1739.jpg

and there it is with the trim panal on the front. the whole port area that is cut out will be covered up grille mesh and painted up all nice.

102_1745.jpg

102_1755.jpg

102_1757.jpg

this little area that i boxed off will be where the batteries are housd. as well as distribution blocks and such. lol i got board ad figured id glass a corner some and see how much work it was to get up in there and uhhh it sucked lol.

102_1758.jpg

102_1760.jpg

this is some of the bracing. its all 2x4's and i used L brackets for extra strength. of course they will be glassed to. i left out 2 verticle and the horizontal braces so i could glass the rest of it easier. i will add them before i put the front on

102_1759.jpg

All of the inside corners are 45's

102_1763.jpg

started glassin the 45's first. this picture was taken after 2 layers. tomarrow i will glass moree and take some more pics!

Looking Good. I have not seen a build with 8 ssd's.

lol ever had to rout outside in the dark, 15degree weather with 30mph winds? haha

In fact I have. Built an old nissan 200sx with 4 crossfires back in the day in the dead of winter back in the Mountains of upstate NY. Yah it's cold. LOL

Nice build so far. You have some talent for such a young guy, damn!

In fact I have. Built an old nissan 200sx with 4 crossfires back in the day in the dead of winter back in the Mountains of upstate NY. Yah it's cold. LOL

Nice build so far. You have some talent for such a young guy, damn!

haha yeah and still it had sinus infection written all over it lol. and thankss.. im sure some of my ohter past builds will be on here at some point

dude seriously i wish i had that kind of motivation, im 17 and cant find the time to do stuff like that, although i do start my box this weekend so we will see how that turns out

Nice work, and thanks for posting all those pictures.

Looks great! Make sure to take some vids when you get those SSD's broken in. :)

Very nice! Cannot wait to see the finished result!

To the guy above me.

It looks like he used a jigsaw, but you can use a router as well.

And by the way the build looks great dude. looks like you have put a lot of work into it.

Can't wait to see it finished!

i saw the original install at the benchmark show this summer. great install, hope to see good things again.

hey thanks man ware ya from? its nice to see theres SOMEONE on a forum that has acually seen my tahoe in person haha

im from peoria. i made a new name last night because i wouldnt remember my old login. lol. this is my original screenname

Hello, it's really looking nice, I have a question, what kind of tool do you use to make the holes? router or a jig saw

routerr

I like this....

I'll be starting the wall in my truck on Monday or Tuesday next week. They underestimate us 17 year olds =)

I like this....

I'll be starting the wall in my truck on Monday or Tuesday next week. They underestimate us 17 year olds =)

haha id say so most of the time man haha, il be checkin yours out!