total mayhem

Thanks AA for my new Viper 5901 remote start!!!

I went to a local shop today to price some remote start security systems. I was looking at the Viper 5109. While looking at my truck the shop owner noticed my monster box with an 18 AA Mayhem. Without getting into a long story, he told me that the sub was no more than a true 500 rms sub (keeping in mind that he has never heard of AA) and said that his his two 12 inch Flame series Audiodahn subs powered by a Flame series amp would hit harder and be louder than the Mayhem ( silly silly man). He was so positive he would beat me that he said he would give me my alarm and install it for free if he wasnt.!!! Like I said THANKS AA !!! My alarm will be installed on Wed.!!

003.jpg

Edited by total mayhem

:woot: , what a story man.

thats gnarly

i need to have this happen to me

:bull:

LOL I wish he would have filled up my gas tank instead!!! This thing is a b***h to fill up. Leaves my pockets sad everytime

i guess i have to do a trip to one of those audio shops i wonders what they will say about my 18's lol

my lucky guess would be there slow woofas lol :ban2:

and im actually scare to see the subs move in the 28 hz or so i just smile to them :santa: and say to my self oh god

Holy fuck!!!! Nice score on that one. What kind of vehicle do you have? That's gonna be a spendy install for that shop. Between the whole system and bypass modules, that guy is probably looking at around 3 hundo.

Holy fuck!!!! Nice score on that one. What kind of vehicle do you have? That's gonna be a spendy install for that shop. Between the whole system and bypass modules, that guy is probably looking at around 3 hundo.

Thanks! Its an 04 Suburban. The alarm itself is 500 bucks!!! I called around to a couple of shops and the least expensive install (including bypass modules) was $280 . Its a 4 hour install. Poor guy.......sike!! Thats what happens when you bet against things you dont know about. Mike jones came on and I swore he was gonna leave a stinch in the car. Ive never seen a guy bail out of a car faster ( unless it was stolen) lmao

i guess i have to do a trip to one of those audio shops i wonders what they will say about my 18's lol

my lucky guess would be there slow woofas lol :ban2:

and im actually scare to see the subs move in the 28 hz or so i just smile to them :santa: and say to my self oh god

LMAO :woot:

What Mike Jones song were you playing?

What Mike Jones song were you playing?

Houston Oilers

I figured, yeah that song beats donw :fing34:

At the shop I work at, we charge 550 for complete install, bypass modules and labor. That's locks, power trunks, heated seat, automatic doors. All the fancy stuff.

WE installed that same unit in some guys Bobcat Toolcat utility vehicle. That thing was sweet, full stereo minus sub and a remote start. Some people just have too much money.

At the shop I work at, we charge 550 for complete install, bypass modules and labor. That's locks, power trunks, heated seat, automatic doors. All the fancy stuff.

WE installed that same unit in some guys Bobcat Toolcat utility vehicle. That thing was sweet, full stereo minus sub and a remote start. Some people just have too much money.

:orly3: God I wish I lived out there.......minus the cold Lol They charge so much for this stuff in So Cal. One guy told me $1600 for everything with remote start and if I wanted all of the other fancy stuff (like windows) it would cost like 150 per window. aaaaaaaaahhhh my luck. I'll just take a road trip next time!!

They get those alarms for much cheaper than that. Remote starter/alarms have one of the biggest margins when it comes to profit. At boomers we used to charge $199 for a cheap remote starter and we only payed $30 for the unit. My AST 2 way costed me $289 and was an $849 piece or something rediculous like that lol.

Still that is insane that he put something on the line like that. I am so surprised he even admitted to it being louder than those pos audiobahns lol.

Nice!

Nothing like making an Audiobahn guy eat crow!

santa.gif

It is too bad you did not get a video of this. :drink40:

Man, that looks like a nice box. . .It appears to have another hole in it as if it was waiting for another 18" sub. . .

:orly3:

:lol2:

The sad thing is the combination of arrogance and ignorance is standard fare at the mass majority of brick and mortar stores.

They get those alarms for much cheaper than that. Remote starter/alarms have one of the biggest margins when it comes to profit. At boomers we used to charge $199 for a cheap remote starter and we only payed $30 for the unit. My AST 2 way costed me $289 and was an $849 piece or something rediculous like that lol.

Still that is insane that he put something on the line like that. I am so surprised he even admitted to it being louder than those pos audiobahns lol.

Yeah I figured the cost on those wasnt very much. I didnt realize that it was that huge of a cost margin though. POS is right!!! he coundnt deny it though, it was WAAAAAAAAAAYY to obvious!

It is too bad you did not get a video of this. :drink40:

I know!!! boy I wish I'd had a camera on me!!! 1 million hits on You Tube!! lol

Man, that looks like a nice box. . .It appears to have another hole in it as if it was waiting for another 18" sub. . .

I must say it is beautiful (wink wink) that one guy helped me preeeeeety good. LMAO....that big ol hole hmmm maybe something a little more brutal going in there....something like a .........well you'll have to see! (bet you can guess though x2)

:orly3:

:lol2:

The sad thing is the combination of arrogance and ignorance is standard fare at the mass majority of brick and mortar stores.

so true