creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

that's a good idea to do it outside of the city..

i'm going to the raynham show also and this time i will be entering it.. i just wanna see what i'm gunna be hitting

ya but as I said in previous post that chit can happen basicaally any plce you go you never know, the only problem I see is he mixed pleasure with biz. Now he might have to pay a very heavy prise, that sucks they are holding responsible for something out of his control. Hopefully everything works out for him, losing his job would be horrible in todays economy. I keep my fingers crossed for him.

Look forward to meeting you @ the Raynham show, I go to all his events exceprt the 1st 2 or 3 I missed. What class will you be competing in? I am running the A2 class this season to knock the dust off from years of retirement, so to speak, and to test and get my system set right. GL in w/e class you run.

on a side note, Kyle mentioned something to me about the most improved trophy being hsnded out @ a CT show, but I don't see any more CT events, did I misunderstand him or am I missing something? Oh ya I almost forgot, I stopped in the local car audio shop today to grab a fuse, while there I asked him if they were going to have an SPL comp. he said they were thinking about it but that the owner thought it may be too much work, so I told him to contact you to see whats up, fig. I'd try to send w/e biz I could your way

that's a good idea to do it outside of the city..

i'm going to the raynham show also and this time i will be entering it.. i just wanna see what i'm gunna be hitting

ya but as I said in previous post that chit can happen basicaally any plce you go you never know, the only problem I see is he mixed pleasure with biz. Now he might have to pay a very heavy prise, that sucks they are holding responsible for something out of his control. Hopefully everything works out for him, losing his job would be horrible in todays economy. I keep my fingers crossed for him.

Look forward to meeting you @ the Raynham show, I go to all his events exceprt the 1st 2 or 3 I missed. What class will you be competing in? I am running the A2 class this season to knock the dust off from years of retirement, so to speak, and to test and get my system set right. GL in w/e class you run.

on a side note, Kyle mentioned something to me about the most improved trophy being hsnded out @ a CT show, but I don't see any more CT events, did I misunderstand him or am I missing something? Oh ya I almost forgot, I stopped in the local car audio shop today to grab a fuse, while there I asked him if they were going to have an SPL comp. he said they were thinking about it but that the owner thought it may be too much work, so I told him to contact you to see whats up, fig. I'd try to send w/e biz I could your way

yea i understand. haha i only really said outside the city because i'd rather drive to a place like raynham for example... city driving is annoying.. but don't forget where we were and a lot of people from across the street made their way into the show

but yea i'll see you there.. i'll be the one with the white maxima. and i'm not sure what division i'll be in. it all depends on if i get my amp (SAZ-2000D) hooked up since i still need to buy batteries. if not i'll be running my baby ---- JL 250/1 :)

yea i understand. haha i only really said outside the city because i'd rather drive to a place like raynham for example... city driving is annoying.. but don't forget where we were and a lot of people from across the street made their way into the show

but yea i'll see you there.. i'll be the one with the white maxima. and i'm not sure what division i'll be in. it all depends on if i get my amp (SAZ-2000D) hooked up since i still need to buy batteries. if not i'll be running my baby ---- JL 250/1 :)

Ya I def. couldn't forget where we were lol it took me 2-3 days to talk my buddy into going with me after he found out where it was! I finally questioned his manhood and he gave in and went, he didn't regret fort. for me, cuz I would have never heard the end of it! :fryingpan:

I'll keep my eyes out for the maxima, glad to hear you are making yourself wait for batteries before you hook up the SAZ-2000, too many would just through it in and ecpect everything to be cool and sound good and not F up the ride. :nutkick:

Ya I def. couldn't forget where we were lol it took me 2-3 days to talk my buddy into going with me after he found out where it was! I finally questioned his manhood and he gave in and went, he didn't regret fort. for me, cuz I would have never heard the end of it! :fryingpan:

I'll keep my eyes out for the maxima, glad to hear you are making yourself wait for batteries before you hook up the SAZ-2000, too many would just through it in and ecpect everything to be cool and sound good and not F up the ride. :nutkick:

haha yea i know better. i'd like to avoid frying my alt. but i was just going to buy some deka batteries from remybattery.com for $175 each on monday maybe and they're sold out! just my luck haha but i'll probably just end up buying some yellowtops locally.

You'd be much better off buying a decent sized Kinetik than a few Yellow Tops. A Kinetik HC2000 has more storage capabilities of two Yellow Tops, and the HC2400 has more than three Yellow Tops. When you get into competing you'll notice that a lot of the entry level Amateur and Stock classes have battery size and quantity limits. It's like this in all the various competition organizations, some might be a little more relaxed than others though. So when you buy a battery you should look into the class you want to compete in based on your subs, then look at the battery limitations and buy your batteries according to this. You also want to make sure you do the Big 3 Upgrade before you go adding batteries.

As far as the trophies being handed out at a aCT show, thats still undecided. We are working on a CT show, but it's not confirmed yet. I'm working on one for the beginning of Sept in Mass too, I'll post those details when I get the final word from the shop. If I have to, we'll pass them out at one of the Boomer night shows in Nashua, but I'd rather do it in the daytime.

You'd be much better off buying a decent sized Kinetik than a few Yellow Tops. A Kinetik HC2000 has more storage capabilities of two Yellow Tops, and the HC2400 has more than three Yellow Tops. When you get into competing you'll notice that a lot of the entry level Amateur and Stock classes have battery size and quantity limits. It's like this in all the various competition organizations, some might be a little more relaxed than others though. So when you buy a battery you should look into the class you want to compete in based on your subs, then look at the battery limitations and buy your batteries according to this. You also want to make sure you do the Big 3 Upgrade before you go adding batteries.

As far as the trophies being handed out at a aCT show, thats still undecided. We are working on a CT show, but it's not confirmed yet. I'm working on one for the beginning of Sept in Mass too, I'll post those details when I get the final word from the shop. If I have to, we'll pass them out at one of the Boomer night shows in Nashua, but I'd rather do it in the daytime.

right on, I want that most improved trophy, I finally got my upgraded power so I wont be running 800w in a 2000w power class (1800w now) so I think I got a lil something for the boys. Glad that its still kinda in the air cuz I thought I was missing something lol, you know I'll be there no matter where you have a comp. I'll keep an eye out on your site.

If I don't hear from the shop in my town soon I'll keep pressuring them! There's even a great big empty lot across the street, would be perfect. If me pressuring them does'nt work, I'll get Scotty F. to swing by and a few others so they know I mean biz! maybe I should bring pics of previous shows so they can see how well they went off! If you have any tips on convinving a shop to give in do this hit me off cuz I'd love to make this happen.

If I don't hear from the shop in my town soon I'll keep pressuring them! There's even a great big empty lot across the street, would be perfect. If me pressuring them does'nt work, I'll get Scotty F. to swing by and a few others so they know I mean biz! maybe I should bring pics of previous shows so they can see how well they went off! If you have any tips on convinving a shop to give in do this hit me off cuz I'd love to make this happen.

You can't really pressure a shop into doing a show anymore, it's getting harder and harder to get car audio shops to do shows these days. Most competitors already own their subs and amps, so it leaves the shops with nothing they can sell to a competitor at a show. Sometimes they can make a few sales from people coming in off the street during the show, but it's rare from what I've been told. Shops would be more willing to do a show if there was going to be some kind of financial gain for them, and unlike SPL comps 5-10 years ago there isn't much money to be made by anyone on these shows. Years ago you could get 35-50 competitors for SPL alone, now we're happy to see just 20 come out and register. If you notice, most of our shows are alongside car shows, there are less headaches to deal with and a few more people register for SPL. If car audio shops would step up and sell some real car audio brands then they'd get competitors to buy from them. Problem is most shops are only looking to sell names like Rockford, JL Audio, Pioneer or Alpine, and let's face it....your not going to win a competition running any of those brands. They might sound ok just diving around and listening to music, but none of those companies make a product capable of handling the power subs need to win in SPL classes, other than the Amateur classes. Kicker subs are ok, but no serious competitors actually use subs like those. Car audio shops only want to sell brands that have been around for a long time and that people will recognize, and that they can buy really cheap. You won't find them selling any American products, only cheap crap made in China that can't handle the power needed in SPL comps. If shops would step up and start running better stuff like DC Sound Labs, T3 Audio, Fi Car Audio and a host of other less know brands then they would actually be able to sell to competitors, like they used to do years ago.

You can't really pressure a shop into doing a show anymore, it's getting harder and harder to get car audio shops to do shows these days. Most competitors already own their subs and amps, so it leaves the shops with nothing they can sell to a competitor at a show. Sometimes they can make a few sales from people coming in off the street during the show, but it's rare from what I've been told. Shops would be more willing to do a show if there was going to be some kind of financial gain for them, and unlike SPL comps 5-10 years ago there isn't much money to be made by anyone on these shows. Years ago you could get 35-50 competitors for SPL alone, now we're happy to see just 20 come out and register. If you notice, most of our shows are alongside car shows, there are less headaches to deal with and a few more people register for SPL. If car audio shops would step up and sell some real car audio brands then they'd get competitors to buy from them. Problem is most shops are only looking to sell names like Rockford, JL Audio, Pioneer or Alpine, and let's face it....your not going to win a competition running any of those brands. They might sound ok just diving around and listening to music, but none of those companies make a product capable of handling the power subs need to win in SPL classes, other than the Amateur classes. Kicker subs are ok, but no serious competitors actually use subs like those. Car audio shops only want to sell brands that have been around for a long time and that people will recognize, and that they can buy really cheap. You won't find them selling any American products, only cheap crap made in China that can't handle the power needed in SPL comps. If shops would step up and start running better stuff like DC Sound Labs, T3 Audio, Fi Car Audio and a host of other less know brands then they would actually be able to sell to competitors, like they used to do years ago.

So true!!! I really can't add to that, the only reason I want to push this place is when I asked them if they are ever going to do a comp. he said they were thinking about it, had talked about it recently and might actually do it but they were'nt sure on the metering part so I fig. they should get you to run it cuz you put on a great comp. Plus I was reading a post recently on USACi where they were urging competitors to let the local stores know that SPL comps. were in demand. IMO SPL (and SQ) NEEDS to grow in the Northeast and you are basically the only one doing anything about that, TY again btw. SO what can a little guy like me do to help that? I know it wont happen over night, it will take time no matter what tactic is employed but I know it could be much better then it is, the potential is there albeit hidden away, I know too many people in NH, MA and ME that share my love for it. I also know that if I want it too grow I need to help make it happen and not just expect it to happen for me (wouldn't that be sweet), I realize that we are fighting the economy as much as dealers lack of taste in equipment but theres got to be a way. If there's anything you can think of that I can do to help hit me up, Northeast competitors can't expect you to do it alone, we need to be pro-active IMO

So true!!! I really can't add to that, the only reason I want to push this place is when I asked them if they are ever going to do a comp. he said they were thinking about it, had talked about it recently and might actually do it but they were'nt sure on the metering part so I fig. they should get you to run it cuz you put on a great comp. Plus I was reading a post recently on USACi where they were urging competitors to let the local stores know that SPL comps. were in demand. IMO SPL (and SQ) NEEDS to grow in the Northeast and you are basically the only one doing anything about that, TY again btw. SO what can a little guy like me do to help that? I know it wont happen over night, it will take time no matter what tactic is employed but I know it could be much better then it is, the potential is there albeit hidden away, I know too many people in NH, MA and ME that share my love for it. I also know that if I want it too grow I need to help make it happen and not just expect it to happen for me (wouldn't that be sweet), I realize that we are fighting the economy as much as dealers lack of taste in equipment but theres got to be a way. If there's anything you can think of that I can do to help hit me up, Northeast competitors can't expect you to do it alone, we need to be pro-active IMO

Your best bet would be to give them one of our business cards and have them contact us with any questions they have. The best case is they agree to do a show, worst case they say no.

I'd like to see SQ make a comeback as well as SPL, but I don't see that happening. SPL is pretty easy to judge because it's all done with a meter and you see what score you get, it's pretty simple from a judging standpoint. But with SQ it's 90% judge dependent on how well you do. The judge gives you a score based on what he "thinks" of your set up, so if he likes it, you get more points, if he doesn't like it....or you, then you get less points. If the judge likes more bass in your music you could be ok, or not if he likes less bass in his music. If you bought everything in your system from his shop, or from his friends shop he might drop a couple extra points on your score, or take some off. Judging SQ isn't really fair to the competitor, compared to SPL. With SPL, you can judge a car in less than a minute, with SQ, it can take 10-15 minutes per car. SPL is great for a crowd of people to watch, SQ is boring and quiet. Either one can get very expensive, and if your serious in either format it's doubtful you can buy anything needed in a car audio shop, except for a new headunit. Best thing you can do is talk about SPL comps in forums and with people you know, try and get people to try a show and see what they hit. Not everyone wants to come back and try it again, but a lot of them do. When I hit up some of the local cruise nights I talk with local guys and try and get them into doing a show, doesn't always work but I keep trying.

Only a couple days left til the Team ECR show on Saturday and the Sanford Sounds Bikini Car wash Car Show and PL SoundOff on Sunday. Gonna be a big weekend.

Next Saturday is the Annual Diamond Detailing Car Show and SPL SoundOff in Raynham Mass. Registration begins at 11am and the show runs til 8pm. All the details are on our website, New England SPL.com

Just to give you an idea of what the trophies are going to look like for this show, the one on the left is what we're doing for 1st place, and the one on the right is our normal 1st place trophy. Think it's gonna be worth it?

Trophy.jpg

do u think that this event is going to have a bigger turnout than the one in boston like two weeks back?

do u think that this event is going to have a bigger turnout than the one in boston like two weeks back?

gonna be tough to top that one the line for spl was pretty long at any given time, but every week the league is gaining steam and faithful supporters! He puts on a GREAT comp., THE BEST in New England so it would'nt suprise me in the least if it topped every comp he's done to date. that said he'd be the best one to answer that question. Hope to see you there

Next Saturday is the Annual Diamond Detailing Car Show and SPL SoundOff in Raynham Mass. Registration begins at 11am and the show runs til 8pm. All the details are on our website, New England SPL.com

Just to give you an idea of what the trophies are going to look like for this show, the one on the left is what we're doing for 1st place, and the one on the right is our normal 1st place trophy. Think it's gonna be worth it?

Trophy.jpg

Nice trophy! hope I can keep myself on top in my class cuz I have to have one of those! btw the Sanford Sound trophies are awsome, you really went all out on them and this one looks even better, your fans are very appriciative, the extra effort you have been putting in has not gone un-noticed, obv. you care more about your competetors then $ ;-) gonna have to buy you a round or two after this season is over :5shots:

this trophy would look perfect perched next to the SSBCW trophy from sunday, looks like I better keep up my trend of getting louder every week! :lifter:

oh ya I also like how every week they are a dif. color, makes them look sweet arranged on my mantle, its like a rainbow of azz stompage :nutkick:

Nice trophy! hope I can keep myself on top in my class cuz I have to have one of those! btw the Sanford Sound trophies are awsome, you really went all out on them and this one looks even better, your fans are very appriciative, the extra effort you have been putting in has not gone un-noticed, obv. you care more about your competetors then $ ;-) gonna have to buy you a round or two after this season is over :5shots:

this trophy would look perfect perched next to the SSBCW trophy from sunday, looks like I better keep up my trend of getting louder every week! :lifter:

oh ya I also like how every week they are a dif. color, makes them look sweet arranged on my mantle, its like a rainbow of azz stompage :nutkick:

You think this one's big, if you can keep on top til the end of the season there's gonna be a 48" triple post trophy waiting for the top Amateur, right now it's you.....but we'll see by the end of the season.

When I was competing on a regular basis it used to piss me off to get the same trophy every show, (or worse, a plaque at every show) and it was the same color and size every time. Sure it's great to take 1st place all the time and all, but it lost some of the excitement when you look at the trophies you've won and they all look the same. Because of this I wanted to be a little better than others in the past have been, and I do more to make sure the trophies are at least a different color if not a different size. I used to drive at least 3 hours each way to some shows, and they'd hand you a paper certificate, couldn't even buy a frame for it. Things like this used to piss off a lot of guys, and I remember things like this and want to do what I can to not make the same mistakes. Years ago shops used to pay to have competition groups come out, now it's extremely rare so a few shows we actually lose money on, but it keeps the competitors happy so we do it. It's not all me either, my wife does her share of behind the scenes work to, so it's a group effort on everything. Nobody wants to lose money, but I try to look at it like you have to pay to have fun, and we have fun doing these shows. As a competitor you spend a lot of $$$ on equipment to compete in order to win a trophy, well we spend the same or more money to host and promote the shows and call ourselves lucky to break even when it's over. Guys compete and spend the money cause it's fun, an we do the same. we have fun meeting new people and giving advice to the new guys. Some of the larger groups that have a lot of money to spend can afford to buy trophies in bulk at the beginning of the season, a big reason they all look the same, but since we're still small all the money is coming out of our pockets so we buy the trophies before each show for a little more $$$. It's great cause they can be ordered in different colors and such, I can't really complain though, it' a lot of fun running shows and meeting all you new guys. We both really appreciate the thanks we get from people at shows and on forums like this, it let's us know that all our efforts aren't going unrecognized.

Honestly I doubt it. Saturday shows tend to have a smaller turnout for SPL, more guys have to work on Saturdays than Sundays. The car show portion should be smaller too, but should also have a lot more going on. If your on Myspace you need to add us to your friends list, we have been posting info on that show. I know they are planning a pizza eating comp, a milk chugging comp, several live bands, a DJ, Moon Bounce, a RockBand booth for the kids and a few other things in the works besides the car show and SPL comp. A lower turnout can be a bonus for some SPL competitors that can have their asses handed to them at the big shows, lol.

You think this one's big, if you can keep on top til the end of the season there's gonna be a 48" triple post trophy waiting for the top Amateur, right now it's you.....but we'll see by the end of the season.

When I was competing on a regular basis it used to piss me off to get the same trophy every show, (or worse, a plaque at every show) and it was the same color and size every time. Sure it's great to take 1st place all the time and all, but it lost some of the excitement when you look at the trophies you've won and they all look the same. Because of this I wanted to be a little better than others in the past have been, and I do more to make sure the trophies are at least a different color if not a different size. I used to drive at least 3 hours each way to some shows, and they'd hand you a paper certificate, couldn't even buy a frame for it. Things like this used to piss off a lot of guys, and I remember things like this and want to do what I can to not make the same mistakes. Years ago shops used to pay to have competition groups come out, now it's extremely rare so a few shows we actually lose money on, but it keeps the competitors happy so we do it. It's not all me either, my wife does her share of behind the scenes work to, so it's a group effort on everything. Nobody wants to lose money, but I try to look at it like you have to pay to have fun, and we have fun doing these shows. As a competitor you spend a lot of $$$ on equipment to compete in order to win a trophy, well we spend the same or more money to host and promote the shows and call ourselves lucky to break even when it's over. Guys compete and spend the money cause it's fun, an we do the same. we have fun meeting new people and giving advice to the new guys. Some of the larger groups that have a lot of money to spend can afford to buy trophies in bulk at the beginning of the season, a big reason they all look the same, but since we're still small all the money is coming out of our pockets so we buy the trophies before each show for a little more $$$. It's great cause they can be ordered in different colors and such, I can't really complain though, it' a lot of fun running shows and meeting all you new guys. We both really appreciate the thanks we get from people at shows and on forums like this, it let's us know that all our efforts aren't going unrecognized.

Now thats motivation!!! fort. for me I have lots of room for growth. If I told you what I have'nt done to my system you'd have alot of fun at my expense! no dynamat, only have 4 gauge wires, the wire to my subs is TINY, the batt. under my hood is stock and TINY, I have a daily tuned box not SPL (for now, dave's hooking me up), man the list goes on lol. But on the up side, as I do all this before the season ends the improvement margin goes up and up, 4 foot trophy huh? I better get to work and get my chit together! I gotta have it! You just gave me a new mission in life! well i guess not new but but made it an even bigger priority if thats possible! too bad I smoke and am a booze hound or I could sell some blood for extra cash, but they'd turn me down when my blood ignited lololol

Please thank the Mrs. for me, I know she also puts in alot of effort at the comps and I am sure behind the scenes too, she's just so quiet (and busy for that matter) that I forget to thank her, though I will remedy that this Sat. in Raynam. I respect that its a family affair, I know without my families support none of my system or success would have been possible. IMO the whole SPL scene should have more family support (not from ours cuz we got that, i mean in general) becuase lets face it, there's alot of people that would probly be spending their time on more destructful ventures if not for this addictive passion we have, its def. kept me out of more trouble! Yes noise laws do give us grief, but I can think of worse things that could happen or we could do.

To any1 reading this anywhere near New England, you MUST attend one of his comps. once you do you will be addicted! There is a reason he has competetors follow him to every show from all over the area, like CT, NH, MA and ME just for example. I know of many people who refuse to miss a single show he has, how many of you can say that the poeple who hold your comps care more about you the competetor then money? I doubt many of ya, and they can say they do but proving it like NESPL does is quite another matter!

We got the word this week, we'll be running SPL for the big Jammin 107.7 show in Waterford CT in September. They plan to offer cash prizes for the Highest SPL in the Amateur, Stock and Super Stock classes, in addition to the big trophies they always hand out. We'll have this show posted on the website soon. This show will also be the big show for NESPL season. This one will be our last big show and as such we'll be handing out the 4' trophies to the top Amateur competitor, Top Stock class competitor and also for the Top Team. We'll be handing out a few other special trophies too, you'll have to be there to know what they are.....or see if your getting one. Sunday Sept 27 in Waterford CT at the Crystal Mall, don't miss it!!!!!

We got the word this week, we'll be running SPL for the big Jammin 107.7 show in Waterford CT in September. They plan to offer cash prizes for the Highest SPL in the Amateur, Stock and Super Stock classes, in addition to the big trophies they always hand out. We'll have this show posted on the website soon. This show will also be the big show for NESPL season. This one will be our last big show and as such we'll be handing out the 4' trophies to the top Amateur competitor, Top Stock class competitor and also for the Top Team. We'll be handing out a few other special trophies too, you'll have to be there to know what they are.....or see if your getting one. Sunday Sept 27 in Waterford CT at the Crystal Mall, don't miss it!!!!!

wow sounds like you saved the best for last! cash for highest SPL in A class huh... hot dayum! Thats music to my ears, glad I am making some major add-ons over the next 2 weeks! You ran the SPL for this show last year right? how stiff was the competition in my class anywhere near 142-3 ish? not that I expect you to rem. a year ago lol but hey if i don't ask I don't know right?

this event sounds badass haha. I definately plan on going. although it is an absoulte hike from where I live I still want to go.. plan on seeing me there as long as everything goes the way I want. I'll be back in school but it shouldn't be a biggie.. can wait!

and I'm curious as what to the special trophies are for... hmm?

wow sounds like you saved the best for last! cash for highest SPL in A class huh... hot dayum! Thats music to my ears, glad I am making some major add-ons over the next 2 weeks! You ran the SPL for this show last year right? how stiff was the competition in my class anywhere near 142-3 ish? not that I expect you to rem. a year ago lol but hey if i don't ask I don't know right?

Last years classes were a little different, there was only one Amateur class last year. The results from that show are on the website, click on the results link then click the link for the 2008 results. You'll find results from a few shows there.

Edited by SPL Blazer

O yeah last years comp was sick, it was a lil different there was only and am open that was the first time i ever seen a sound comp and knew i wanted to be pasrt of the fun next year, this show is going to be sick i advise everyone to go, one of the biggest in ct if not the biggest, i cant wait to unleash the beast at this show. i am diening to compete again.

O yeah last years comp was sick, it was a lil different there was only and am open that was the first time i ever seen a sound comp and knew i wanted to be pasrt of the fun next year, this show is going to be sick i advise everyone to go, one of the biggest in ct if not the biggest, i cant wait to unleash the beast at this show. i am diening to compete again.

Welcome to ssa bro, check out the whole site, its great! very informative! some very well educated peeps up in here.

I am pumped for the the 27th too, just wish it was Aug 27th not Sept 27 lol I am way too impatient! fort. there are events before then or I'd not be able handle it. damn I love the NESPL!

btw, Mr. NESPL, I need some more NESPL cards, could ya bring some for me this Saturday? I gave out my last one today to Audio experts in Dover. They might come out for a show, also they said they are very pleased with the work you are doing, "glad some1 is helping and doing so much for SPL in this region" They aren't the only ones that are glad!

Edited by SPLScion

I'll have cards with me at the show in Laconia NH and I'll bring some on Sunday for the Manchester CT show too. Gonna be a warm weekend, looking to be close to 90 degrees both days.

thanks for all the tips at the manchester show, really helped out what i want to do with this year and in the future 1st place other, i was shocked but another piece of hardware to add to the collection so any hints about those end of the year awards yet lol.