sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

Jacob I have been estimating the SD for renderings. What is the SD? So I'm not spinning my wheels.

Thx

I doubt Jacob measured, so just take the cone body diameter plus 1/3 the width of the surround.

Dude take time to read prior to commenting. Mr. Obvious, that is what I have been estimating. Since no one but Jacob knows I doubt it would be a problem to measure for a paying customer. I have little patience for disrespectful people. At the present time I have several enclosures in the design and building phase and I don't want to waste either my time or Jacobs.

Jacob I have been estimating the SD for renderings. What is the SD? So I'm not spinning my wheels.

Thx

I doubt Jacob measured, so just take the cone body diameter plus 1/3 the width of the surround.

Dude take time to read prior to commenting. Mr. Obvious, that is what I have been estimating. Since no one but Jacob knows I doubt it would be a problem to measure for a paying customer. I have little patience for disrespectful people. At the present time I have several enclosures in the design and building phase and I don't want to waste either my time or Jacobs.

I read what you said perfectly fine, I think you forgot your manners for a minute as well.I told you to re-estimate because it's Sunday and Jacob won't be able to reply till the morning, an as you said, "At the present time I have several enclosures in the design and building phase and I don't want to waste either my time or Jacobs." Don't you think that taking Jacob away from his already busy schedule to measure something you can estimate very accurately yourself cause you and him to waste your time?

Forgive me if I offend you, but I think you should be taking your own advice.

Okay I'm no longer shopping for subs but I need help deciding what voice coil to go with and what amp to power them? I will be putting them in a ported enclosure around 1.0 cu ft. I would like to go with a sundown amp being that I have only read good things about their products. Can the sundown amps run at 1/2 ohm regularly or would it be safer just to do 2 ohm? Also it would be an added bonus to be able to find one used as I still have to buy a new navi head unit, mids and mid amp and sound deading all for about $3000. Thanks in advance guys!!!

Thx

122 in^2

View PostSoapbox, on 27 December 2009 - 06:01 PM, said:

Thx

122 in^2

Sorry Jacob, but this doesn't make sense.

I was plugging numbers into Bass Box Pro 6 using the sd from my eclipse 8808 dvc which are listed at 35.96 in^2.

Thanks.

P.S. How much longer do you think you'll be accepting pre-orders? If I decide to go with your SA-8's I'll order 4 of them.

That is what I get for doing math on cold medicine... I used diameter instead of radius... it's actually about 31 in^2 doing it right.

Thanks, that sounds better.

I hope you feel better soon.

Just sent my money for two of these!!! Guess I'll be looking for a SAZ-1500D or SAZ-2000D. Now I got to design a box and start shopping for some mids and a HU!!

Money sent for 4. :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

What amp alternator would you recommend if I get a saz 2000d (1ohm load) ?

I have a 95 amp now, I've seen some 160 amp alternators for decent price.

Would that work for daily?

Edited by cobra93

Money sent for 4. :santa: :santa: :santa: :santa:

What amp alternator would you recommend if I get a saz 2000d (1ohm load) ?

I have a 95 amp now, I've seen some 160 amp alternators for decent price.

Would that work for daily?

160 or bigger, try to find the biggest one that you can get for your car.

Thanks jay-cee, looks like need an upgrade as well. :peepwall:

Hoping for an earlier than expected release on these. 2 more months without subs is going to drive me crazy :trippy:

Anyone that pre-ordered these subs have you gotten a confirmation back from anyone at sundown that your order has been recieved? I ordered two last week and have not heard anything back from them.

I have received several orders. If you want to check if I received yours just e-mail me.

I am going to order 4 tonight and they will be in my chevy silverado extra cab . which will give me a higher spl porting all 4 together , in pairs, or each individual?oh and just wondering have you ran them on there rms rating and seen what they do on the meter?

Use a common chamber -- much easier to fit the port length.

I'm sure you will see some results at rated power levels when they arrive.

I may actually re-build my pair and put them in my Dad's truck for him... he is still rocking E8s.

Use a common chamber -- much easier to fit the port length.

I'm sure you will see some results at rated power levels when they arrive.

I may actually re-build my pair and put them in my Dad's truck for him... he is still rocking E8s.

awesome thaank you! well i bet he's gonna be amazed

Not trying to change the subject. But is there a advantage/disadvantage to using a common chamber? I did a search for it and didn't find much. If this has been discussed could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Not trying to change the subject. But is there a advantage/disadvantage to using a common chamber? I did a search for it and didn't find much. If this has been discussed could you please point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I dont think it is a big difference or even noticeable one between a separate or shared chamber. The only advantage of having a separate one is if one of your subs fail you could play it without any problems since it is basically in its own enclosure.

So it says February would that be beginning or latter of the month?

was planning on running 2 IDQ15s sealed off of a kicker zx1000.1 but kind of like the idea of running some 8s to show ppl what they can do.. how do u think 2 sa8s tuned to 30hz and powered by a saz 1000 sound?would be going in an 02 xtreme blazer and i listen to mostly rock/metal. front stage is ID ctx65cs powered by a sundown sax 50.4

I'm hoping to have these in time for Carl Casper in feb. :drink40: