creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

haha ofcourse.. gotta love the new england audio shops.

good to have ofcourse don't get me wrong. but I wish they made the money to branch out more and get with the new ways.

anyways.. the epping show is looking like a possibilty. it's a shorter drive if not the same and even though it's at night it's on a Saturday which isn't a school night.. but we will see. what time do u see that show ending?

The Epping show this past weekend got over before 10pm. Might be a little after 10 the next time if the car show portion gets bigger. The CT show should be over by 5pm, so you'll have plenty of time to get home from that one if time is an issue.

Edited by SPL Blazer

good to have ofcourse don't get me wrong. but I wish they made the money to branch out more and get with the new ways.

anyways.. the epping show is looking like a possibilty. it's a shorter drive if not the same and even though it's at night it's on a Saturday which isn't a school night.. but we will see. what time do u see that show ending?

The Epping show this past weekend got over before 10pm. Might be a little after 10 the next time if the car show portion gets bigger. The CT show should be over by 5pm, so you'll have plenty of time to get home from that one if time is an issue.

yeah most likely, the show last year ended around the time t was suppossed toi cant wait for this show jammin 107.7 always puts on a good show, only a few more days were all coming in together for this show 7 cars i believe maybe 9, yo mbarber you should deff come i wanna check out that system sounds awesome have you added any new things to it

yeah most likely, the show last year ended around the time t was suppossed toi cant wait for this show jammin 107.7 always puts on a good show, only a few more days were all coming in together for this show 7 cars i believe maybe 9, yo mbarber you should deff come i wanna check out that system sounds awesome have you added any new things to it

believe me I'm trying.

but I didn't add anything new. just a couple small adjustments such as fixing some of the gains. i think it hits harder now

and I also have couple ideas I want to try out for getting louder specifically for the mic

Edited by mbarber25

Just a suggestion, invite your family to go with you, there are several spl competetors that bring family members (Brice and me for example) as they are good family events. I looked into the location this Sunday and its in a very good "part of the state" apparently. Not in say Bridgewater lol, wouldn't want the rents in Bridgewater as you might end up going home without one! lol

Hope to see you at one soon, by the time I see you again I'll have new subs, amps, processing, more 1/0 and I am in the stock 3 now as of a week or so ago. woot woot

As far as u getting louder without adding equipment, its very possible, every week this summer I went up db's and only added new gear once (not including this coming weekend) just by constantly making small adjustments and tweeks and of course lots of mic time, mic time/testing were the biggest factor to it. Thats why I owe so much to Dave L. and Steve for me getting louder (can't really thank them enough for their help). Marcus you need mic time and to come to chill with your new friends :-)

Just a suggestion, invite your family to go with you, there are several spl competetors that bring family members (Brice and me for example) as they are good family events. I looked into the location this Sunday and its in a very good "part of the state" apparently. Not in say Bridgewater lol, wouldn't want the rents in Bridgewater as you might end up going home without one! lol

Hope to see you at one soon, by the time I see you again I'll have new subs, amps, processing, more 1/0 and I am in the stock 3 now as of a week or so ago. woot woot

As far as u getting louder without adding equipment, its very possible, every week this summer I went up db's and only added new gear once (not including this coming weekend) just by constantly making small adjustments and tweeks and of course lots of mic time, mic time/testing were the biggest factor to it. Thats why I owe so much to Dave L. and Steve for me getting louder (can't really thank them enough for their help). Marcus you need mic time and to come to chill with your new friends :-)

yea a matter of fact I did ask my father to go to the chicopee event since he told me it was so bad there. I didn't see how since it's in boonies but I guess it's pretty "hard" out there now. who knows

but hopefully I can figure something out. haha trust me I'll get to atleast one more

as for gaining db i've had a good go at it.

first run ever - 133.?

last run to date - 142.6

ofcourse I added power between the two events but I made a 3db gain at one event and 1db gain at the second in between the two runs. thanks to all the guys there ofcourse ;)

but I'm learning a lot so hopefully I can gain atleast another db before this season is over

Yeah I have no idea how bad it is out there, Springfield is all ghetto from what I've heard, not the place I'd want to move my family to, not as bad as Murderpan or Dorchester but not great either way. The Chicopee show is being held at Porter & Chester Institute, it's a decent location from what I've been told. If you hit the Waterford CT show you can hit the Olive Garden for dinner afterwards, they have some great food. The Jammin show is at the Crystal Mall and the location is pretty nice, we ran it for them last year too.

Yeah I have no idea how bad it is out there, Springfield is all ghetto from what I've heard, not the place I'd want to move my family to, not as bad as Murderpan or Dorchester but not great either way. The Chicopee show is being held at Porter & Chester Institute, it's a decent location from what I've been told. If you hit the Waterford CT show you can hit the Olive Garden for dinner afterwards, they have some great food. The Jammin show is at the Crystal Mall and the location is pretty nice, we ran it for them last year too.

yea he said it was worse than Springfield. and he's been around and he actually lives in reality

so I believe it.

but can't live your life around other people so I'll go either way.

yea he said it was worse than Springfield. and he's been around and he actually lives in reality

so I believe it.

but can't live your life around other people so I'll go either way.

k im in springfield rite now doin the big an have driven around to multiple places, springfield isnt that bad there are parts you shouldnt leave your doors unlocked but most of it is fine chicopee is not bad at all you dont have to worry about bringing your family or your car to that show, plus that show will be awesome most porter and chester shows are steve you should hop in on that dd eating competition lol all the spl guys should, its free food cant complain, so marcus yeah if you do come to motor jam that is in a perfect part of town mall parking lot tons of great food around there aswell steve mentioned live garden they just built a longhorn steakhouse there to

The Jammin show HAS BEEN POSTPONED TIL OCT 4TH.

hey whats up guys so its suppossed to rain this sunday to, they're saying a 40 percent chance of rain, so hopefully its just like a light sprinkle or something steve you think that jammin would completley cancel the show, i hope not, the past few shows have been rained out it sucks damn rain

I guess it depends on where you look for the weather, one place says rain, another says cloudy.

It's way too early to even think about what Jammin might or might not do. They wont tell me til Sunday morning.

the past few shows have been rained out it sucks damn rain

Actually, so far this was the 3rd time it rained, and forced a rain date. The Epping show took place a couple weeks after the original date, the Boomer Nashua show hasn't been able to find a location to hold their last show, but we're still waiting to hear the final word on that one. The Jammin show will most likely happen Sunday regardless. So it could be worse. The weather this season has been a lot worse than previous years, seems like winter is coming a lot faster than usual too. Wonder how cold it's gonna be at our final show, that ones on Oct 24 and it's a night show.

the past few shows have been rained out it sucks damn rain

Actually, so far this was the 3rd time it rained, and forced a rain date. The Epping show took place a couple weeks after the original date, the Boomer Nashua show hasn't been able to find a location to hold their last show, but we're still waiting to hear the final word on that one. The Jammin show will most likely happen Sunday regardless. So it could be worse. The weather this season has been a lot worse than previous years, seems like winter is coming a lot faster than usual too. Wonder how cold it's gonna be at our final show, that ones on Oct 24 and it's a night show.

hey here we go guys a few more days left motor jam 09, hopefully is a big show and a big spl turnout, ECAC will lbe there in full force, the weather is saying cloudy yet 70 so perfect weather the sun one b out heating everyones stuff up,

Might be back up in New England area next year competing, may be moving back up cuz all my family is too far away down here in FL... So I'll prolli be seeing alot more of you guys in the 2010 season, likely running all Sundown gear.

Might be back up in New England area next year competing, may be moving back up cuz all my family is too far away down here in FL... So I'll prolli be seeing alot more of you guys in the 2010 season, likely running all Sundown gear.

nice dude cant wait the more the better sundown is nasty i saw your rebuild plans should deff be sick

Right on, I look forward to meeting you. People living in the North East should compete in NESPL imo, it has by far the most events and is run by a guy who really cares about his competetors. Add to that alot of nice people that are passionate about SPL and at almost every competition and you'll absolutely enjoy the league.

I moved down to Miami for a year but came back to be close to my family as well.

One more day till Motor Jam woot woot, PLEASE NO RAIN! I need to certify a score!!

I was checking mapquest and it's telling me to go 495 to 290 to 395, but on other forums they are saying straight down 95s is best. Is this because they are heading down from MA, obv. farther south then me or is mapquest being retarded as it so often is?

I was checking mapquest and it's telling me to go 495 to 290 to 395, but on other forums they are saying straight down 95s is best. Is this because they are heading down from MA, obv. farther south then me or is mapquest being retarded as it so often is?

dude follow map quest its the fastest way trust me i go that way to get to you guys shows all the time man

Bill, your best route is gonna be rt 95. Your going right past my town on your way, rte 95 will take me 6 minutes longer than following 395. The show is right off of rt 95 so it's a simpler way for me to get there....plus I'd have to get on the pike too, so there's a toll I won't have to pay.

Either way, just be there, lol. See you all in the AM, we're shooting for about 9:30am. I have to be at work tonight at 9pm, and work til 7am, so I'll be haulin ass to be there by 9:30.

Bill, your best route is gonna be rt 95. Your going right past my town on your way, rte 95 will take me 6 minutes longer than following 395. The show is right off of rt 95 so it's a simpler way for me to get there....plus I'd have to get on the pike too, so there's a toll I won't have to pay.

Either way, just be there, lol. See you all in the AM, we're shooting for about 9:30am. I have to be at work tonight at 9pm, and work til 7am, so I'll be haulin ass to be there by 9:30.

the show is just off both of the highways lol but yeah we will all be there steve you will have to haul lol ass so bill are you driving down with dave nick and john

the show is just off both of the highways lol but yeah we will all be there steve you will have to haul lol ass so bill are you driving down with dave nick and john

I actually just emailed dave about when he's headed down ect. so I guess we are figuring that out now. If we head down together that will determine which way I go lol, should of thought of it earlier I guess :-)

I actually just emailed dave about when he's headed down ect. so I guess we are figuring that out now. If we head down together that will determine which way I go lol, should of thought of it earlier I guess :-)

Ok, the Jammin Show is over, it was a great show, and great turnout by all. Now for the next show. We'll be in Chicopee Mass next Sunday at Porter & Chester Institute. We'll be handing out the Top Team and Most Improved trophies along with one for the 2009 NESPL Competitor of the Year. Check out the main website for the address and details for the show.

The results from today are up on the website, I'll have the team points and competitor stats updated tomorrow.

CHICOPEE cant wait good job to all of my teams members, bill congrats on the season high, and lets get that wired down lol M.I for stock comes down to the last show, but yeah we will have 7 cars at chicopee, this show will be awesome, i wanna hit 144.4, that would be a 10 db gain over the season, i'm at 9 gotta squeeze one more db out, hopefully the weather is perfect, and we get a big showing like motor jam, not bad for a ct show lol

CHICOPEE cant wait good job to all of my teams members, bill congrats on the season high, and lets get that wired down lol M.I for stock comes down to the last show, but yeah we will have 7 cars at chicopee, this show will be awesome, i wanna hit 144.4, that would be a 10 db gain over the season, i'm at 9 gotta squeeze one more db out, hopefully the weather is perfect, and we get a big showing like motor jam, not bad for a ct show lol

Ya def. some drama/excitement/stress for most improved stock, good thing I got something up my sleeve. Would of done it for run 3 but I "him haw'd" too long and runs ended before I got the subs bolted back in, doh! Just glad I asked Steve if he was done before I started putting the bolts back in. I only need to be 6/10ths higher then I am ATM, if my amps can handle the load it will be easy, but thats a big IF! I have increased SPL 11 events in a row, but I really need to continue the streak one more event to get 'er done. 12 is my magic number and the pressure is on.

Thanks for the congrats and well done to my whole club on improving so much over the season.

Motor Jam was a blast with some great competition, 39 SPL entrants 20 or more over 140 db and 5 or more in the 150's. Can't wait for Chicopee, see you all there.