smashedz28

Looking for an amp for BTL 18"

Ok, ive been talked into a 18" BTL over the 15".. my price range isnt a ton for an amp to power it. So far the only thing that has caught my eye is a Sundown SAZ1500D, can get it used from a guy down the street from me for about $270 with a few minor scratches... Ive been told HIfonics CAN be good if you get the right one.. what is the right one? IS there any other brands of affordable amps out there? I want the Sundown 2000D or the 3500D but new price is over budget for me.. what do you guys suggest?

This is just an amp question you guys, but for those who will want to know, All this is either being ordered or is sitting in my room now,

Vehicle: 97 Chev. Tahoe

Wires: 0/1 Gauge knukonceptz (have it)

Alt: 220 Amp (waiting for delivery)

Battery: Kinetik HC1800 (next week)

Sub: Fi BTL 18" (2 weeks maybe)

Amp: still dont know.

i like hifonics and havnt had any problem with them... u can also go with the ap3000d and set ur gains down, they are about 300 bucks and do rated power.

Haven't heard of planet audio before.. price is for sure in my range.. but would i be better off with the sundown 1500 over the planet audio 3000? ive never used either but im aware that sundown audio means business.? also anyone know what hifonics amps i need to stay away from? keep the post's coming, i appreciate the hell out of it :)

The AP30001D is an Audiopipe, great budget amps, but they make their power at 2 ohms because it is actually 2 AP15001Ds strapped in the same case. So, your sub would have to be a dual 1 ohm or dual 4 ohm to use the amps full potential. I would suggest the MB Quart DSC2000.1D. Great amps do rated power and my boy galacticmonkey just happevs to have two for sale at an awsome price.

FS: 2 MB Quart DSC2000.1 - FloridaSPL

Good luck.

Edited by PHATBOi

get a death penalty 21" (1500 watts)or even the btl and the sundown 1500d. perfect set up you dont need 2000 watts. plus you sound like you would sacrifice quality for money.

If that SAZ1500D is in good working order, that's a pretty good deal and it will power the BTL just fine. It will put out nearly 2000 watts, and you won't hear a difference between that and an actual 2000 watt amp anyways.

If that SAZ1500D is in good working order, that's a pretty good deal and it will power the BTL just fine. It will put out nearly 2000 watts, and you won't hear a difference between that and an actual 2000 watt amp anyways.

x2, test that Sundown to make sure it is working and then walk away with a good amp at a steal of price.

x2, test that Sundown to make sure it is working and then walk away with a good amp at a steal of price.

X3. Thats what I use and its great.

$270 and its in your neighborhood? Now thats a helluva deal!trink40.gif

A Sundown 1500 for (so) cheap around the corner: don't let anybody take it before you !

You're a lucky man. :)

get a death penalty 21" (1500 watts)or even the btl and the sundown 1500d. perfect set up you dont need 2000 watts. plus you sound like you would sacrifice quality for money.

You really need to stop replying with the same thing. We've already heard your suggestion, now stand in the corner with your dunce cap and twiddle your thumbs.

alright, i appreciate all your info besides the guy tryin to sell me something else and saying i will sacrifice quality for money cause i think he's a tard. :) I think the sundown 1500 is what its gonna be, i will make sure to test it before paying. It has a scratch on the front of it from what the guy told me his seat against it. MB Quartz was another i was thinking of before posting this, always thought it was a good brand but not 100% sure. Here is a pic of the sundown for anyone who cars.. looks cosmetic but a picture is nothing to really go by when buying an amp, ill have to hear it work before giving him the money of course.

2qi8c2u.jpg

You really need to stop replying with the same thing. We've already heard your suggestion, now stand in the corner with your dunce cap and twiddle your thumbs.

:+1: to Duran

As you said make sure to test the amp out....also you might be able to touch up thats scratch with some paint

Got the amp in hand :D Sundown 1500 for $270 works like a charm. more to come :)

:fing34:

hahaha, barely read this post. who care if i suggested the same twice to two people, it works plus he wanted big, he said size doesn't matter. why not its another three inches. how many people do you see with a 21" sub. hater... clown on wrong information post but not opinions. but your cool.

kinda had my mind made up before i posted this thread bud. but appreciate it :) goin with the 18" BTL hence the title "Looking for an amp for BTL 18". already have the sundown 1500.. you guys can let this thread fall to the bottom for anyone who has the same question one day. also let me add this.. my friend got his hands on a audiopipe 1500 and we hooked it up today.. that little sucker is powerful! shocked the hell out of me.. if that sundown wouldnt have came through at the price i got it.. audiopipe WOULD have been my choice, and from this day on.. if im asked what is a good budget amp.. audiopipe will be my answer. very impressed. You guys know what your talkin about thats for sure. .. well most of you :)