phresh

What do you consider loud for daily play?

Some say 140db+ but I would say 150db+.

Also I want to know if 2 Q15s on a Sundown 1500 in a 8cuft ported box at 32hz hit 150?

WTF.

evil-monkey.png

145 is loud for daily...

and your questions makes me sad/mad

depends....150@60hz is meh. 150@30hz is :wub: i take it you haven't heard 150 before. Your question is stupid, but most likely, no it won't be in the 50's range

anything past 145db is brain dead for daily driving........

my next install will be over 150db for daily.... :gift:

anything past 145db is brain dead for daily driving........

my next install will be over 150db for daily.... :gift:

Lol

Just to answer your question, its all install dependant, we can't tell you how loud your going to be, Only the meter can.

apparently sustained exposure to sound over 85 db can cause permanent hearing damage, 140+ daily is very loud (however this is coming from someone who has fired hundreds various rounds without proper hearing protection)

Also I want to know if 2 Q15s on a Sundown 1500 in a 8cuft ported box at 32hz hit 150?

first q depends on the person 140+ at a lower freq. then 40 hrz most people have never hear from an audio system.. i personally like to peak in the low thirties... so it depends on the person..

second sure u can hit a 150 with that just throw the meter in the port..lol every car is different and is very instann dependant

Burping 150db is ALOT different then doing 150 listening to a typical song IE Nelly country grammar,bad example but all i could think of. I personally think if you can burp a 145+ then that setup should be more then sufficient for daily listening but then again this thread is all opinion oriented

I do in the mid 146s @34hz and 42hz. Box is tund to 38hz.

Phi will back me up on it that is a member here.

I'm sure bigjons ride is right up there is not louder than mine... or is it, :) we dont know...

Anyways, when it gets to a point to where u gotta turn it down before you can even reach a full 60 seconds on a song, that's where the daily driver reaches it's pleasure peak.

When you can't even listen to a song without clinching your teeth and\or looking like you just ate a lemon... that's ridiculous...

I am the first one... tryin for the 2nd version. :)

Personally I consider 140db+ as being loud. 150db+ is overkill for daily imo.

As far as your second question.... Nobody can answer that. All install, electrical, amplifeir,box dependant!

I should have been more specific from what I had asked. I meant what is when you say its too loud I should have said.

Haha when is it too loud? Dude read all the posts! Thats pretty much what they all talk about.............

most set-ups you will hear on the street are low - mid 140's.

1540 is UBER loud for a daily driver.

take that back right about now buddy.

140~145 moST CARS YOU HEAR ON THE STREETS come on buddy come on.

most set-ups you will hear on the street are low - mid 140's.

1540 is UBER loud for a daily driver.

take that back right about now buddy.

140~145 moST CARS YOU HEAR ON THE STREETS come on buddy come on.

lol i think the majority of systems around on the street are 135s maybe 140 if thier in some chitty hight tunned prefab but take them down to about 35hrz and it wont be a 140 no more lol...

LOL most systems a 140? wow amazing how many people have no clue how to match "volume" with actual metered SPL level. Sorry but unless you build a wall tuned to 40hz and do a burp at 16volt electrical, you will not see a 150db with that setup. I have two fi Q 15's on a crunch 3000d-pro, couldn't do a peak SPL run at SBN cause the deck i installed for competition was skipping when I'd get anywhere near full tilt. all I know is i was peaking in the 146's during 139 bass race, and I had a good amount to go on the volume knob.

To give you an idea, I had a kid running two 15w3 Jl's on a 500/1 in a sealed enclosure in the back of a scion. told me he did a 149....I laughed when I sat in the car. If i'm doing 146-148 on music, my wipers are moving on the windshield like mad so that gives you an idea how hard a high 140's car is....

P.S. My system in a trunk of a 4-door infiniti with full usage of the backseat...

ive heard a 145 daily, your ears start to feel a little itchy for a while but i would say 145 for daily for me, though i have to say its all preference because that 145 wasnt good enough for him and hes aiming for 150 for daily and competitions in between.

the "loudest" street beaters around these parts are 130~138.. max. i know because i have a termlab and i meter them.

nice bigjon, I plan on getting a meter myself, I have done some improvements and would love to see what I'm metering at now, My goal is 155db by end of year, but that's making some changes from whats in the ride now. 150db is the short-time goal lol...

talk to shizzon he knows a cheaper route to gauge gains in your system.

my last system would hold 143db+ @ 10hz and peak at 147hz..it was MORE than loud enough

but it didn't quite make my vision blurry enough on the lows to crash my car so it's being upgraded

yay for 150 daily. im hoping for high 140s when i get 3k+