Nikuk

Impedance Rise

Is it possible to get a smooth impedance ?

6ft @ 31 definitely looks the nicest

it don't make alot of sence...i had figured that adding .5ft would drop tuning from 31 to 27-28...but it only dropped it to 30Hz. i think i might put the .5 back in and add another .5ft. just to see what happens and how it sounds.

Is it possible to get a smooth impedance ?

smooth as in smooth curve, or as in flat?

smooth curve, yes, i think that can be achieved with trial and error..and possibly a nice box modeling program...

flat, i don't thinks so. the heat generated by the sub and the damping of the box/suspension will keep it from ever being flat. unless a person could design a varible enclosure that shifts size as heat is generated to compensate....or something..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Aperiodic membrane will have the flattest curve. Generally the smallest possible enclosure will yield the least amount of impedance rise, but then the driver would essentially be worthless.

ap boxes are harder to 'design' then bandpasses IMO :(

ap boxes are harder to 'design' then bandpasses IMO :(

Quite difficult.

You CAN tune without an RTA. There will easily be audible differences depending upon the tune.

Question: For low volume charting, why couldnt you just connect one voltmeter to the amp terminals to measure line voltage and one ampmeter in to the circut? and just makesure you dont go over 10a which is hte maximum for most multimeters. or would the amp meter cause too much of its own impeadance?

I have too many multimeters to handle (between my dad and i) but none are clamp and i dont feel like fooling with that formula with the 10ohm non inductive resistor. and if i could do this i wouldnt even have to take the driver out of the enclosure to connect anything...wich would also be a plus.

i dont know if this has already been answeared but i am at work and dont feel like taking the time to read 8 pages (7 because i already read the first stuff of course)

big difference between a $30 lowes multi meter and a $100 fluke clamp on multimeter and heh as no use for such a tool ;)

and my parents dont buy me anything... so sorry if your cutdown didnt work too well

big difference between a $30 lowes multi meter and a $100 fluke clamp on multimeter and heh as no use for such a tool ;)

and my parents dont buy me anything... so sorry if your cutdown didnt work too well

i know i'm about a month late, and you've probably already figured something out...but my clamp meter was only ~$30...

Don't take this as bashing, just constructive criticism, but you need to work on your MS Excel graph-making skills :)

I have to lean in really close to see the numbers on my screen ...

I can read everything else fine from 4 feet away on my couch ...

Don't take this as bashing, just constructive criticism, but you need to work on your MS Excel graph-making skills :)

I have to lean in really close to see the numbers on my screen ...

Me or someone else? LoL.

:fing34:

i see them fine....

Following this tutorial I just plotted the impedance rise for my two Ascendant Audio Havocs in a bandpass box. They are wired to 2 ohms final.

impedance.jpg

I think the peak at 30Hz must be the resonance of my Havocs (Fs 29Hz). Does the rest of the curve seem normal? I'm just getting into this more advanced stuff and trying to learn as much as possible.

Bandpass will have two peaks, that is not the Fs, since Fs is free air resonance.