wizeguy4

New Law in my area

I think that this is real chitty but there is now a law that states that if you car is heard from a distance of 75 feet, your car can be impounded on the first time!! That, my friends is complete bullchit. Now there argument is because of emergency vehicles not being heard. Now I can fully understand and would normally agree with this since I would really hope that if I or my family is in need of ambulance, some idiot with a loud stereo does not interfere with them getting to my house, but for God's sake, they give a license to a person who is deaf!! so now what it the argument.

Truthfully, I blame the people who haev the loud cars for this. I mean there would really have been no need to even bring this up if people were a bit more respectful and courteous. This has been ongoing problem for a while now. I mean, get on the highway and blow your pucking ears out, I do not car. But 75 feet is an awful short distance.

I know someone who has gotten caught and they just gave him a fine instead, But it was for 250 bucks!

Strupic pigs and their laws

Anyone else with laws liek this that are actually enforced?

not to my knowledge i mean i was bumpin wt my pioneers :rolleyes: and the cop was like next to me back a lane, and i had my window down so he gets on his horn and tells me to turn it down <_<

but otha than that nooo, if i go downtown,, booooom booom boom...i mean no one lives there it's just like alot of malls and stuff...

cops are aight here, but they gettin worse ... if u get pulled ova 2 to 3 cars stop you very embarassing.. :ph34r:

in Ocean City MD, it is 50 feet, hence the 5 sound violations I recived in the last 3 summers I lived there. Keep in mind there is one and only one road in Ocean City

where can i look this stuff up at?? :blink: :ph34r:

this is retarded, how come deff people can get liscenses then, not that i dont like deff people. i think they need to target loud performance exhausts. i've sat in my friends car and cant hear anything over the exhaust. and its not like the music is going all the time either, in most songs bass only hits for a second or two, so that leaves the bass intervals for you to hear sirens and what not.

al

guess we'll just have to deal wt the people who have gotten to old to respect loud music, anymore..cuz they make the rules...As my teacher once said, the person who determines most things for the U.S. is a 40+ year old white man

:ph34r:

We have a law like that but they rarely enforce it. My friend almost got one tho cause he didn't realize there was a cop nearby and it was out in a small town i believe. They've had that law since the new mayor proposed it :rolleyes: I know i'm never voting for him a <_<

it's 50 feet here in Western PA and thats any type of radio....even factory ;)

yeah it is also factory here also, but you can have a wooo wooo exhaust

pucking civics sound like my chainsaw

yeah it is also factory here also, but you can have a wooo wooo exhaust

pucking civics sound like my chainsaw

it's the same here too. :angry:

Guest Guest

I think it is any sound that can be heard outside of the car here. Luckily, most cops don't enforce it unless u r pissin them off.

umm... that was me that posted that. I forgot to log back on after i formatted my computer the other night

In a couple cities in OK, the law is 500.00 first offense, they cut your cones out, second offense.

Dude. The thread was 10 years old.

Who cares if it was 10yrs old? This shit is fucked up! Cut out your cones???? Yeah, ruin $1000+ dollars and give me a ticket for $500. Bastards. This is the first time I've heard of this actually

See, 10yrs old and I just learned something new.

Strupic pigs and their laws

well said, dip shit...

i can see that someone has 0 clue about how city ordinances get put into place,  or better yet out laws.... police departments do not just sit around making up laws and ordinances, its purposed  to a council of THE PEOPLES ELECTED OFFICIALS  the people being your local voters....  they voted for the member that best suited there ideals and interest...

did you vote? no you didn't, so if you want to chance/prevent  things in your community get out and vote... not cry on the internet

and BTW   more times the not.. its never the loud cars you see making the bad name for audio... its the asshole with a couple shit box 12s that pulls up EVERY WHERE HE GOES with it full blast while he runs into the store, or come into the apt complex or riding around in the walmart parking lot..normally those types of people are to blame for having such stringent ordinances

rant on 10 year old topic complete

Have a family friend that owns a bunch of 18 wheelers. They drive through A bad part of New Orleans on a daily basis to pick up river sand. We counter act the red light knuckle heads with several marine speakers under the cab and sleeper on the truck. Doesn't take to much of George jones bouncing off the fuel tanks into their face before they turn down their shit. He says most red light knuckle heads just turn down their system and give him thumbs up.

Have a family friend that owns a bunch of 18 wheelers. They drive through A bad part of New Orleans on a daily basis to pick up river sand. We counter act the red light knuckle heads with several marine speakers under the cab and sleeper on the truck. Doesn't take to much of George jones bouncing off the fuel tanks into their face before they turn down their shit. He says most red light knuckle heads just turn down their system and give him thumbs up.

I like that lol