SpeakerBoy

Addiction sucks.

I feel horrible, just got back from the hospital for the umpteenth time in i don't know how many months. Withdrawls for days, and pain so bad i just wanna :bowpuke: . Diphenhydramine HCl is the worst drug i've ever done, yet i've done it hundreds of times, if not more.

For those of you less chemically inclined, thats the active ingredient in: Benadryl, Unisom, Nytol ect.

Doesn't generally seem harmful but 30+ times the recommended dose has a slightly different effect :o .

I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that something has to be done about my problem, and i guess i'm asking for some support from my friends here on SSA.

we all got issues nice to see that im not the only one with that porblem, im not on anything hard but i smoke weed about 3grms a day, provided in i cali. I get it prescribed by a doctor. i cant go more a couple hours without smoking. i go to school and work and maintain a good life but i still spend about 400 dollars a month on that habit alone. i go through shake, and hot flashes and get really cranky if i dont smoke. i love weed but anyone says that it's not addictive to an extent then they are lying. it's only weed but i though id share my story. need to quit or grow more.lol.

we all got issues nice to see that im not the only one with that porblem, im not on anything hard but i smoke weed about 3grms a day, provided in i cali. I get it prescribed by a doctor. i cant go more a couple hours without smoking. i go to school and work and maintain a good life but i still spend about 400 dollars a month on that habit alone. i go through shake, and hot flashes and get really cranky if i dont smoke. i love weed but anyone says that it's not addictive to an extent then they are lying. it's only weed but i though id share my story. need to quit or grow more.lol.

Sure there's very little evidence that it's physically addicting. (Still doesn't mean it's not) But then you still have the psycological aspect. Hell dude, you can be addicted to chocolate and the discovery channel. Anything in excess is a problem (except loud bass :woot: ) We all have ways of dealing with stuff but you have to look at it long term and decide if you see yourself where you want to be down the road. Personally i would rather be addicted to weed than a chemical that after [only] a year of use has me disoriented and seriously wondering if i'm knocking on death's door. Addiction in general is bad, but to everyone their problems are big. That's not a diss to anyone; look at it this way: over in africa people are wondering if they will get anough food to live through the week, thats the biggest problem in their life. Over here, Timmy's date dumped him for the football player for prom, and he got rejected from another college. Thats the biggest problem in his life. It's all relative.

Sort of like cigarettes. I don't know what the big deal is. Everyone says quitting is hard, I just don't get it. I've done it at least a hundred times.

Finally got it to stick though. Real key is choosing to not be the guy who uses whatever it is all the time. Quitting for health or what not doesn't work, you have to decide to not be a user. Good luck!

Addictions suck. I am recently off the cigarettes and it was hard and getting easier. One of my good friends is going through some problems with taking large amounts of perscription drugs and alcohol and is paying the price with the law now. It's better now than ever to get off, because the longer you wait, the harder it is to stop. Good Luck.

Sort of like cigarettes. I don't know what the big deal is. Everyone says quitting is hard, I just don't get it. I've done it at least a hundred times.

Finally got it to stick though. Real key is choosing to not be the guy who uses whatever it is all the time. Quitting for health or what not doesn't work, you have to decide to not be a user. Good luck!

... Though ...

I guess you need to ask your self in all honesty...what you really want.

Adiction...no matter to what....is a bitch to say the least.

Getting to where you want to go starts with your honesty to your self. Nobody can do that for you.

I wish you all the strength in the world.

It also helps if you have something else to reach out to instead of giving in to what you don't want to do.

you can always mail me if you need to shoot the shit.

Sorry, I have no sympathy for you. Stop buying triple C's at CVS and grow up.

It's totally up to you to want to quit and get the help needed to quit! People will help if you're willing to help yourself! It all starts with you!

Good Luck .... trink40.gif

I don't understand addictions. But maybe just because I've never allowed myself to become addicted to anything since nearly everything you get addicted to is bad for you.

Just be strong of mind and quit.

You sir, are an ass hole. You obviously have no understanding of the human body or it's reaction to addiction. Addiction is a very powerful feeling to overcome by itself in a psychological way, that doesn't compare to chemical addiction. If you understood your own body you'd feel differently and probably appreciate how lucky you are to not have a psychological or physiological addiction.

I just quit smoking on nov 17 2009, my wedding anniversary. i had smoked for 13 years heavy. about a month later i found out my wifes pregnant with our first child after trying for a year. We did the math and my wife got pregnant the day i quit smoking. addiction is very hard and something you may struggle with for a long time. but who knows something very great could come of it totally unexpected.

Nothing good ever come from addiction, but many good things could when you overcome it . tough it out, you CAN do it!

I lost quite a few good friends to drugs growing up. (Not dead, just lost their friendship) I've never touched anything of any sort, so I can't offer any real advice except stick with it. Mind over matter.

I just quit smoking on nov 17 2009, my wedding anniversary. i had smoked for 13 years heavy. about a month later i found out my wifes pregnant with our first child after trying for a year. We did the math and my wife got pregnant the day i quit smoking. addiction is very hard and something you may struggle with for a long time. but who knows something very great could come of it totally unexpected.

Nothing good ever come from addiction, but many good things could when you overcome it . tough it out, you CAN do it!

congrats

Your prob going to need a bit more than on off topic thread if your serious about moving on. Find a new addiction. Get addicted to kicking a rock. Get outside. Go walk, go run, go do something. Replace your easy mundane lifestyle of using and replace it with something else. Go kick a rock every time you want to use. Find a big rock so it hurts ur toes when you kick it. Give yourself something to think about and stimulate your body in a different way. Good luck though.

Thats a super dick move. Hella weak. Attack him when hes asking for help?

Addictions can come in all forms of things as mentioned before. The turn can come when you weigh how important you feel the drug of choice is to you in your life, versus the residual image that you envision. If you dont like what you see, it can be a radical time for change. You will know it when it hits you.

Ive overcome an addiction to crystal meth now for 6 years. I lost out on the first 5 years of my daughters life because I was too whacked to give a fuck. Just glad it wasnt longer before I seen my image and it made me sick!

Good luck and I hope you see what I did.

.......Ive overcome an addiction to crystal meth now for 6 years......

What kinds of things helped you off the stuff? Lets give this guy some concrete goals or tasks he can achieve to move past his problem.

.......Ive overcome an addiction to crystal meth now for 6 years......

What kinds of things helped you off the stuff? Lets give this guy some concrete goals or tasks he can achieve to move past his problem.

Every addiction Ive had, has been overcome with mental strength. I wanted to quit for me but my daughter was always a driving force. It will never work if you want to change for the sake of others. You must be strong in your own mind to want change.

The easiest way to tighten up your grip on life is to distance yourself from those people who arent in on your new plans and goals. Meaning, I quit hanging out with all the friends I ever had since grade school. It was a tight knit group but we were all headed in the WRONG direction. Not many were on board, so I got off. If I didnt, I would have subjected myself to failure because the temptation was too great.

im addicted to meth myself getting clean is hard stuff. ive tried multiple times unsuccessfully so good luck man hope u succeed

What a topic. I don't even know where to start.

People in general like to overuse and abuse things. This can be anything from sleep, coffee, exercise, being a shop-a-holic or even work.

Its not until we are no longer happy with the outcome that fell we have a problem. At this point you must decide the outcome is no worth the effort.

If the thing you are abusing is something you MUST use than I suggest establishing a healthy use plan.

If it is something you are using just to feel better or overcome depression that I suggest finding other things that HELP you feel better i.e. exercise, being social, building things, eating healthier, making other plans and sticking to them. Do ANYTHING that makes YOU feel accomplished and you WILL feel better.

There is NO magic anwser for you. There is no ONE thing that is going to make the addiction breakable, But a LOT of little things.

This will take TIME and HARD WORK, don't expect to feel better overnight. But set goals and make yourself proud.

I could tell you a LIST of things that WORKED for me, but its different for everybody.

You sir, are an ass hole. You obviously have no understanding of the human body or it's reaction to addiction. Addiction is a very powerful feeling to overcome by itself in a psychological way, that doesn't compare to chemical addiction. If you understood your own body you'd feel differently and probably appreciate how lucky you are to not have a psychological or physiological addiction.

That's a pretty bold statement considering you don't know me nor do you know the things I've been through in my life. The OP is only 16 years old, he is simply going through a phase in his life which he needs to grow out of. It's all fun and games until someones eyes roll back into their head.

Addiction sucks ass but the best part for you is that your still super young and couldnt have been addiction for a long time. the physical addiction will be tough which you can get from just one use. but the good side is you couldnt have built a major habit. the mental part is where you need to speak to a counseler at school of higher up to get to the root of the problem that makes you want to use.

That's a pretty bold statement considering you don't know me nor do you know the things I've been through in my life. The OP is only 16 years old, he is simply going through a phase in his life which he needs to grow out of. It's all fun and games until someones eyes roll back into their head.

Its a pretty bold thing to say when no one else knows the circumstances you do. The things you have been through dont have anything to do with his post. He said that because it was an extremely rude thing to say when someone is reaching out. Point blank.:(

To the OP: It takes alot of balls to admit so something like that, even if its only on an internet forum. Ive been through it before, you have to figure out what triggers you to use, and avoid then figure out more positive ways to cope with your triggers.

Its a pretty bold thing to say when no one else knows the circumstances you do. The things you have been through dont have anything to do with his post. He said that because it was an extremely rude thing to say when someone is reaching out. Point blank.:(

Sorry, the truth hurts. He needs a reality check, not a bunch of sympathy and crying in a camp fire. I've been through plenty of rehab and bullshit to know what's going on here.

Addiction is more than just a lack of will power or just a need to grow up, its a serious disease. If you had cancer, you would go out for the best treatment possible just to get well... same thing goes for addiction. Addicts are sick people, if a drug addict is arrested and placed in jail... that is no solution. Addicts are generally people who need help but in some cases that isn't so easy. some people will never come to terms with themselves. Its serious shit that has the ability to wreck you physically, emotionally, and even spread to affecting your love ones. .

Edited by keetykush