creatormass

New England SPL Competitions

Thats what makes it fun, and painful like a woman hahaha. I want the 155 mark and I want it bad. I know 160 will be very very hard and may take more then just another year, but its my long term goal and what I'll be shooting for, music @ 154-55 would satisfy me for next season.

I do remember Keith saying he paid $6K for .6 db at one point, I dunno if I think thats badass or retarded or both but I got the bug and want to play.

Thanks Kyle, it was a one hell of a year thats for sure!

Thats what makes it fun, and painful like a woman hahaha. I want the 155 mark and I want it bad. I know 160 will be very very hard and may take more then just another year, but its my long term goal and what I'll be shooting for, music @ 154-55 would satisfy me for next season.

I do remember Keith saying he paid $6K for .6 db at one point, I dunno if I think thats badass or retarded or both but I got the bug and want to play.

hey bill check out the link in my signature its the club website sign up for it and spread the word

There are no rules pertaining to going between classes during the season or at all. It was something that never came up during the season, or at the beginning of the season when the rules were made. If someone thats been competing for a full season in either NESPL or another org was to sign up for Amateur I wouldn't allow them to, it's not a rule but it is something i would enforce if needed. For the 2010 season I will have a rule in place for something like this.

Another issue will come up with the new Amateur classes for next season. If I do add the Amateur 3 class then I will go by surface area and not by power as I've done this season. Also, I will be adding a rule for those that attend a show with more than one vehicle, rules on that won't be posted til next year. There are a few people in the Amateur, Stock and Super Stock classes that have more than one vehicle, so we want to make sure they aren't bringing both vehicles and putting them in the same class, that wouldn't be fair to everyone else.

Something we will also have next year is someone to actually go around and verify the equipment being used in the Amateur and Stock classes, to make sure people are really in the correct classes. I will also be using the sensor jig on a regular basis too.

If your thinking of going with the No Wall classes instead of the Stock 3 class then maybe running four 12's, or six 10's and a lot more power would get you closer to your goal. Enclosure design and power will be your biggest issue. I know Mike Travassos has been running four 12" DC SoundLab subs, can't remember if they were the level 4XL's or the level 5's., anyway, he's been the loudest in the No Wall class this season, he did a 154.0 in No Wall and a 152.6 in Slammin Bass. Thats also with a pair of American Bass 500.1's, pretty much twice the size of your current set up. It will be some work for you, but I don't see why you can't do a 155 in that car. At least you have a good goal and intend to make it. Now if you can keep your windshield gasket from coming out again you'll be much better.

hahah ya, that was some funny chit! I'm glad I had friends there and that they noticed it and did their best 2 jam it backin, but I'll def. have to find a permanent or more permanent solution for that for sure.

As much as I love my enclosure its def. being replaced, Dave L. and I have already had several brain storming sessions on a new one taylor made for these subs, got to make it easier to pull the subs in and out too cuz its a nightmare the way it is now. My plan is to at least triple my power going to the subs, and to do it properly electrical wise. I know thats just for starters, I got alot of work ahead of me.

Glad you like my goal, I feel its improtant to have specific goals like this to stay focus'd, cuz really I am competing against myself and against that meter.

I also need to figure out WTF I am gonna do about my spoiler, unfort. I don't really like the look of TC's without them, I'm open to suggestions. & I know I like to make things difficult for myself, I should just remove the damn thing but that would dissapoint me greatly. It's possible to be real loud and look good doing right? lolol Maybe a carbon fiber one wouldn't crack like this one has :shrug: It'll still loosen badly but I could always just tighhten it on a daily basis. I'll have to talk to shizzzon about this I guess.

I didn't even see that link Kyle, thanks for the heads up, I'll pass along the word too.

hahah ya, that was some funny chit! I'm glad I had friends there and that they noticed it and did their best 2 jam it backin, but I'll def. have to find a permanent or more permanent solution for that for sure.

As much as I love my enclosure its def. being replaced, Dave L. and I have already had several brain storming sessions on a new one taylor made for these subs, got to make it easier to pull the subs in and out too cuz its a nightmare the way it is now. My plan is to at least triple my power going to the subs, and to do it properly electrical wise. I know thats just for starters, I got alot of work ahead of me.

Glad you like my goal, I feel its improtant to have specific goals like this to stay focus'd, cuz really I am competing against myself and against that meter.

I also need to figure out WTF I am gonna do about my spoiler, unfort. I don't really like the look of TC's without them, I'm open to suggestions. & I know I like to make things difficult for myself, I should just remove the damn thing but that would dissapoint me greatly. It's possible to be real loud and look good doing right? lolol Maybe a carbon fiber one wouldn't crack like this one has :shrug: It'll still loosen badly but I could always just tighhten it on a daily basis. I'll have to talk to shizzzon about this I guess.

I didn't even see that link Kyle, thanks for the heads up, I'll pass along the word too.

yeah the gasket was nuts lol but yeah join the page there is a register link on the front page thanks bill

I like it man you guys did a bang up job on it. Still trying to decide what screen name I want on it, I'm torn between a few but as soon as I decode I'll register.

I wish I had a video of my run so I could see how bad the gasket came out, from what everyone said, the reactions of people and the teasing about I can only assume it was pretty hilarious.

Edited by SPLScion

I like it man you guys did a bang up job on it. Still trying to decide what screen name I want on it, I'm torn between a few but as soon as I decode I'll register.

I wish I had a video of my run so I could see how bad the gasket came out, from what everyone said, the reactions of people and the teasing about I can only assume it was pretty hilarious.

dude the shit was awesome lol we will record it at the next show and post it on the site and stuff it was so cool

There is a video of one of your runs, but not with the gasket coming out.

There is a video of one of your runs, but not with the gasket coming out.

really? how'd I miss that? It was probly my run where I forgot to plug the friggen rca into one of my amps, lol I'm such an idiot. Both my slammin bass runs were a disaster. By all rights I should have skipped that format altogether, I wasn't focused in the least on either of those runs, used the wrong song and a list of other screw ups. I just couldn't pass up a chance for a trophy in it and I like donating the extra $10 to NESPL lol. But really I wouldn't change anything from that day, I'll never forget that day so long as I live, with getting my Gram home from the hospital after 3 months on Saturday and then an amazing Sunday (with all the drama of coming down to the last minute) that had to be the best weekend of my life to date.

Where's the video posted Steve, I'd love to see it?

SmokeyDog has them posted on YouTube, I'll look around for the links later on.

If anyone is looking for an SPL car, Mike Houde is selling his Yugo, wants only $300 for the car, or $600 and he'll leave the Kenwood headunit and the 6 runs of 0 ga in it.

Too bad by the time I got the loot together it will be gone. I wonder if Dave H. would want it, can you imagine what it would look like after he got his hands on it lol. I bet it would even drive uphill ;-) :drink40:

If anyone is looking for an SPL car, Mike Houde is selling his Yugo, wants only $300 for the car, or $600 and he'll leave the Kenwood headunit and the 6 runs of 0 ga in it.

sale pending! to the best of my knowledge this baby has a new home

sale pending! to the best of my knowledge this baby has a new home

so who's buying it

Shh, it's a secret. I sent him the contact info, now it's up to them to seal the deal.

Just to give some of you a heads up, we started a new thread on the CarAudio.com forums for the 2010 rule and class changes. Just something to get some feedback from our competitors on the changes before we finalize them for the season.

2010 NESPL Rules Discussion thread

Just to give some of you a heads up, we started a new thread on the CarAudio.com forums for the 2010 rule and class changes. Just something to get some feedback from our competitors on the changes before we finalize them for the season.

2010 NESPL Rules Discussion thread

going to head there now and make an account

you'll be seeing me probably every event so i need to check it out

Edited by mbarber25

Sounds great, seems most are cool with the changes, but I'd like to hear from more people before we finalize the rules for the new season. Sometimes I miss something when I make the rules, and I rely on the competitors to point out mistakes that I may have made.

We won't set up anything until the end of April, maybe the beginning of May. I'm pretty sure the 1st show will be in Tewksbury Mass at AudioWerks again. They had a good time last season and want to run at least 2 more shows in 2010.

nice. i can't wait.

should hopefully have the new vehicle by then but i have no clue about any new equipment

should be an exciting year. i'm hoping to see a lot of new faces.

what do you think?

in 2010 we'll be running a mix of NESPL events, and also shows for Team NorthEast SPL (TNESPL) and possibly a couple of dB Drags shows for those that need points for finals. I expect to see at least 20 SPL events in New England between all these formats. We have a couple people that will be helping out with running some shows for us in 2010, so we should be able to get additional shows going. Hopefully we'll see a couple weekends with a show on Saturday and Sunday. TNESPL has an official membership along with a Finals event in NY, so a decent number of our competitors will be trying to collect points for a Finals invite.