glasjaw

Speaker suggestions for sax100.4

Just got this installed today after i got it in the mail..i didnt realize how big and sexy this thing was. But anyway, i got blown 6x9's and mediocre fusion 6.5 components in the front and i dont want to be wasting this amp.

Anybody got suggestions for speakers that would match well with this amp? Somewhere around $250 for components and $150 for rear fill. Ive thought about some lower end focals, type X pro, Infinite perfects, or maybe try the re xxx's.

Thx

I love my Pioneer Premier D Series speakers.... Also on a 100.4

I also have some Fosgate speakers and they sounds good as well.....

But it is all personal preference really...

Put all $400 and 4 channels on the front. Rears are a waste.

Have you deadened yet/

Just the trunk, only have one sheet left which clearly isnt enough for the doors.

Im not super experienced with audio set ups but while switching speakers and changing amps ive heard just the front and just the back speakers seperately with the sub and i do agree the fronts are wayy more important. It just seems like when i have ppl in the back seat and the icon pounding that only front speakers wouldnt be as balanced as having both front and rear (and im planning on a saz2000D w/xcon in the near future). Feel free to enlighten me...

Deadening is necessary, buying 4 speakers without is stupid.

As for your rears question, pretty easy to go hear for yourself. Go to any audio store. Listen to some $400 speakers and some $250. Tell me which sounds better.

ya or even 250 on components and 150 in deadening for front doors.

and yes, bridge the amp to the comps

i would get two pair of AA components but if thats an issue to put it together, with having no crossover. i installed some lower end focal speakers which are better than most speakers and they sounded great. i sell infinities out of those i would get the kappas, not the kappa perfects, kappas are run at 2 ohm which you willl get the max out your amp plus they are cheaper. i could go on with brands but its up to you when you hear them which i would do before i bought them.

deaden the doors first pick up some good mids and tweeters. then run them passive i feel its the winner in any case if done right. i believe M5 would agree.

well in that case, what comps can handle 320wrms?

u dont have to give them the full 300rms but with your "icon pounding" you might need alittle more then 100 a side...

I'm pretty sure it's doing more then 100x4. Like all Sundown amps it is under rated......

might aswell give it some headroom since he wont be needing to run rear fill. maybe active down the road??

Just because the amp is rated to do it doesn't mean it must. :starwars: He can break out a tone cd and play 1khz tone and go for the right voltage. Never heard of an amp not having better THD numbers when the gains are low. Good luck with your shopping.

:band:

Well thx for the input, ive finally figured out to ask the right ppl before i waste my money on the wrong stuff.

Im gonna order some more second skin for the doors and maybe save up for some focal polyglass comps

I have some Boston Pro 60SE on order to replace my Infinity Refrence. I am not happy with the Infinity, FWIW.

When I go to install, I will be putting some deadener on the doors and I might bridge my RF 450.4 to them if I live without my rear speakers.

I will let you know how the BA's sound next week.

Best of luck to both of you on that. I have heard some nice stuff from Boston. I await your review Sir. Focal has been incredible in the past so them Polyglass sets ought to be phenominal. I believe they have the tweeter attenuation on the crossover which makes it easier for the pillar installs. At least they won't ring your ears out.

Have you checked out the Mach 5 MLI6.5? They go nice with seas tweeters.

Use your ears instead of your mind. Completely different sounding sets there, not at all similar

Focal Polyglass sound good, but are expensive when you compare them to the KP or K2.... The K series are really really sounding GOOD!

Take a look, see the price difference and decide or save a little more!!!

You can find wonderful sales on a french official internet site: sebastoautoradio.net. Nice guys :)

Well i decided to go with the polyglass 165VR and let me say..im NOT dissapointed! They sound fantastic imo. I definately see why everyone stresses the deadening so much, the bass is louder outside of the car than it is inside. Hopefully the secondskin comes in the mail soon so i can really see what these sound like.

Thanks for the advice peeps.