Dangerous10k

22inch Fi

Is this really coming out? If so what series are they gonna make? BL? Q? and How will it stack up versus the Death Penalty 21? I'm gettin a SUV next year and I want to get either the DP 21 or Fi 22 if there is going to be such a thing

Yes its true.

As far as we know it will be available in the BL and BTL lines.

I've heard about it but I thought it was only for the IB3....and there making a car version of that sub instead of the home theatre version.

It will be available for the car applications in the BL and BTL lines..

When?

When you see it on the site,that is when it is available :)

Like Nick said above... I hate months of hype on products or putting a date on something. As with 99% of things Fi... it will simply appear on the site when we are ready to build/ship. With that said, I need to go to another forum and explain a product delay for a release date :(

Thanks,

Scott

man. a 22 inch btl sounds really good. this is making me want to wait longer to before purchasing my sub.

well i know that we are supposed to wait but can i ask one question.....will this sub be able to fit in the trunk of a car? somewhere between 8-10 cubes?

man. a 22 inch btl sounds really good. this is making me want to wait longer to before purchasing my sub.

well i know that we are supposed to wait but can i ask one question.....will this sub be able to fit in the trunk of a car? somewhere between 8-10 cubes?

man ... it all depends on your vehicle size ... bigger = trunk ... smaller = no rear seats ... and yes on the around 10cubes :drink40:

.... this BTL should be some flex monster :bigclap: :bigclap:

how do you think this would sound compared to 2 15s?

I hope this woofer comes out in the near future, would love to put four in my summer project :)

who knows....what 15's are you talking about in the first place, you do realize how many different 15" subs there are right?

and nobody has even heard the 22's yet as far as i know....so that would be hard to answer either way.

Edited by ChiTownTBird312

Any idea on price range?

i guess(hope) not that much more than a 18"BTL AddEmoticons04245.gif ... or cause of the HYPE the prices will be sky-high ... and Scott will be money-2.gif

if u mean cone area .... its a little more than 2 15s ... other than that it is impossible to answer (2 of the same 15" subs,same power ... against one 22" ... hmmm) :captain:

is there any spec's or pics yet?????
... As with 99% of things Fi... it will simply appear on the site when we are ready to build/ship...

i would love 4 Btl's to go in my ride.

But i think fi should just shoot for a 24's so they could put the new mtx to shame "not saying fi already doesn't do that" lol

(8) of these in my HT IB setup. . .can't wait!

That is going to be awesome. You will need to post some pictures of that.

But i think fi should just shoot for a 24's so they could put the new mtx to shame "not saying fi already doesn't do that" lol

honestly there would be no point in making a 24" sub....either way there are already tons of subs out there that put the jackhammer to shame. its a huge ass paperweight...dont get me wrong, its a beast of a sub....but its a waste of money for what you get out of it.

honestly there would be no point in making a 24" sub....either way there are already tons of subs out there that put the jackhammer to shame. its a huge ass paperweight...dont get me wrong, its a beast of a sub....but its a waste of money for what you get out of it.

Almost intelligible e-gurgitation from you, at least that is an improvement. I disagree with the preface though. If there is a point in a 22 there is a point in a 24; however, I'll be the first to state that the only reason I'd be interested in anything like that is for an IB setup in my house.

sometime ithink some chit is just too big like the jack hammer and a 22inch woofer is getting close

sometime ithink some chit is just too big like the jack hammer and a 22inch woofer is getting close

Obviously from your sentence structure you don't think that much anyways.

Atomic makes a 24 but it really is nothing but a glorified guitar amp speaker. A BTL 12 would beat it down. As for the MTX Jock Hummer, the fact that it weighs 360 lbs and carries the 7K price tag just shows it's not competitive with pretty much anything. The BTL 22, I think will come in under 100 lbs and perform exceptionally well. I would like to see what other companies will come up with as an answer to it. I want 2!

Edited by mdexxxiv

How will it compare to the IA Death Penalty 21 The 22" BL that is? How does 1 22 have more cone area than 2 15s? what is the formula to figure that out?

Edited by Dangerous10k