slappers

LOUD SOUND QUALITY options

After all of the readings i've done, it seems like these are the popular choices for subs. Which would you rate for being the best all around LOUD SOUND QUALITY sub. It seems like the ia and xcon have the flattest bl curve, the xxx may be the winner in the lows department and the w7 is what everything is measured against.

B4 I only had highs with no mid bass, so I loved my 10w7's over my 06xxx. Now I have the focal krx2 for the highs and mids, so what would be a good sub to blend with them? They are able to play down the the 70hz range i believe.

Looking for the best sound quality in 6cubes maxx! Also looking for it to be loud(outside of the truck for showing off purpose:-) ) Size or sizes of subs doesn't matter. Price is almost no option either.

XXX is currently being redone. Re is taking 4ever to do it!!!! ?But because ppl swear by that sub, I'm gunna give it another chance. The installer that did my xxx install was fired, so I'm gunna give it another chance by the new installer.

Just wondering what everyone thought so I can spend time with the girlfriend since I have been neglecting her..... reading forum after forum lol

Amps I have are 2 mmats 3500.1 rated at 2700 at 1 ohm, 1900? at 2 ohm. I don't have to use both, but will. powering my focals is the mmats sq4100. Deck is a pioneer 4100 double din dvd.

thanks for the help

I'm going to play baseball for a few hours, then go my girls grad party, so I wont be able to respond till later on 2nite...

thanks again. i 4got about nightshades and ia dp.

The XCON is a great flat sound that plays all the lows and will get loud as chit.

JL and the XXX are nice, just $$$ for what you get. I am damn happy with the XCON's.

and u will hear there is no such thing as LSQ :chat:

but if u want somethin that slams the lows >> XXX,Havoc,Xcon,... :fing34:

The XCON is a great flat sound that plays all the lows and will get loud as chit.

JL and the XXX are nice, just $$$ for what you get. I am damn happy with the XCON's.

agreed. The XCON 18 plays nicely a 6ft^3 box after displacements.

I LOVE my xcon. I would say the best investment I have mae in the industry.

Ok sounds great!!! I'm gunna sell my 10w7s and when the XXX gets done, I will sell that too. So I can go with the Xcon. Just to make sure, I should go with 1 18? When I emailed ssa about what to do, they said two 15's. I would think that 6 cubes total would be too small?!?!

why would you sell the xxx for an x-con you should make enough off of the jl to try both. The xxx is a low end monster so the x-con is probably going to play flatter and respond better. Just my take on it but I had 05 xxx's so it might be different.

I love the low end of the xxx, but overall I thought it was overated!! Just different tastes i guess, so selling the xxx wouldn't be much of a loss for me. when the xxx finally gets done from RE, I'll take a pic and ask my chick to load it up for me on here to show that I have it. It could have been the previous installers fault, thats y im giving it another chance....

I've read that the 05 and 06 xxx are different, unfortunately the 05 was better.....

thanks for the replies!!!!

I'll throw out a few more choices: 18" HDC with alum coils in 5 1/2-6cubes tuned to 38Hz. Or if you want to use both amps then 2 12" HDC's with alum coils in 4cubes @ 38Hz.

I've had very good luck with the HDC's for daily music listening and getting very loud when I'm in the mood. Dialing back the remote gain and EQ'ing down 31.5/50Hz really makes them blend well with my front stage and makes them sound very tight/accurate. Then I can crank things up and they'll pound you in the chest...

I run 3.5k on each of my HDC's with no issues. I mostly listen to rock/metal and they take the power no sweat.

I'll Take The XXX Of Your Hands. :D

If I don't like the xxx when it gets redone, u got a deal and unfortunately my chic doesn't want u guys m@sterb@ting to her LOL!!! Does the 18 hdc have comparable sq? I thought the hdc's couldn't hit the low lows cuz the fs is only 43??

ooops I c that the 18" is at 31 and the xcon is at 27.6 So should I get the 18hdc and tune it to 32? or keep it at 38? I want to be able to get low and blend in gud!!! Would it be the same as an ia dp or nightshade??

Thanks

Xcon has a lower fs, pretty sure more xmax then the hdc3 18"

If your looking for strong lowend, very loud and great SQ at the same time i say Xcon :)

Is there an advantage to having 2 slot ports? if so I'll prob go with the 15 since that will probably be around 6cubes. If theres no advantage, would the 18" xcon in 6cubes total, with polyfill be enough?

Yay. I Dibbs'd The XXX. :D

Which Year Model Is It, Anyway?

And I Wouldn't Even Think Of Using An AudioQue Product For Sound Quality, But That's Just Me, I'd Rather Have An Xcon.

How Much Room Do You Have To Work With? I Also Haven't Seen Any Advantage Over Two Smaller Slot Ports Than Just One Big One, Depending On Port Placement.

i have lots of experience with Audioque, and unfortunately, i'm putting my vote to Xcon as well for you.

Don't get me wrong, AQ is very nice, but if u are after that pure good sounding music all the time, i'm sure the Xcon is better.

And, the HDCs can drop low better than hydraulics can. They are destructive low end monsters.