greenblaze98

xcon or dc level 4xl

xcon or dc lvl4  

56 members have voted

1. 1. xcon or dc lvl4

• XCON
    • DC LEVEL 4

Interested in getting 2 15"s either a xcon or level 4xl. the enclosure will be around 7 cu.ft @ 30-33hz

powered by saz-3000d

unsure which to get

Interested in getting 2 15"s either a xcon or level 4xl. the enclosure will be around 7 cu.ft @ 30-33hz

powered by saz-3000d

unsure which to get

perfect power for the XCONs. I run mine with the same amp.

Yeah they would i got level 4 xl 18s and a sundown 3000D

Loved my LV4XL on 1500w but I also had some icons and they were great subs so I'm sure the xcons great too. Either way you'll be happy.

dc's wouldn't work with that amp

Why not?

Why not?

I think he just misunderstood mark.

Sure they will. I was just stating my opinion. XCONs are a perfect match for that power.

sounds like i cant go wrong with either

just flip a coin

in my opinion i like the way the xcon looks so SEXY

sounds like i cant go wrong with either

just flip a coin

in my opinion i like the way the xcon looks so SEXY

would should of named it: SSA SEXY

Anyway you go you won't be dissapointed one bit.

I voted XCON but im biased :P

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but the lvl4xls are probably going to get louder

the x-cons are more than likely going to sound better just pick which ever one suits you more I'm more of a spl guy so I would go lvl4xl

I'm probably gonna get flamed for saying this but the lvl4xls are probably going to get louder

the x-cons are more than likely going to sound better just pick which ever one suits you more I'm more of a spl guy so I would go lvl4xl

That's just an uneducated opinion since you haven't compared both head to head yet.

i have to go with wenn on this one i think the lvl4 xls are more spl oriented as the x cons are more of a high power handling sq sub two different things to comare depending on his goals

Edited by justiin smith

i have to go with wenn on this one i think the lvl4 xls are more spl oriented as the x cons are more of a high power handling sq sub two different things to comare depending on his goals

Well no matter what you have read, please don't judge a book by it's cover!

below is a quote from someone who just heard them for the first time.

O...M....F....G..... i just came back from hearing this monster and holy %&!@ my ears are still bleeding .....

it sounds amazing , and there still not even broken in yet , the entire Van shakes .... you could make milkshakes in the cup holders

and mix paint on the roof , LOL it was insane ....very nice .....SSA is by far the best Sub brand out there hats off , thumbs up

i will never buy another kind of sub in my life , they are the best now and forever ......i am going to let everybody i know to only buy SSA subs from now on , i am so happy with my DCON , and now i cant wait to get an ICON or XCON or both LOL

Keep up the good Work SSA , and Trevor , that install is by far your best ...... rockwoot.gif

i have two dc lvl 4XLs and a sundown 3500D. they gets loud and i had someone tell me when i was tuning how loud and clear it sounded.

I think, as you can see by the array of responses so far, you have made a topic comparing two sub woofers of different design and goals. One driver being an SPL biased high output daily driver, the other being a sound quality biased high output daily driver. I am biased towards the Xcon, but I think it is obvious why. But with out giving any indication what your goals are, we cannot really help. Sure I would love it if you got the Xcon's, they have been a big hit in their short time in the market place, but we don't know what your after or any details about your install.

I would definately go with the Xcon.....I'm running four 15" and there is not a single boomy note

from them at all...the note overlap is almost non existant and they hit like jack hammers :fing34:

If Youve Got The Money Id Go With The Xcons.

Never Had Them But From What Ive Learned On THis Amazing Forum There AMAZZING X100000

I think, as you can see by the array of responses so far, you have made a topic comparing two sub woofers of different design and goals. One driver being an SPL biased high output daily driver(DC LVL4XL), the other being a sound quality biased high output daily driver(SSA XCON). I am biased towards the Xcon, but I think it is obvious why. But with out giving any indication what your goals are, we cannot really help. Sure I would love it if you got the Xcon's, they have been a big hit in their short time in the market place, but we don't know what your after or any details about your install.

:fing34: :fing34: :fing34: :fing34: best answer i saw ina long time .... :fing34: :fing34:

BTW. i voted DC ... cause i think XL will get louder and still remain musical (havent heard either of them) <<< just my opinion :coolugh:

Edited by Tyan