creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

Oh and Thor, for the record, I don't think its easier to get a trunk louder then a van. In fact all of the loudest vehicles I have ever heard were vans. Of course all those vans were walled...

damn i wish i could have went im sitting at my retarded job looking at forums this sucks lol but i never said they were easier to get louder i said cars were and yeah im trying to make my van loud not walled which is hard especially with the limitations of am 2 lol but thats wat im doin this year next year it will b alot easier with no limits u kno, i didnt mean to start an argue ment with anyone but vans espescially a huge one has so much more air space to move, but yeah the nashua show i will b at cant wait for that one and the 27th for motor jam is one of the biggest shows in ct cant wait everyone should attend that one,

Hey Thor you gonna make the 27th event in CT? cuz that would be sweet! Die'n to see thos evil 10's!

The show in Chicopee Mass would be a closer show for him to come out to, the CT one would be at least an extra 1.5-2 hours away.

Thanks to the guys that did show up, it was a holiday weekend so I wasn't expecting a huge turnout, good thing too or we never would have finished. Hopefully I be able to figure out why Termlab sucked so bad today and get the issues fixed, I was ready to smash it at one point. Might have to pick up a better laptop, we'll see. I think there were only 19 competitors today, pretty good turnout. Seemed like a lot more of the shops customers came out to the first show. Either way, the guys from AudioWerks had a great time and want to run two more shows there next season. So we might be running our season opener with then again next year, we'll just make sure it's not on Mothers day like this year, or any other holiday. I'll get the results posted on the website by tomorrow and should have a few pics posted on our Myspace page as well.

Thanks to the guys that did show up, it was a holiday weekend so I wasn't expecting a huge turnout, good thing too or we never would have finished. Hopefully I be able to figure out why Termlab sucked so bad today and get the issues fixed, I was ready to smash it at one point. Might have to pick up a better laptop, we'll see. I think there were only 19 competitors today, pretty good turnout. Seemed like a lot more of the shops customers came out to the first show. Either way, the guys from AudioWerks had a great time and want to run two more shows there next season. So we might be running our season opener with then again next year, we'll just make sure it's not on Mothers day like this year, or any other holiday. I'll get the results posted on the website by tomorrow and should have a few pics posted on our Myspace page as well.

no man. thank you! haha another good show

and good luck with the term lab/laptop issue.. i don't blame you for wanting to smash it

^^^^^ X2 Thanks a bunch for a fun show. Really I think you handled the termlab issues very well, you never outwardly let on how frustrated you were even tho I knew you had to be super pissed. I know I would have had wanted to power bomb the lap top if it were mine. On a different note alot fo personal bests set today, I know of 5 of your regulars that set new high scores! & I'm sure it was probably more.

SO Marcus, happy you came today? You def. earned that 2nd place man had to work for it, but more rewarding that way. Good thing you paid for one more run eeh? I am glad tho that the guy you edged out still got a trophy, it was his 1st comp ever and I think he's hooked, was a real nice guy too.

Audio werks did a good jobtoo, was cool of them to buy a bunch of doughnuts and they even had a worker clean the BR a few times throughout the day, I thought was going above and beyond lol. Maybe their customers didn't come out tothis one cuz they got their azzes handed to them the 1st show haha. Not that its anything against the shop as they seem to be an SQ / show car type of shop, not an SPL shop. I don't see some1 with 2 Boston Acustics 10's in a pretty fiberglass enclosure doing well in an SPL format against guys with Dave L.'s box's or guys like Mike from Renots 160 db FTW haha. Again nothing against the shop, sure their customers would do well in an SQ format and or car show.

Glad to hear they want you back, guess we behaved ourselves lol. Was cool seeing some new faces today. I am still in shock that red astro van was no more then 1 db louder then me wow. Daves old octobox with one sub smoked it, so sick

Ok I'll sign out, was so pumped for today I only slept 2 hours last night and my brain is fried. Thanks again for a great show and great time. See you at Boomers, which is ALWAYS a great time! Night shows are very fun! They are like firework shows with a bass heavy soundtrack.

^^^^^ X2 Thanks a bunch for a fun show. Really I think you handled the termlab issues very well, you never outwardly let on how frustrated you were even tho I knew you had to be super pissed. I know I would have had wanted to power bomb the lap top if it were mine. On a different note alot fo personal bests set today, I know of 5 of your regulars that set new high scores! & I'm sure it was probably more.

SO Marcus, happy you came today? You def. earned that 2nd place man had to work for it, but more rewarding that way. Good thing you paid for one more run eeh? I am glad tho that the guy you edged out still got a trophy, it was his 1st comp ever and I think he's hooked, was a real nice guy too.

Audio werks did a good jobtoo, was cool of them to buy a bunch of doughnuts and they even had a worker clean the BR a few times throughout the day, I thought was going above and beyond lol. Maybe their customers didn't come out tothis one cuz they got their azzes handed to them the 1st show haha. Not that its anything against the shop as they seem to be an SQ / show car type of shop, not an SPL shop. I don't see some1 with 2 Boston Acustics 10's in a pretty fiberglass enclosure doing well in an SPL format against guys with Dave L.'s box's or guys like Mike from Renots 160 db FTW haha. Again nothing against the shop, sure their customers would do well in an SQ format and or car show.

Glad to hear they want you back, guess we behaved ourselves lol. Was cool seeing some new faces today. I am still in shock that red astro van was no more then 1 db louder then me wow. Daves old octobox with one sub smoked it, so sick

Ok I'll sign out, was so pumped for today I only slept 2 hours last night and my brain is fried. Thanks again for a great show and great time. See you at Boomers, which is ALWAYS a great time! Night shows are very fun! They are like firework shows with a bass heavy soundtrack.

haha yes I'm very happy with the trip and with the extra $10 that I spent.

but definately felt a little bad for the dude I edged out but hey it is a competition right

but glad to see he still got a trophy.

don't know when my next event will be :/ maybe not til next season

Another good day today for my boxes

NESPL in Tewksbury, MA...I had 5 boxes at this show in 5 different classes and all 5 took 1st place in their class!

Amatuar 2- Bill G. 144.6db- 1st place

Stock 1- Dave H. 144.5db- 1st place

Stock 3- Henrique V. 147.4- 1st place (with 1 twelve and 1 amp!!)

Stock 4- Dave Lehneman (me) 152.0db 1st place

Super Stock No Wall- Henrique V. 149.5db- 1st place (with 1 fifteen and 1 amp!!)

Set a new personal high of 152.0 legal (also the highest Stock score to date in NESPL) which made me happy.

Congrats to all the competitors, and thanks Steve!

hey you know what i was wondering..

how can i get my hands on one of those "I'm Louder Than You" tshirts?

they are NESPL shirts right i forget what's on the front

I won mine, he gave them away to the 1st place winners at the New Look show in Boston. But I think he sells them too, think I remember reading a post some where with him saying he was going to make up some more or a new design or something like that, contact SPL blazer.

I won mine, he gave them away to the 1st place winners at the New Look show in Boston. But I think he sells them too, think I remember reading a post some where with him saying he was going to make up some more or a new design or something like that, contact SPL blazer.

alright thanks.

are you going to the last Mass. show in Chicopee?

I go to every NESPL event. My 1st one was June 20th in Epping and I haven't missed one since nor will I ;-) Why you thinking you may be able to attend? I should be in a new class by then, either stock 3 or more likely no wall, after the 27th I'm adding a chit ton more power gonna start burping tones with min. 4000 watts rms if not more. I'm tired of being under powered :-) Its time to start pushing my limits!

I go to every NESPL event. My 1st one was June 20th in Epping and I haven't missed one since nor will I ;-) Why you thinking you may be able to attend? I should be in a new class by then, either stock 3 or more likely no wall, after the 27th I'm adding a chit ton more power gonna start burping tones with min. 4000 watts rms if not more. I'm tired of being under powered :-) Its time to start pushing my limits!

oh nice that's making me want to go even more now due to the fact that I probably wouldn't win 1st in A2 until u were out of it ;)

so I'm gunna try to make that one. I hope it works out. I want atleast one more comp. under my belt before the offseason.

Bill's right, we were giving them away to the 1st place winners at a show. Unfortunately we don't have any more, we might get some made up next season, but I'm not sure yet. We are planning on a new design for next season, those we'll have plenty of.......but you'll have to wait til next season for those.

Edited by SPL Blazer

oh nice that's making me want to go even more now due to the fact that I probably wouldn't win 1st in A2 until u were out of it ;)

so I'm gunna try to make that one. I hope it works out. I want atleast one more comp. under my belt before the offseason.

lol, I'm humble but I'll admit I have been tearing up A2 this year, after the 27th it will be up for grabs. Glad to hear you'll likely be there, hope things work out for you to make it, didn't I tell ya NESPL events are very fun and very addicting! I see myself building for his organization exclusively for a long time to come.

lol, I'm humble but I'll admit I have been tearing up A2 this year, after the 27th it will be up for grabs. Glad to hear you'll likely be there, hope things work out for you to make it, didn't I tell ya NESPL events are very fun and very addicting! I see myself building for his organization exclusively for a long time to come.

hell yeah dude nespl is the organazation to do, steve you have the most events around its always a good time, and everyone is good people, im building for NESPL, not for any of the other organazations, so bill are u doin no wall or stock 3

No Wall, I like the Mad Max mentality of the rules in that class. After having so many restrictions I want to be able to add 6-8 batteries, 8 kilowatts and run 4 15's in my little car lol. Time for me to start shopping for a H/O alt.

I wonder if there are any podium rules NESPL, is there a db level that forces me to be outside of the car? I remember Mike T. from Team 420 sitting in his truck playing music in the mid 150's so I'm assuming I'd be all set...

I wonder if there are any podium rules NESPL, is there a db level that forces me to be outside of the car? I remember Mike T. from Team 420 sitting in his truck playing music in the mid 150's so I'm assuming I'd be all set...

There are no rules about podiums, because No Wall is considered to be a part of the Super Stock classes and those are allowed in Super Stock. As far as a db level, with the 2009 rules there is nothing, but there will be in 2010. Once the season is over I'll probably start a thread for competitors to voice their opinions and thoughts on some rule changes for 2010.

Just confirmed today, DC SoundLabs are the Official Sponsor of the Top Trophies being handed out at our Sept 27th show for Jammin 107.7.

Just confirmed today, DC SoundLabs are the Official Sponsor of the Top Trophies being handed out at our Sept 27th show for Jammin 107.7.

thats awesome, congrats for dc, i cant wait till next year when i can run my level 5's going to b so sick,

Next weekend is the Jammin 107.7 show, Registration begins at 9am, show runs from 11-4 depending on the turnout.

really was hoping to go to this event. but the rents don't think I should be able to drive to CT. bullllllcrap.. I drove through Boston and all that other b/s through the tunnels and all... maybe I can change their minds. haha doubt it

17 isn't always what it's cracked up to be lol. and I think I got a tad louder too but need the proof.

hope you have a good turnout though. GL to all as well

Well there's always the Chicopee show on October 11th, or the final night show in Epping NH on the 24th.

yea I'm shooting for Chicopee but I mentione it already and it didn't blow over to well.. idk why.

but off topic. do u have an oscilloscope or know anybody that goes to your shows that has one?

but off topic. do u have an oscilloscope or know anybody that goes to your shows that has one?

Yeah right, lol. I called a couple dozen shops all over the area a few years ago looking for one and almost all of them had no idea what one was, the ones that did know had sold theirs. I haven't heard anyone even mention one in years.

haha ofcourse.. gotta love the new england audio shops.

good to have ofcourse don't get me wrong. but I wish they made the money to branch out more and get with the new ways.

anyways.. the epping show is looking like a possibilty. it's a shorter drive if not the same and even though it's at night it's on a Saturday which isn't a school night.. but we will see. what time do u see that show ending?