Sign in to follow this  
matt62485

nooB from NC

Sup fellas. Matt here from Wilmington, NC. 23 yrs of age attending college for electronics and electrical a.a.s. degrees, instrumentation certificates, etc then doing some distance learning through ECU or the like for my B.S., then who knows as far as a Masters is concerned. Just recently got engaged, planning on May 2010 for wedding.

Anyways, drive a 07 scion tC with a little system, nothing special. Will get pix later.

just pulled out 2 dayton ho 10s ported at 30 cycles and 2 cadence txa6004. took up way too much space in that lil ol hatch, so heres what im going with now (headunit and front stage has said the same). the doors, hatch area, inner fenders, under the rear seats etc are pretty well deadened.

Headunit - Alpine 9887 (active)

Amp- Kicker ZX700.5

Mids- Mach 5 MLI-65's (stock door location)

Tweets- Seas Neo Textiles (in the kicks, about to aim em)

Subs- 2 Sundown E8's

Subs just got here today, beefy lookin lil SOBs, I'm stoked. Still debating whether to run em sealed or .6 net ea @ 30hz, dont know how much output would benefit since theres a decent amount of cabin gain, but it would yield a much lower F3.

Whatcha think?

Amp I just ordered today BNIB but its an 06 model, couldnt justify spending >$100 more for an 08 model which is functionally the same just cosmetically different.

Anyways, Hope to hear everyones input.

100_0046.jpg

100_0043.jpg

Edited by matt62485

Good looking car, nice system, and good to see another student of electronics on SSA. :)

thanks fellas.

also about to do a build in my fiances car likely implementing a DD1508, cadence txa6004 and components are TBD. probably grab up some PG RSDs for the time being to get her by then find something a little better to run active (got a 3-way electronic xover layin around), and premier 680mp (also laying around)

i have a feeling itll sound pretty good with em ported. might not get quite the output coming from 2 10s, but im willing to venture and say itll be close. we will see, regardless i except a loss of output stepping down to half the power and a bit less cone area.

thanks all for the compliments/welcome

Well to the site.

Welcome

welcome