kryptonitewhite

06' XXX 18" Can anything beat it?

As far as sheer linear displacement (Xmax x Xmax x Sd) does anything have more Vd? I know there are some other very nice drivers such as the TCSounds drivers that have 38mm Xmax... what other drivers are in the same arena, if any, if not, whats closest?

Those still will not have the linear displacement of the new style XXX.

Hey Brian Whats Uppppppppp :) how have you been ? did you finish the new van ??? link please

i have too addmitt im Loving my new 18" MOAB i have it wired @ 2ohm / only pulling 1/2 the power off the 2x SAZ 3000d amps and it hurts too sitt in the Splxplorer.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...c=39333&hl=

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...p;hl=lordbaccus

and the new motors are Wicked Huge

From My understanding of the RE XXX it is an SQ sub !!?!! i could be wrong ?

i have the need to push 2x the power sub Co. say it can handel the PAA subs i have been beating on !!!

i havent even smelled the glue burn off yet

motors you can pick from

Papmotors.jpg

carbon-fiber cones with pulp backing / 4k tensel leads / custom stiff Spider options

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00009-1.jpg

th_mindless.gif

moab_102.jpg

holdthephone.jpg

wow thats one big sub, but whats up with all the comparison threads man?

From My understanding of the RE XXX it is an SQ sub !!?!!

holdthephone.jpg

It was designed for a lot of linear displacement (just like the '02-05 versions). Not quite what I'd call an "SQ" sub since there is no need for a 2000w subwoofer in such an install but it's all in personal tastes.

Love the cat picture :P

As far as some other subs with closer displacement, how about a pair of LMS 18's ? Or even a pair of Maelstrom-X's ?

RE is Knowen for the old XxX subs but got Pricy after the sale to US Amps so people are looking for a sub that is in its class without the price tagg i can assume

I have gone with PAP for 3 yrs running now for Good Reason the subs Sound Great musically and preform in an Spl comp

I pulled my WMD^2 15's out of the boxx installed em went to a show Burpppped em and did a 153.4db, and these were my SQ subs :domoslay:

i just installed em in my 7cf ported to 52Hz

P1010824.jpg

P1010825.jpg

P1010826.jpg

P1010827.jpg

P1010828.jpg

P1010832.jpg

and Bammm

1st burppppppp

1534db.jpg

Gorilla Pimpin Bro

GorillaYawning01_2.gif

Just wondering about the other subs like the TC5000 or whatever it is that has 38mm Xmax, sub 20Hz Fs, a beast... SQ beast with massive low end.

I like how the thread turned out, got to see some more interesting things out there which is nice :)

I'm sticking with a 22" driver to come, I'm not looking to spend $1000's on a single sub... just over the years seems to me the highest displacement single SQ sub is the XXX still.

Hey Brian Whats Uppppppppp :) how have you been ? did you finish the new van ??? link please

Hey man! Link to the build and a video is in my sig. . .

159.7 @ 42 Hz last time I metered. Changed seats and waiting for SMD subs right now. May rebuild before I buy SMD subs and go with (5) 18's instead of (6) 15's. I honestly have been so busy that I hate the thought of starting over. Goal is still 160+ playing music.

Sorry for the thread jack - Back on track now!

The 22" BTL may give the XXX a run in displacement, but I think the XXX will still have the edge. Keep in mind they are going to be totally different subs. The XXX is a low end monster. We have installed a couple of the 12's. They are not as loud as people think they are going to be on the meter, but just listening to music the low end output is incredible.

XXX is so darn expensive. Skip is a RE dealer, and we just bought one off ebay instead of direct!!!!

Brian

Hey man! Link to the build and a video is in my sig. . .

159.7 @ 42 Hz last time I metered. Changed seats and waiting for SMD subs right now. May rebuild before I buy SMD subs and go with (5) 18's instead of (6) 15's. I honestly have been so busy that I hate the thought of starting over. Goal is still 160+ playing music.

Sorry for the thread jack - Back on track now!

The 22" BTL may give the XXX a run in displacement, but I think the XXX will still have the edge. Keep in mind they are going to be totally different subs. The XXX is a low end monster. We have installed a couple of the 12's. They are not as loud as people think they are going to be on the meter, but just listening to music the low end output is incredible.

XXX is so darn expensive. Skip is a RE dealer, and we just bought one off ebay instead of direct!!!!

Brian

I am thinking low end monster :) ya, I was also thinking price not a factor... many other subs would be a better alternative.

Really all i want to know is, is there anything else at all like it? Crazy they're not as loud as expected.... thats a lot of air to be moved!

It's not out yet, but the Exodus Audio Sicko-X is suppose to have an obscene 55mm Xmax and I think it is suppose to come in an 18".

Heres a link.

http://audiojunkies.com/blog/1155/exodus-a...th-the-sickness

It's the same principal as the Adire Parthenon. Heres a link talking about the Parthenon.

http://audiojunkies.com/blog/1201/adire-au...imate-subwoofer

It's not out yet, but the Exodus Audio Sicko-X is suppose to have an obscene 55mm Xmax and I think it is suppose to come in an 18".

Heres a link.

http://audiojunkies.com/blog/1155/exodus-a...th-the-sickness

It's the same principal as the Adire Parthenon. Heres a link talking about the Parthenon.

http://audiojunkies.com/blog/1201/adire-au...imate-subwoofer

the sicko will be a 21", started off as 30".. 5" coil, parthenon based motor... but it's gonna be a while cuz the specialty basket design tooling is too much, so for now with the 21" and 22" craze, Kevin decided to do a 21" Maelstrom-X for now. Right now, $3,500 is what he's seeing for a Sicko

Lol, well I guess a 21" would have a great deal more displacement than the 18". I mean any speaker with 55mm of Xmax is going to dwarf the competition in terms of displacement.

Lol, well I guess a 21" would have a great deal more displacement than the 18". I mean any speaker with 55mm of Xmax is going to dwarf the competition in terms of displacement.

exactly :)

so is there any other driver out there with more than 50mm Xmax? Or is it just the 06' XXX?

BTW I left out the jackhammer on purpose...

but screw it... they claim 2.5" 1 way Xmax

2.5 inches = 63.5 millimeters

but I didn't want this to turn into anything about the jackhammer (unless anyone feels it is deserving?)

Pantheron info taken from AJ.com

Here are the Thiele/Small parameters of the Parthenon that was used at CES 2004.

Fs: 11 Hz

Qms: 19.4

Qes: 0.73

Qts: 0.70

Vas: 4560L

Sd: 3716 cm^2 (24" square)

Xmax: 72mm one way BL linear

Xmech: 140mm rearward one way

SPL: 91 dB @ 1W, 1m

Impedance: quad 4 Ohm voice coil

Cms: 0.24 mm/N

BL: 30.5 N/A

Re: 11.2 Ohms (all voice coils in series)

Mms: 880 grams

Vd: 53 liters

Pmax: 2000W total

Here are the Thiele/Small parameters of the Parthenon that was used at CES 2004.

that thing is nuts

not in production

If I'm Correct, Didn't The Parthenon Not Have A Cone, But A Freaking Square Plate?

Beast Of A Sub, I Wish Exodus Would Revise The Brahma, Or Adire Itself Would Come Back.

If I'm Correct, Didn't The Parthenon Not Have A Cone, But A Freaking Square Plate?

Beast Of A Sub, I Wish Exodus Would Revise The Brahma, Or Adire Itself Would Come Back.

yup just a 48" square baffle I think, free air... imagine if harnessed to an enclosure!

Exodus is basically Adire, Dan Wiggins still helps Kevin. I was hoping they were gonna call the 21" Maelstrom-X the Tumult-X