22inch Fi

Or if you don't know what squared means lol

3.14 x (radius x radius)

IF the cones were flat then

1 22" = 380.132

2 15"s = 353.429

but since they are not numbers are a tad bigger

Edited by bassahaulic

so it would be 22 x 22= x multiply by pie? My bad thats the cone diameter radius is half the diameter?

Edited by Dangerous10k

^ Also take into account the 3/4" surround.

Radius is half the diameter.

The diameter is the distance from one side of the circle to the other.

I just want to know if there coming out this year. or if there delayed because the same problems with the smd woofer :nopity:

Like Nick said above... I hate months of hype on products or putting a date on something. As with 99% of things Fi... it will simply appear on the site when we are ready to build/ship. With that said, I need to go to another forum and explain a product delay for a release date :(

Thanks,

Scott

Words from the Man!!

What DID Happen With The SMD Anyway?

Or if you don't know what squared means lol

3.14 x (radius x radius)

IF the cones were flat then

1 22" = 380.132

2 15"s = 353.429

but since they are not numbers are a tad bigger

so a PPI flat piston driver with the exact same diameter as a super-curved cone would have less Sd?

Would be interested but only for IB (in home audio of course)

Kelvin

Edited by subwoofery

[

so a PPI flat piston driver with the exact same diameter as a super-curved cone would have less Sd?

no it would have the surface area listed. subs with a "normal" cone would have more but would be much harder to calculate.

so a cone that had lots of rise and fall, say VVVVVVV cone..... but no flex...... though it has more surface area than ________ would it actually move more air, would it actually have a larger Sd (I know the answer, no it will not)

No...waves do not form like that.

You are WAY off base, surface area of a circle is the surface area of a circle. It does not matter how conical or 'deep' it is. A flat piston with 1/2 of the surround figured into cone area with the same frame is going to have the exact same radiating cone area as a cone that is conical....

Radiating surface area does not change, you don't have more cone area because you have a conical cone.

could we possibly get a rough estamate of the enclosure size for the bl version. im in the middle of a 2 18 build wondering if im better off with 1 22 inch version

keep the 2 18's...

X2 more cone area plus ability to use more power on the pair of woofers compared to a single....

so the motors on the btl will be the same between the 18 and 22" iv thought about just waiting for the 22" but theres no release date and i need tunes so if i ordered 18s and then ordered new baskets and cones when they come in it will be the same?

so the motors on the btl will be the same between the 18 and 22" iv thought about just waiting for the 22" but theres no release date and i need tunes so if i ordered 18s and then ordered new baskets and cones when they come in it will be the same?

Yeah they are the same motor, 12"-22".

I wonder who will have the first 4 22" sub wall? They would have to put crazyINSANE in the dictionary- with the description of 4 22" subwoofers in a wall

i dont know who will have 4 22"s first, but I will be glad when they come out so I can change to 2 22"s. LOL